Thelone reviews OVW TV Episode 1134

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone reviews OVW TV Episode 1134

Post by Thelone » May 9th, '21, 18:44

So we start with Snow and his partner Matt Jones to introduce... yet another title : the Kentucky Heavyweight Championship. He announces a 32-man tournament (damn, really?) and how you can supposedly win $2.500 by fantasy booking basically. That came out of nowhere, and does OVW really need a FIFTH men singles title? I guess one of them is kinda dead to be honest (the Anarchy title), but that still seems like overkill. Another minor nitpick (shocking I know), but maybe wear a sweater that isn't filled with visible stains when you're a big wig (I suppose) making a big announcement. Hell, they're visible in the thumbnail of the video!!!

New intro, it's... kinda eh. New graphics as well, which I don't mind actually.

Cash Flo (w/ Josh Ashcraft) vs. Omar Amir (c) - ***
They had a pretty decent brawl (although a bit basic), then SUDDEN LOUDNESS happened (they changed the main sound channel from the announcers to... something very loud at ringside because... reasons) while Ashcraft was throwing a chain at Flo, he didn't catch it and Amir took it to knock him out, but Ashcraft put Flo's leg on the rope. The referee saw the chain around Amir's hand and went to the ring announcer to maybe disqualify him, but while they were talking, Ashcraft threw yet another chain at Flo (the third already) who caught it this time and knocked Amir for the pin and the title. Like the match at the special, the overbooking was a bit much.

OVW is doing house shows again, good for them.

Zoey Skye vs. Haley J (w/ Luscious Lawrence) - *1/2
Non-title again. I vaguely remember Skye when she was still Angel Dust a few years ago. She was a champion in Shimmer apparently, so that's something. Luscious caused a distraction at one point, like the true heel he isn't. Skye looked slightly better here to be honest (and pretty damn shredded), but that still wasn't particularly good. Haley won with her submission finisher.

"The Good Word" with Reverend Ronnie Roberts - Okay
I guess this is a weekly thing more or less? His guest this time is Arie Alexander. She won a dark match earlier to become the #1 contender for the women's title. She very briefly talks about that, then we're back with this Shannon the Dude shit, because this isn't over I suppose? She kinda brags about "beating" him at the special, but here he comes from the announcing desk to set things straight. He called Arie a klepto because she stole Shannon's belt (he's the Radio champion, but obviously that's not an actual title), belt that she gave back at some point I might add. Anyway, Shannon ponders the idea of entering the tournament and become Shannon Two Belts like Godderz already is. Here comes the Jones guy from earlier to tell Shannon that since there was a spot left, he's in and his opponent will be Big Rex, who's the biggest guy in OVW. I was expecting the worst with the whole Shannon-Arie stuff, but that was just a setup to put Shannon in the tournament, so that's fine.

Oh, Bizo has a manager now? He threatened... the opponent's manager to beat him up if he ever try funny business. OK then...

The announcers bicker a bit and they're three now with Kennison, Shannon, and Jones who joined for the main event.

AJZ vs. Jessie Godderz (c) - **1/2
It was fine and Godderz won pretty much clean.

Post-match, Godderz cuts a rather long promo berating AJZ as a nobody the fans didn't care about and who couldn't even hang with him tonight, then he started ranting about fans and how he didn't give a shit about their opinions because they're not paying for his fancy stuff, then he bitched some more about AJZ and how pathetic he is, only to be cut by... his own music. Besides the rather abrupt ending, that was another strong promo by Godderz.

Oh, we're gonna have celebrity managers for this tournament it seems like. I didn't catch that earlier.

Pretty good week overall with a new heavyweight champion and finally, a challenger for the women's belt. The tournament will probably be all over the show the next few weeks, but I like tournaments so sure, bring it on!