BRM Reviews the 3/19/2021 ROH

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/19/2021 ROH

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 26th, '21, 14:53

ELI ISOM VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO- This was a great explanation of who Eli Isom is and why we should care about him and his journey, but it went a little longer than it needed to.

REY HORUS VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO- very good
They’re pushing him towards a rematch with Dragon Lee.

REY HORUS vs. ELI ISOM- 6.5/10
Isom gets the upset victory here.

“IT’S TIME TO RESOTRE VIOLENCE” VIDEO- I’m not sure who this could be, but I’m intrigued.

MATT TAVEN PROMO- a short plug for this unsanctioned match against Vincent at the 19th Anniversary Show. He didn’t say much, and you couldn’t hear some of what he did say because the audio was terrible.

EC3 VS. JAY BRISCOE VIDEO PACKAGE- awesome!
This was just two guys cutting promos on each other without any of EC3’s bullsh*t platitudes. EC3 as good, but Jay Briscoe was tremendous.

LA FACCION INGOBERNABLE vs. THE FOUNDATION- 6.75/10
Amy Rose was on commentary for this match. As usual, she contributed nothing. We got short, pre-taped promos from bot h teams during their entrances. They were fine. I will admit that hearing “power is championships” caused my TNA PTSD to flare up again, but at least they have kind of explained why (with Gresham and Lethal being able to insist that their tag title defenses were under their preferred Pure rules rather than standard rules).
I was really enjoying this until it broke down into a New Japan match with the heels taking the babyfaces to the outside and no one getting counted out and using weapons right in front of the referee. After that point we got segments with the heels isolating the various babyfaces, and Sinclair just stopped caring about things like tags. This is all stuff that you just can’t do if you’re going to be the “we enforce the rules because this is a sport” company.
The babyfaces made a comeback, but Tracy Williams got pinned by Bestia del Ring. Why would they not pin Rhett, who is the only guy not involved in a singles title match at the PPV?

This was a decent episode of ROH. There was some very good stuff on here, but the main event was quite the disappointment, and I was surprised at how few PPV matches got promo time here on this go-home show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3