BRM Reviews CHIKARA King of Trios 2009: Night 2

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews CHIKARA King of Trios 2009: Night 2

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 29th, '13, 21:38

CHIKARA King of Trios 2009: Night 2 (3/28/2009)- Philadelphia, PA

REY DE VOLADORES TOURNAMENT FIRST-ROUND MATCH: Austin Aries vs. Matt Jackson vs. Fire Ant vs. Player Dos- 7/10
Great action in the opener is almost always a good thing

FIRST FAMILY PROMO- fun

KING OF TRIOS QUARTERFINAL MATCH: F.I.S.T. vs. The First Family (Arik Cannon, Darin Corbin, & Ryan Cruz)-6/10

DAVEY VEGA & GARY THE BARNOWN vs. THE SUBMISSION SQUAD (Pierre Abernathy & Evan Gelistico)- 2.25/10
Not good at all. The action was slow and lame, and I just didn’t care about anything they did.

THE FUTURE IS NOW PROMO- DEAR LORD! Their catchphrase is just so cliché and their delivery of it is terrible!

KING OF TRIOS QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Osirian Portal (Amasis, Ophidian, & Escorpion Egipcio) vs. The Future is Now (Lince Dorado, Helios, & Equinox)- 5.75/10
They just lost me half way through the match. The match didn’t feel like it was going anywhere so I just stopped caring.

REY DE VOLADORES TOURNAMENT FIRST-ROUND MATCH: Nick Jackson vs. El Generico vs. Kota Ibushi vs. Jigsaw- 8.75/10
AWESOME MATCH! The one flaw in here is the spot where Generico breaks up Nick’s pin on Kota. They had been working as a team against Kota and it is an elimination match. Why would Generico break the pin up?

COLIN DELANEY PROMO- decent

KING OF TRIOS QUARTERFINAL MATCH: The UnStable (Colin Delaney, STIGMA, & Vin Gerard) vs. Da Soul Touchaz (w/C. Red & Dymond)- 5.75/10
Decent match with a very hot crowd

PLAYER UNO PROMO- eh

INTER-SPECIES WRESTLING TITLE MATCH: Player Uno(c) vs. Twiggy- 6.5/10

TEAM UPPERCUT PROMO-
Taylor- “I’ve been waiting to get my hands on Johnny Saint for a long time.”
Claudio- “I’ve been waiting to get my hands on Mike Quackenbush for a long time.”
Dragon- “I don’t know Skayde.”
LOVE IT!

KING OF TRIOS QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Team Uppercut (Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli, & Dave Taylor) vs. The Masters of 1,000 Holds (Mike Quackenbush, Johnny Saint, & Jorge “Skayde” Rivera- 7/10
This was more about getting to see Saint and Taylor get to interact with the other guys than it was about telling a really story, but it worked.

Overall, a good show from CHIKARA, but it’s really a one match show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Re: BRM Reviews CHIKARA King of Trios 2009: Night 2

Post by yourcrapsweak » Mar 9th, '13, 09:55

Big Red Machine wrote:Overall, a good show from CHIKARA, but it’s really a one match show.
What?! Both Rey de Voladores matches and the main event are all worth watching, the latter two I would say worth going out of your way to see. This is one of my favorite Chikara shows of all time (so maybe I'm biased).
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen