Thelone reviews OVW TV Episode 1135

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone reviews OVW TV Episode 1135

Post by Thelone » May 16th, '21, 18:51

We start with Tony Gunn and... whoever his celebrity manager is. I'm going to skip those because they're local/regional stars and poor ol' belgian me will not know a single one of them. It's kind of a weird gimmick to have for such a big tournament anyway, but it's obviously something to make people tune in on their new TV outlets.

I still don't dig the new intro and hey, Matt Jones is actually wearing a garish blue blazer this week.

Tony Bizo (w/ Ricky Jones) vs. Chris Michaels (w/ Terry Meiners) - **
Huh, I guess those managers will actually do wrestling manager stuff and not just stand there and cheer. Here, we had the announcers mentioning how Bizo was incredibly arrogant because of Jones, then he distracted the referee while Bizo was caught in a crossface and tapping out, which made Michaels stop and Bizo then hit his finisher on him for the win.

Tony Evans vs. Luscious Lawrence (w/ Haley J) - **
So this is not a tournament match, and a fairly quick win for Lawrence.

"The Good Word" with Reverend Ronnie Roberts - Good
Roberts is also in the tournament it seems like. Anyway, his guests tonight are Cash Flo and Josh Ashcraft. Flo says that the reign of brutality begins and they're on top. He says to Amir that he's not him (Flo I mean) and more importantly, he's not the champion anymore. He says that he beat Amir fair and square in the middle of the ring, but Amir's music hits and here he comes. He says that Flo wasn't confident in his abilities and had to cheat three times to finally win, and so this win is completely hollow. He demands a rematch for the title, and Ashcraft points out that Amir was stripped of the belt and so there will be no automatic rematch. Flo says that they'll have a bit of fun with this, so Amir can start back from the bottom all the way to the top and only then, he might grant him a title shot. He says it's going to be brutal, and the rest of Legacy of Brutality comes in and gets the better of him. I guess he'll have to beat every member of Flo's faction, but I'm not sure.

Zoey Skye vs. Mickie Knuckles vs. Haley J (w/ Luscious Lawrence) - *1/2
Yet again, non-title. The hell is Knuckles wearing? This was rather poor to be honest, but man that women's division needs a few higher profile veterans to help people like Haley J and Arie Alexander grow as performers. Anyway, Haley won with a handful of tights over Skye.

Tony Gunn (w/ Richie Farmer) vs. Shane Mercer (w/ Vince Marrow) - ***
Tournament match. At one point, Marrow took a chair from Gunn's hands and that was your manager spot for this match. It was pretty good and Gunn won with his finisher for the win.

That was a solid week, but this tournament is going to be long if it's just a couple of matches on every show.