BRM Reviews Tag Wars 2006

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews Tag Wars 2006

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 30th, '11, 23:30

Tag Wars 2006 (1/27/2006)- Dayton, OH

DRAGON & LETHAL BACKSTAGE PROMO- Good

EMBASSY BACKSTAGE SEGMENT- Okay

TRIOS TOURNAMENT SEMI-FINALS: Jack Evans, Matt Sydal & Jimmy Yang vs. Adam Pearce, Jimmy Jacobs, & BJ Whitmer (w/Lacey)- 6.75/10

TRIOS TOURNAMENT SEMI-FINALS: Jay Fury, Tony Mamaluke, & Sal Rinauro vs. The Embassy (Alex Shelley, Jimmy Rave, & Abyss) (w/Prince Nana & Daizee Haze)- 6.5/10

Dave Prazak: Daizee Haze has been treated like a queen. Much different from the way Jade Chung was treated. I don’t know exactly, but part of treating her like a queen may have involved giving her a sandwich for once. It looks like she’s starting to eat a little. ROTFLOL!
CHAD COLLYER vs. CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI- 6/10
After the match, Ace Steel jumps Chad Collyer, then cuts a great promo, making a smooth transition to…

ACE STEEL vs. STERLING JAMES KEENAN- 4.5/10 Going okay until it became a no-contest after the following happened:
Hero and Necro tried to disrupt this match by calling it boring. Ace Steel grabbed a mic and said that they should have stayed in CZW. The crowd called Hero a pussy, so he and Necro jumped the guardrail. The ROH lockerroom mobbed them and forced them out. This segment might, however be historic because, to my knowledge, it is the first time that the Necro Butcher has even been sited with shoes on his feet (He took them off before he tried to get in the ring, which is hilarious in and of itself).
This segment was perfectly done, and right after it we learn that, during the fighting, someone knocked out one of Jim Cornette’s teeth (Jimmy didn’t see who). This would prove to be very important later in the year. This was also historic as Cornette started yelling at “Gabe,” saying “YOU TOLD ME WE WEREN’T GOING TO BOOK THEM!” and Gabe shouted back “THEY'RE NOT BOOKED!” Now, the face of the person who Cornette was actually shouting was never fully visible, but the 75% of it that I did see didn’t actually look like Gabe Sapolsky. If it was, this would be the only time that Gabe has ever been both shown on-camera and named (he was referred to in Hero's promo at Hell Freezes Over and in Zandig's promo at Arena Warfare and was seen on camera back at Night of Champions during the mini-riot). It would also be the first time that anyone associated with ROH ever mentioned Gabe as well as the only time that anyone associated with ROH has ever mentioned Gabe in the course of a work (i.e. not during a goodbye speech).

BACKSTAGE SEGMENT WITH GENERATION NEXT- PERFECT!

NIGEL MCGUINNESS vs. DELIRIOUS- 5/10.

LOW KI vs. CHRISTOPHER DANIELS (w/Allison Danger)- 7.5/10
After the match there was a GREAT segment between Daniels and Low Ki kicking off the “Daniels is looking for someone worthy to be the first person to shake hands with him” angle.

TRIOS TOURNAMENT FINALS: Jack Evans, Matt Sydal & Jimmy Yang vs. The Embassy (w/Prince Nana & Daizee Haze)- 8/10. The self destruction of the Embassy was done very well.

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Roderick Strong & Austin Aries(c) vs. Bryan Danielson & Jay Lethal- 8.25/10

JACOBS, WHITMER, & LACEY BACKSTAGE SEGMENT- GREAT!

PRAZAK INTERVIEWS MATT SYDAL- Good for the story, and really makes you want to buy the next show.

Overall, this DVD was very good, but it is definitely not a top tier show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3