BRM Reviews Beyond Wrestling Bye Bye Beautiful

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews Beyond Wrestling Bye Bye Beautiful

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 2nd, '17, 13:18

Beyond Wrestling Bye Bye Beautiful (8/13/2017)- Boston, MA

WHEELER YUTA vs. RORY GULAK- 4.5/10
Gulak jumps the bell on Wheeler. They probably did that because they had less than five minutes, but they sure made the most of it. The match was GREAT for the time it got.

EFBYO (Angel Ortiz & Mike Draztik) vs. Mike Verna & Ryan Galeone (w/Dan Barry & Rex Lawless)- 5.25/10
EFBYO get the win via DQ but then get laid out by the heels. Doom Patrol came out to chase the heels off, and all of Team Pazuzu posed together.

JT DUNN vs. MARTIN STONE- 7/10
These two had a really good technical match that got less technical as both men got a little angry. Dunn won with a roll-up. Stone actually got his feet on the ropes but the referee didn’t see it.

BRANDON WATTS vs. ZENSHI- 4.75/10
Zenshi used to be Shynron from CHIKARA. It seems like kind of a weird name to me. Also, Zow-Ki is probably pretty angry about zimmick infringement, and he’s not someone I would want pissed off at me. These two had a short little high-flying match with an extremely amusing finish for such a match, but it definitely worked.

DOOM PATROL vs. THE CHOSEN BROS- 8.5/10
They did some mat-wrestling, hit each other hard, and threw each other around, which is all I want from these two teams. AWESOME match.

JOHN SILVER vs. ZACK GIBSON- 6.75/10
Zack Gibson did his usual stuff before the match where he tries to cut a promo and the crowd boos the sh*t out of him. The match was fine for the time it got, but I wasn’t into the big strike exchanges as much as some others might be.

TRAVIS BANKS vs. TRACY WILLIAMS- 7/10
Like the previous but with one or two bigger spots peppered in.

DONOVAN DIJAK vs. WALTER (w/Timothy Thatcher)- 7.5/10
A big hoss-fight with some very athletic spots and guys working the head. In other words the most Donovan Dijak match ever… which was perfect for Dijak’s send off in the company where he was the most over. Dijak gave a nice goodbye speech after the match.

A very fun show from Beyond, and at only one hour and forty-three minutes, it is well worth taking the time to check out. The Chosen Bros. vs. Doom Patrol match alone was worth the price of admission, and everything else delivered for the time it was given.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3