Thelone reviews OVW TV Episode 1138

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone reviews OVW TV Episode 1138

Post by Thelone » Jun 7th, '21, 18:19

The announcers do a rundown of the show, then we have...

Blanco Loco vs. Kal Herro - **
It was alright, but again a bit too cute at times. Herro won.

Backstage with Amir who's with Star Rider and... someone else I don't recognize. Anyway, both are rilling him up for his gauntlet later against LOB, because I guess we're still doing that.

Ellie vs. Dani Mo - *
I guess it was clean of botches at least, but this was rather slow and dull. Mo won and she might be the next challenger to Haley J according to the announcers.

Backstage with some girl interviewer and a guy, but something is happening and we have people running around calling for help. We find out that Amir has been laid down in the locker room and a chain was left there, just in case you weren't sure who did it already.

"The Good Word" with Reverend Ronnie Roberts - Mostly pointless
We have Bizo and Haley J this week. Both are bragging for a bit, then I think Roberts is implying that Haley has STDs or something? Crowd starts chanting "sloppy seconds" at her, so she gets mad and starts ranting for a few moments. Reverend kinda just moves on and introduces... Bizo's opponent for tonight? That was a mess and a waste of time.

Anyway, a bunch of referees came out to remove Roberts' "set" (that's just two pieces of cloth) and here comes the opponent for...

Tony Bizo (w/ Haley J) vs. Garrisaon Creed - *1/2
That's not a typo by the way, that's actually how it's spelled. They wrestled for a few minutes with Bizo hot-dogging and using Haley as a distraction here and there, then Luscious came out and speared Bizo for the DQ.

Post-match, Haley tries to stop Lawrence and when that doesn't work, she backs down in the corner. Luscious wants to stinkface her, but Bizo saves her and they run away.

Backstage with Ben Bishop and his celebrity manager (right, we're still doing this). He introduces Bishop as 6'12 (AND YOU CAN'T... ok no) and "a quarter of a metric ton", which he absolutely isn't (that's 250kg or 550lbs to clarify).

Dimes (w/ Eric Banks) vs. Ben Bishop (w/ Brandon Walker) - *1/2
Dimes is tiny and Bishop is huge, so that should be an easy one, except Dimes is the heel and Bishop the face here. They had an okay match, then Dimes tried to blind Bishop with protein powder and hit Walker instead, while the referee was checking on him, Banks was on the apron and blinded Bishop to give Dimes the win.

Here's Flo joining the announce table for the main event.

The Legacy of Brutality (Hy-Zaya, Steve Michaels and Big Zo) (w/ Josh Ashcraft) vs. Omar Amir - **
Amir came out with giant bandages all over him. I get that he's trying to sell the beatdown from earlier, but it looks silly. Michaels destroyed Amir, but then got caught in a roll for the three. Same thing happened a few minutes later with Zo eating a schoolboy for another three. Flo is mad, takes a microphone and basically tells his goons to destroy Amir right now, and screw the rules! Hy-Zaya starts kicking Amir, but a bunch of babyfaces come out as well (Dustin Jackson who was also the guy I was blanking on earlier, one of the Tate Twins, Luscious, Herro and Star Rider) to save Amir from this savage beatdown. The ring is cleared pretty quickly and Amir is alone, but Zaya kicks him again (so much for that weird babyface stuff last week) and the match is still going on apparently. Anyway, Zaya eats Amir's finisher and wins the gauntlet.

Post-match, Amir says that he did it and chooses the stipulation of their upcoming match at the next special and it's... a regular match where the ropes will be replaced with steel chains. He vowed to hurt him, make him bleed and regret everything Flo did to him.

I'm... not sure how to feel about this episode actually. I guess it was middle of the road with nothing particularly good, but nothing horrendous as well (well, The Good Word was close).