PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
cero2k
Site Admin

Terminus Rule book...sheet

Post by cero2k » Jan 11th, '22, 09:42

Big Red Machine

Re: Terminus Rule book...sheet

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '22, 09:50

Match length looks a little short in terms of potential (no reason you can't announce something longer and just usually go shorter).

Five seconds for a count-out seems short, but it's a good way to distinguish yourself in the current environment by forcing things to stay in the ring. I'm not crazy about no throwing the opponent over the top rope. Hopefully they'll clarify that there is no count-out on the opponent if you do this.

I read this and think Terminus is trying to be ROH to New Japan's WWF/WCW/ECW. It's not a bad strategy.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 11th, '22, 11:25

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 11th, '22, 09:50 Match length looks a little short in terms of potential (no reason you can't announce something longer and just usually go shorter).

Five seconds for a count-out seems short, but it's a good way to distinguish yourself in the current environment by forcing things to stay in the ring. I'm not crazy about no throwing the opponent over the top rope. Hopefully they'll clarify that there is no count-out on the opponent if you do this.

I read this and think Terminus is trying to be ROH to New Japan's WWF/WCW/ECW. It's not a bad strategy.
Agree with the times, I would have gone 20/20/30 with the 90 second OT.

5 second countouts feel similar to the urgency of Bloodsport's rule, so I THINK it can work, but then how do you sell Bandido's or anyone else's dives? It's gonna cripple some guys' arsenal. I find it backwards that you could lose a match for falling to the floor for 6 seconds, but you are kinda allowed to low blow your opponent twice.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '22, 11:31

cero2k wrote: Jan 11th, '22, 11:25
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 11th, '22, 09:50 Match length looks a little short in terms of potential (no reason you can't announce something longer and just usually go shorter).

Agree with the times, I would have gone 20/20/30 with the 90 second OT.

5 second countouts feel similar to the urgency of Bloodsport's rule, so I THINK it can work, but then how do you sell Bandido's or anyone else's dives? It's gonna cripple some guys' arsenal. I find it backwards that you could lose a match for falling to the floor for 6 seconds, but you are kinda allowed to low blow your oppo nent twice.
I'd have gone five minutes for an overtime

You're right about the dives. In theory, the way to deal with this is to just not have dives, but if you're going to do that, you shouldn't book people who people are expecting to do dives.
It's possible that there is a long game being played here with Bandido in particular, as he and Gresham have rival ROH World Titles, but it does make booking anyone other than him feel a little odd.

On the low blows, I think the idea is that the first might be accidental, but I think they should definitely have an exception for a blatant low blow. When you phrase it the way you did, it definitely feels a little silly

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 11th, '22, 11:46

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 11th, '22, 11:31
I'd have gone five minutes for an overtime

You're right about the dives. In theory, the way to deal with this is to just not have dives, but if you're going to do that, you shouldn't book people who people are expecting to do dives.
It's possible that there is a long game being played here with Bandido in particular, as he and Gresham have rival ROH World Titles, but it does make booking anyone other than him feel a little odd.

On the low blows, I think the idea is that the first might be accidental, but I think they should definitely have an exception for a blatant low blow. When you phrase it the way you did, it definitely feels a little silly
5 minutes feels too long for me, it's a full match in certain companies, 90 seconds is too short when a submission struggle can take that long too though, maybe 3 minutes could be a good compromise, because you DO want to create the sense or urgency

It'll be interesting to see what they consider an "Intentional Low Blow"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '22, 18:20

cero2k wrote: Jan 11th, '22, 11:46

It'll be interesting to see what they consider an "Intentional Low Blow"
I think it's just going to be something obvious vs. the attempted kick to the inner thigh that misses.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 17th, '22, 21:21

Watching the show now. It seems that if the other wrestlers throws you out of the ring, the ref won't count you out.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation