Re: The WR Project First Look Photos

Post by cero2k » Nov 24th, '11, 12:07

DIOS DORADO
"Never provoke a Luchadore with a Napoleon complex."

I think this is Amazing Red's character

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 24th, '11, 13:30

According to Wikipedia, the Luchador is indeed, Red. Also according to Wikipedia, they have signed Chris Hero
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 26th, '11, 12:09

LORD OF WAR (AKA MVP)

"I am a man without a country."

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 26th, '11, 12:10

Big Red Machine wrote:According to Wikipedia, the Luchador is indeed, Red. Also according to Wikipedia, they have signed Chris Hero
yeah, Prince Devitt and someone else couldn't make the show and Masters and Hero replaced them.

NewAgeSavior

Post by NewAgeSavior » Nov 26th, '11, 19:46

They're re-naming and re-packaging guys! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! X(

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 26th, '11, 20:00

NewAgeSavior wrote:They're re-naming and re-packaging guys! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! X(
why don't you like it?? it's great and amazing for me, it's a whole new universe.

NewAgeSavior

Post by NewAgeSavior » Nov 26th, '11, 20:34

cero2k wrote:
NewAgeSavior wrote:They're re-naming and re-packaging guys! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! X(
why don't you like it?? it's great and amazing for me, it's a whole new universe.
OK, that's one thing if we DON'T already know who some of these guys are....They don't need to rename Chris Hero. We all know who he is, let him continue on with his name. They're not WWE....so they should use known names because it helps them way more than it would WWE.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Nov 26th, '11, 21:09

Anyone else think Master Murder looks quite comical despite what they're aiming for? Even if he were to do something horrific which i can't think of at the present time, i'd still see this guy with a pretty stupid haircut and funny a** look doing something horrific or at least trying to and it just wouldn't work for me.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Nov 26th, '11, 21:16

That's the whole point. If they didn't, it would be just another promotion.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

NewAgeSavior

Post by NewAgeSavior » Nov 26th, '11, 22:49

Listen, my point is-you have guys who are well known. Amazing Red, MVP, Colt Cabana etc. Use that to your advantage. Use those names to promote your product. Maybe for a few lesser known guys-I would make that exception of renaming people. But if I had Chris Hero on the roster of a newly created promotion you best believe I'd be promoting him as "CHRIS HERO".....I'm not dissing this just yet. Like everything else with the past decade of wrestling, I'll wait and see. I hope it's good!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 26th, '11, 23:00

NewAgeSavior wrote:Listen, my point is-you have guys who are well known. Amazing Red, MVP, Colt Cabana etc. Use that to your advantage. Use those names to promote your product. Maybe for a few lesser known guys-I would make that exception of renaming people. But if I had Chris Hero on the roster of a newly created promotion you best believe I'd be promoting him as "CHRIS HERO".....I'm not dissing this just yet. Like everything else with the past decade of wrestling, I'll wait and see. I hope it's good!
From what I understand, this thing is a normal promotion. It is intended to be something slightly different, and thus, it needs entirely new gimmicks.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 26th, '11, 23:11

Big Red Machine wrote:
NewAgeSavior wrote:Listen, my point is-you have guys who are well known. Amazing Red, MVP, Colt Cabana etc. Use that to your advantage. Use those names to promote your product. Maybe for a few lesser known guys-I would make that exception of renaming people. But if I had Chris Hero on the roster of a newly created promotion you best believe I'd be promoting him as "CHRIS HERO".....I'm not dissing this just yet. Like everything else with the past decade of wrestling, I'll wait and see. I hope it's good!
From what I understand, this thing is a normal promotion. It is intended to be something slightly different, and thus, it needs entirely new gimmicks.
I'm under the impression, and the looks of the gimmicks goes along with it, that they had the characters and the storylines all drawn up before they even signed any talent. They got their hands on some well known free agents who were willing to go along with it, and good for them! If I'm a fan of Chris Hero, I'd be MORE inclined to watch these shows to see him in a different role then to watch an upstart indy promotion with Chris Hero on the bill.

NewAgeSavior

Post by NewAgeSavior » Nov 26th, '11, 23:54

I never thought nor did I say it was an upstart indy promotion...Yes, I'll give it a chance. I'm still not going to agree with the re-naming of well known wrestlers who have been around for years. I never have and I never will.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Nov 27th, '11, 08:52

NewAgeSavior wrote:I never thought nor did I say it was an upstart indy promotion...Yes, I'll give it a chance. I'm still not going to agree with the re-naming of well known wrestlers who have been around for years. I never have and I never will.
You're not supposed to to think of it as another promotion, you're supposed to think of it as a movie or a TV series. Do you agree with The Rock not going by "The Rock" in every one of his movies?
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 28th, '11, 15:22

B.B.C.

"Great and good are seldom the same man."

-Winston Churchill

Shogun Rua

Post by Shogun Rua » Nov 28th, '11, 18:20

NICE. LORD OF WAR!

NewAgeSavior

Post by NewAgeSavior » Nov 28th, '11, 23:00

yourcrapsweak wrote:
NewAgeSavior wrote:I never thought nor did I say it was an upstart indy promotion...Yes, I'll give it a chance. I'm still not going to agree with the re-naming of well known wrestlers who have been around for years. I never have and I never will.
You're not supposed to to think of it as another promotion, you're supposed to think of it as a movie or a TV series. Do you agree with The Rock not going by "The Rock" in every one of his movies?
How would I know to look at it as a new TV series or movie?...I'm old. I hate most new movies or TV series! So I guess that's not good for me than looking forward to this, as a wrestling fan, huh?
And don't give me The Rock as an example of name change. FYI I thought it was stupid for him to be making movies all those years as "The Rock" while he wasn't wrestling.