Thelone reviews OVW TV Episode 1130

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone reviews OVW TV Episode 1130

Post by Thelone » Apr 17th, '21, 08:20

So let's forget about AEW for a little while, and go to Al Snow's OVW.

We start with a recap of something that happened during a match the previous week. I'm going blind so I don't really know what's happening here.

Intro with Snow saying a few words and "the future is now".

So we have a ladder match main event and one of the competitors (AJZ I think) is out, but they're going to find a suitable replacement. Now the first match is...

The Tate Twins (Brendon and Brent) (c) vs. Tony Gunn & Jessie Godderz (w/ Shannon the Dude) - **
The Twins were Dalton Castle's boys in ROH a few years ago. Godderz is still around and their National champion, and Gunn has been in OVW forever.

I guess we have a story with Godderz not getting along with Gunn, and Godderz being an ass and bully to the twins. I'm not sure I've got the finish which was the Twins doing... something on the outside, one of them going back in the ring, being "tripped" by Gunn and Godderz caught him in a small package for the three and the belts. Commentary is (kinda) pushing the idea the twin who just lost wasn't the legal man, but we'll see I suppose. Match was ok, but a bit sloppy at times.

Backstage with some nameless guy interviewing the replacement for the main event and it's Tony Bizo. The best way I can put it is that he seems to be a dollar store Rock. He said that he deserves this spot and is gonna win.

The announcers talk about the heavyweight champion (Omar Amir) being suspended for 30 days, but he will be back to defend his title at their next special against Cash Flo. Next match is...

Tony Evans vs. Captain Caribbean - Squash
Captain is some masked guy making his debut here and... struts... a lot. Oh, the announcers are basically saying that he's a regular doing the Mr. America gimmick and yeah, it's pretty obvious who this is. Anyway, he wins fairly quickly against the CAW.

Godderz comes back acting... drunk? Or loopy? Anyway, he joins the table for the main event.

Luscious Lawrence (w/ Haley J) vs. Dustin Jackson vs. Ryan Howe vs. Tony Bizo - *
This is a 4-way ladder match to challenge Godderz for the National title at the next special.

Fucking LOL at the announcers going crazy for a spot through a ladder, only for the obvious rubber ladder to be back into shape 15 seconds later. Man, this is a slow, plodding ladder match if I ever saw one. Anyway, Lawrence gets the briefcase after multiple interferences from Haley J, who's also their women's champion by the way.

Well that was... something that I've just watched. It wasn't offensively bad or anything, but it certainly wasn't good either. I'll give them a few more weeks, but that wasn't a good start.