BRM Reviews the 10/9/2020 ROH

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/9/2020 ROH

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 19th, '20, 01:51

TRACY WILLIAMS PROMO AFTER LAST WEEK’S WIN- great!

P.J. BLACK PROMO AFTER LAST WEEK’S WIN- fine

ROH PURE TITLE TOURNAMENT QUARTERFINAL MATCH: David Finlay Jr. vs. Jay Lethal- 6.75/10
Finlay worked the leg but Lethal got the win.

VINCENT PROMO- good
More importantly, though, Matt Taven revealed himself as the person behind the weird video from last week and attacked Vincent. He hit him with all of his big moves, including the Climax onto the exposed wood and a frog splash through a table. In my fantasy world, this is Vincent being written out, but I doubt that’s the case. Even knowing that he is the wronged party here, Taven still comes off more like a heel than a babyface. Saying things like “you made me do this” didn’t help, but it was his overall crazed demeanor that really made him hard to like.

ROH PURE TITLE TOURNAMENT QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Matt Sydal vs. Jonathan Gresham- 6.5/10
They tied each other up in cool, complicated submissions. I love that Gresham hasn’t one either of his matches with his usual finisher. It makes him feel a lot more dangerous, and makes it so that any move can feel like a finish.

They showed a video for… someone. I didn’t recognize the person. Maybe it was Juan Francisco de Coronado after a shave and a haircut?

Another fun episode of ROH. That being said, now that we’re in the quarterfinals, I would like to see a little more out of the matches.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3