2011, Year of the Bravado Brothers?

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
yourcrapsweak

2011, Year of the Bravado Brothers?

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 25th, '11, 16:26

[youtube][/youtube]
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

badnewzxl

Re: 2011, Year of the Bravado Brothers?

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 25th, '11, 20:40

These two remind me of the Hanson Bros, lol.

I like the Bravados; hope they get used often this year.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 25th, '11, 21:47

Not even close. They are okay in the ring but stink on the mic. I just don't seen how people are getting behind them so much, especially in a company with two MUCH better "up and coming" tag teams in ANX and Cole & O'Reilly.

They both look and sound like giant doofuses, and the music just killed any seriousness the promo had.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 25th, '11, 21:53

Big Red Machine wrote:They both look and sound like giant doofuses, and the music just killed any seriousness the promo had.
Dude if you think this is supposed to be taken seriously, just... I don't even know. This is the best gimmick ever!
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 25th, '11, 22:18

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:They both look and sound like giant doofuses, and the music just killed any seriousness the promo had.
Dude if you think this is supposed to be taken seriously, just... I don't even know. This is the best gimmick ever!
Even as a comedy gimmick, it is okay at best. Best gimmick ever? Rewatch your Chuck Taylor vs. the Colony matches (or at least the grenade spots). THAT is the best gimmick ever.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 25th, '11, 23:17

i'm still not behind them, but then again, i've only seen them once or twice. but i still think 2011 will be the year of the ANX, considering they're high right now even without AA

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 26th, '11, 00:48

Big Red Machine wrote:
They both look and sound like giant doofuses, and the music just killed any seriousness the promo had.
this is what I like about them. I don't think they should win many matches ( I was esp surprised when they beay Cole & O'Reilly after losing to Ridge & Redwood) but I think they're fun characters. One of them said something about their Grandmother buying their plane tickets on one of the news wires and I chuckled to myself a little. They just seem like the type of guys who live in a very small world that basically only includes their family, which I think is hilarious in a very dorky way AND it opens up a LOT of possibilities as far as feuds and storylines go. Imagine them in a feud with Homicide (and a returning Low Ki :D ); someone from a TOTALLY different world. Or a showdown with some more world travelled guys like Daniels and Omega (whom I think would make a great short-lived tandem). I think these guys could become as good this year as Rhett did the first year he used his Addicted to Love gimmick....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 26th, '11, 01:05

badnewzxl wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
this is what I like about them. I don't think they should win many matches ( I was esp surprised when they beay Cole & O'Reilly after losing to Ridge & Redwood) but I think they're fun characters. One of them said something about their Grandmother buying their plane tickets on one of the news wires and I chuckled to myself a little. They just seem like the type of guys who live in a very small world that basically only includes their family, which I think is hilarious in a very dorky way AND it opens up a LOT of possibilities as far as feuds and storylines go. Imagine them in a feud with Homicide (and a returning Low Ki :D ); someone from a TOTALLY different world. Or a showdown with some more world travelled guys like Daniels and Omega (whom I think would make a great short-lived tandem). I think these guys could become as good this year as Rhett did the first year he used his Addicted to Love gimmick....
I see what you're saying.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation