Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 78

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 78

Post by Thelone » Oct 8th, '19, 18:12

Magnus and Septimo Dragon vs. Los Parks (LA Park and El Hijo de LA Park) (w/ Salina de la Renta) – **
Match went way too long (almost fifteen minutes), was pretty damn bad at times, but that finish took the cake. Basically, the referee was trying to stop Magnus from beating up Park, but Magnus fell on him and Park went for a splash, but Magnus left and the referee took the splash. SDR came in, hit Magnus in the balls and Park did a roll-up for the win, because the referee was already conscious less than thirty seconds after being splashed on by LA PARK.

Post-match, the Contra logo appears a bunch of times on the screen, and here comes Samael and Fatu who are more busy bitching about SDR than Park.

Aries was fined 10.000$ for his attack on Hart a couple weeks ago. You know, I remember the stupidity of ROH bragging about fining people petty change for stupid crap like "X said FUCK or PUSSY or something", but this is the other side of the spectrum. Anyway, Hart got out of the hospital despite the doctors' notice and will be here tonight.

The Von Erichs say they will win the tag titles next week in Mexico, but then Dynasty complain about something in their contract and announce that they won't be there.

Thatcher vs. Lawlor is official, also Hammerstone vs. DBS Jr. for the National title.

Ariel Dominguez vs. Dominic Garrini – Squash

Like last week, here comes Lennox for an in-ring interview with Garrini. He keeps it short, saying that he's here to show what a gold medallist can do and wants to submit Thatcher and Lawlor.

We see Thatcher's challenge from last week (and Lawlor missing a press conference or something), but here he is in Vegas. He can't believe Thatcher opened his mouth, but he'll punch some more teeth out to teach him a lesson.

Warner was all banged up from last week attack, and then we have the announcement of Jimmy Havoc's Slaughterhouse, which will be the Halloween special (you know, on the 19th) he'll be the promoter of. That sounds... like a show I have no interest in.

Vignette for Gino Medina, who's another luchador apparently.

More screentime for Injustice. They bitched some more about MLW keeping them down and other stuff I couldn't care less about.

Austin Aries vs. Brian Pillman Jr. - ***
A fairly basic match, but quite enjoyable. Aries won the match.

Post-match, Aries demands an answer from Teddy who comes out and brawl with Aries to end the show.

Hey, a nice uptick after weeks of uninspired... everything really.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 78

Post by cero2k » Oct 9th, '19, 20:19

the two new matches announced really hyped me for the ppv, i went from 'ok, nice' to 'fuck yes'

Thelone

Re: Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 78

Post by Thelone » Oct 13th, '19, 15:38

Eh, I don't have that much of an opinion about Thatcher (same with Lawlor really, but that was a fairly entertaining reaction at least). I remember seeing his first round match live at Carat 2015 and thought it was a good match, but was bored to death at the same time. To be fair, it was at the height of grapplefuck and the match against DBS Jr a while ago was more up my alley, but we'll see how it ends up.

DBS Jr vs. Hammerstone should be a decent power match, but this National title is so worthless that I hope they'll scrap it soon enough, especially with the women's division coming up.