Thelone reviews OVW TV Episode 1143

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone reviews OVW TV Episode 1143

Post by Thelone » Jul 16th, '21, 16:45

Jake Omen vs. Luscious Lawrence - **1/2
Pretty solid match overall and Luscious won. Can we do something with Omen? Like teaming him up with Espinosa or something.

Announcers are hyping up tonight's card.

Backstage with Amir. Love the little "Activate Windows" on the TV screen there, really professional. Anyway, Amir reiterates that he'll be a fighting champion and take on everybody, so here comes Swayze to ask for a match. Amir is perfectly fine with that proposition, but Swayze will send his partner Big Rex tonight and fight Amir himself another week. Well that's kinda what I was afraid of with the whole fighting champion schtick.

"The Good Word" with Reverend Ronnie Roberts - Ugh...
Look, I enjoy what Roberts does, but does he need to be there every week? Anyway, Ryan Howe is his guest tonight and... plays the guitar for ages before finally starting the interview. Kinda like with Amir last week, they had a pretty entertaining back and forth with Roberts looking dejected because of EVIL rock & roll, but this accomplished FUCK ALL. This didn't advertise anything (they actually faced each other at the special in a tournament match) and it was just five minutes of Howe playing the guitar, talking about himself a little bit and Roberts being vaguely amusing with his reactions. It wasn't bad, just pointless yet again and another reason why they shouldn't have this segment every single week.

We see Myers pushing away Haley J last week as one of their "Moment of the week".

Charlie Kruel and Freya the Slaya (...) vs. Arie Alexander and Skyler O'Ryan - *
Freya literally has a dozen matches on her CM page (including this one) while O'Ryan doesn't even have one and I couldn't find a thing about her after a quick research. It was... the usual really. Freya won for her team with a backbreaker on O'Ryan.

Backstage with Dustin Jackson. The interviewer asked him if he's going to miss his celebrity manager tonight since he couldn't be here, and Jackson responded with generic stuff. Hy-Zaya came out to have a staredown and whoever his manager is this time (it isn't the politician from the first round, probably because he stuck out like a sore thumb) talked about research groups like he was Cody or something and... I just don't care about those celebrities at this point.

Tony Evans vs. Tony Gunn - No rating, OK segment
The match was going alright, then Flo kinda came out of nowhere and started beating up Evans on the outside. He brought Evans back in the ring, climbed there as well and acted like he was going to beat up Gunn who just left to let Flo do whatever to Evans, which was shooing the referee awat and do his top rope splash. Flo now is going after the ring announcer and cut a promo that he's PUTTING OVW ON NOTICE and they shouldn't have poked the bear.

Video package on Shera.

Hy-Zaya (w/ Aaron McGahee) vs. Dustin Jackson - **
McGahee here is a firearm instructor apparently. Really stretching this celebrity gimmick to its limits I see. Oh and Roberts is on commentary for this match since he'll face the winner in the quarterfinals. Anyway, Hy-Zaya won and the """celebrity""" instructor did nothing.

In bed with Godderz who just bragged about beating Pope at the special... except he didn't. Godderz has been aimless for weeks if not months and it doesn't look like it will change soon enough.

Rex (w/ Adam Swayze) vs. Omar Amir (c) - Really OVW?
Oh it's a title match because of course it is. Anyway, it was a decent (a bit too basic maybe) power vs. speed, then Amir was on the outside and Swayze kicked him a bunch of times, and the announcers basically told us "WE'RE OUTTA TIME, but you can see the end of the match on SoCiAl MeDiA". Yeah, no thanks guys, should I really believe that Amir is in any danger to lose his title against Big fucking Rex? To the shock of no one, Amir won by the way.

That was a pretty weak episode to say the least. Don't know when the next speciall will be, but they really aren't building up anything besides the (still) ongoing tournament.