Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 74

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 74

Post by Thelone » Sep 10th, '19, 16:03

Because this cycle just won't stop, here's another week of it!

We start with a camera man trying to interview Konnan in a parking lot, but the Parks and Bestia attack him. Here's Salina who just pick up her phone back while Konnan was lying on the ground. So much for this storyline...

Jordan Oliver (w/ Myron Reed) vs. Gringo Loco – DUD
Aaand we're back in... Chicago, where the previous taping took place TWO MONTHS AGO. So we have this match that the announcers are hyping as the follow-up to what happened last week (which was taped in NYC at the end of July), and we have Oliver cutting some promo I couldn't care less about that most likely was shot last saturday at the War Chamber taping. The stupidity doesn't stop there because Bocchini and Schiavone are doing commentary here, but we can clearly see Bocchini with CORNETTE at ringside.

So yeah, I couldn't take any of this shit seriously because this storyline sucks, the crowd sweetening was horrible and the most obvious thing in the world (I mean, you can usually tell anyway, but this was so bad that it drawned EVERYTHING, even strikes), and the announcers hyping this garbage as something I should care about even though they've done NOTHING to explain what the hell is going on with this faction turned this match into a joke frankly. The match was sloppy and slow anyway with Oliver pinning Loco for the win after Reed hit him with a chair.

Billionth control center for War Chamber, and they're pushing the idea that Lawlor and the Von Erichs don't know if they can trust Low Ki for the match. He cuts a promo afterwards and doesn't say much of note.

Richard Holliday vs. Brian Pillman Jr. – ***
That was a bit slow and basic, but I liked the finish with Pillman throwing his 2018 Rookie of the year trophy at Holliday and channelling Eddie Guerrero while the referee was getting rid of a chair Holliday brought in earlier, then he kicked him in the balls and hit his finisher for the win.

Another hype video for Garrini.

Highlights from last week's main event and post-match brawl. The Von Erichs cut another promo about ending Contra's reign of terror. I'm sure winning this match with nothing on the line will do that, which has been the main issue with this storyline since Kings of Colosseum and why I don't really care.

Here's Warner who says fuck a lot and will bring down Havoc after what he did.

Lawlor is interviewed via Skype or something. He says that a few broken ribs aren't gonna stop him, don't know if he can trust Ki, but they have a common enemy and will get back to business after War Chamber.

Alexander Hammerstone vs. Go Shiozaki – ***
Man, I don't know what this N1 tournament actually is, but it sure isn't drawing a lot for NOAH. Granted, half the crowd was behind the hard cam, but this looked like Ring of Honor it could have been any random indy out there.

Anyway, they had a weird slow strong style match. Hammerstone won after a second nightmare pendulum.

This episode gave me flashbacks of some NXT episodes where creative died and/or they were pushing clowns like Corbin and Balor down our throats. I'm just glad we're finally done with this nightmare and can move on to ANYTHING ELSE, although we still have the War Chamber match next week.