PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews NWA POWERRR 10.29: Dealer Calls Again

Post by cero2k » Oct 30th, '19, 10:03

NWA POWERRR
October 29th, 2019
Atlanta, GA

Show opened with a recap of Tim Storm's ongoing storyline and retirement hints.

James Storm Interview - Cornette and Galli are introducing the show when Storm came out. He said that he is tired of having to come out and prove himself to the NWA (which I didn't even know he thought he had to). He said that Aldis is dodging him and talks shit about Cabana, so Cabana just came out and got in his face. Loved the casualty of this.

Cabana said he ain't got nothing to prove because that National Championship belongs to him. He's 100% and wants the title. Eli Drake came out to add fuel to the fire in the most babyface way. He brought up Aldis's name, so he came out. Drake told Aldis to give Storm the shot he wants.

Aldis came out and blamed that Storm was drunk and thus asking for shots. He said that Drake is just an Aldis fanboy, and he didn't even mention Cabana. Aldis proposed a 3-on-3 action between Team Aldis and Team Storm. He immediately added Cabana to his team and said that if Team Aldis wins, Cabana gets a shot at the National Title. If Team Storm wins, Storm gets a shot at Aldis, BUUUTTTT if Storm wants the title shot, he must release the National Title. Aldis wants to fight a man with everything to lose. THIS WAS FANTASTIC!!

I've said before that Tim Storm is the only man in the world and we're all just posers, but Nick Aldis is THE FUCKING CHAMP! There's something so special about Aldis' stipulation being for the sake of Cabana, who in terms of the story, should have no importance for Aldis.

Kamille Recap - Video recapping Joe Galli's annoying conspiracy that Aldis doesn't allow Kamille to talk. Music here made it seem like a ton o drama. In another Galli trick to stick his nose where it doesn't belong, he got Kamille's Twitter account on the screen and asked the fans to ask her the questions! When will this stop Galli!? Drop it man!

Trevor Murdoch Interview - Murdoch said that it's been years and that he has worked hard to be there and he wants an NWA contract. He asked the NWA for a match versus Jocephus instead of Jocephus getting suspended for throwing powder at Cabana. Murdoch said he is willing to do anything for a contract.

Out came Jocephus. He said his Spiritual Adviser has allowed him to unleash all type of violence, and so Murdoch challenged him to get in the ring.

Jocephus vs Trevor Murdoch - Dud, but a great segment.
Jocephus jumped Trevor when they made their way to the ring, and thus started with some heat, but didn't last long. Within a minute, Jocephus took the powder, but Murdoch kicked it into Jocephus' face, hit the second rope Bulldog, and pinned Jocephus. Not much of a match.

Thunder Rosa Vignette - Same as last week. Good.

Aron Stevens Interview - Stevens was talking about his movies when Ricky Starks came out. Stevens called Starks ridiculous, so Starks slapped him.

Outlawz vs Wild Cards vs Dawsons Recap - Good

Austin Idol Commercial - He's selling Kayfabe Cocktails. It was good, but more wacky that usual. I think this was suggesting there are roofies in the drink.

Rock N Roll Express Vignette - Nice historic package about their comeback at the NWA Tag Title tournament.

No DQ Match
The Dawsons vs Homicide & Eddie Kingston - 5/10
The Wild Cards are on the interview podium watching the match. I wasn't a big fan of the idea of a No DQs match on a normal NWA show, especially with some of the spots they did. I think this is something that should be kept in the pocket. I just hope they don't get too comfortable doing. I rather see a backstage brawl out of nowhere, than an actual weapons match.

The brawl started during the entrances, they brawled around and inside the ring. They brought in chairs and used them. At one point, The Wild Cards interfered, Latimer attacked the Hair Dawson, Issacs attacked Kingston, giving The Dawsons the win. Seemed more like the Wild Card wanted to take out both teams the same. Wasn't a big fan of this.

Who is the Mark? Vignette - Same as last week, but the voice over gave us more hints.

Marti Belle Interview - This was done backstage, she said that she is here to prove that she deserves another shot at the title.

Marti Belle vs Ashley Vox - 6.5/10
Before the match Allysin Kay came out and said on the podium that neither woman was ready for a title shot, they both needed to prove themselves, which I mean, it's the whole reason this match was taking place to begin with, right?

This was a great match, well, I guess it's also the first proper match we've had tonight. Marti Belle was mostly dominant with Vox having some hopes spots, but when it seemed Belle had the win, Vox rolled her up for the upset win. I can see this driving Marti to a heeler side and Vox becoming a good underdog babyface, but I'm really really going to need some video packages and interviews by Vox, because I see no character in here yet.

After the match, Thunder Rosa speed walked into the ring and with some background music, offered Marti Bell a hand, but Belle ran out. Rosa looks amazing.

Tony Falk Commercial - I love his Waffles and Tire Irons commercial. If you buy 3 Gluten Free Waffles, you get 4 Tire Irons for free this week.

Aron Stevens vs Ricky Starks - 6.5/10
No messing around, a quick angle earlier and now we have Steven's debut match. Starks was sweeping the floor with Stevens until he got low blowed with the ropes and Stevens took control. Starks made a comeback and won with a O'Connor Roll when Stevens was scared of getting slapped in the face. Good match.

If anything else, Stevens works with the crowd perfectly.

If Team Storm wins, James Storm earns World Title Shot if he relinquishes the National Title, If Team Aldis wins, Colt Cabana gets a shot at the National Title.
Team Storm (James Storm & The Wild Cards) vs Team Aldis (Nick Aldis, Colt Cabana, & Ken Anderson) - 6.5/10
Babyface team had control until Cabana got transfixed with calling out Storm into the ring, distracting himself from The Wild Card, who attacked him, cut him off, and started working over him. Hot tag eventually came, match got chaotic, and at the end, Storm accidentally superkicked Issacs, leaving Latimer for Cabana and Aldis to take out. Cabana pinned Latimer with the Superman Pin. Ok match, kinda short, but they got their story in.

So Cabana won his shot against Storm, but also pinned one half of the tag champs, which is something that he and Anderson was also chasing, so we'll see where this goes. I guess he can make both challenges, but Into The Fire should be the Cabana vs Storm match.

OVERALL, THOUGHTS
Good show, but nothing lived up to the opening segment. Maybe it's me, but it's about time we start getting matches for Into the Fire announced so I don't feel we're building a ton of different feuds here and there, without them telling us which ones to get excited for.

XIV

Re: Cero Reviews NWA POWERRR 10.29: Dealer Calls Again

Post by XIV » Nov 5th, '19, 02:34

My only issue is that we need to be building towards Into the Fire starting with the World Heavyweight Championship match... and we haven't. The only viable contender I see right now is Eli Drake and he just did Aldis a huge favour in this show... I hope there's some follow up to this which somehow leads to a match, because Drake just dropped Aldi's name and walked off... I'm hoping Drake comes out now and says to Aldis "we've got rid of Storm, now let's you and me go for it" and play it off that he knew Aldis would beat Storm and clear the path for him to go after the title.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 5th, '19, 06:07

What's with the 3 Rs in the name? Is Jeremy Clarkson doing commentary? Because I would totally watch that.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 5th, '19, 07:53

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 5th, '19, 06:07 What's with the 3 Rs in the name? Is Jeremy Clarkson doing commentary? Because I would totally watch that.
I'm guessing it's trademark reasons, there's really no reason for it. I looks good with the retro logo