Two matches announced for 'Ric Flair's Last Match' event

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Two matches announced for 'Ric Flair's Last Match' event

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 23rd, '22, 17:19

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/other-wr ... atch-event

Jim Crockett Promotions and Starrcast held a press conference on Thursday.

Ian Carey
3 hours ago

Jim Crockett Promotions and Starrcast have announced two matches for the undercard of Ric Flair's Last Match.

Impact World Champion Josh Alexander will defend his title against Jacob Fatu on the show. A match pitting The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) and The Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) was announced by Conrad Thompson as well.

Starrcast would later reveal that NJPW will take part in the event as well, although it is not clear in what capacity the promotion will be involved.

A press conference for the event was held in Nashville on Thursday with Flair, David Crockett, Jeff Jarrett and Nashville Deputy Mayor Brenda Haywood in attendance. Further details regarding Flair's match on the show were not revealed, however.

Flair was asked if he was able to drop any hints as to who might be in the ring with him that night.

"I can't because I'm not booking it. I'm truly not. My heart is invested in this and I'm just thankful for the opportunity," Flair responded.

He was also asked what he would look for in a potential opponent.

"Someone that can wrestle, that can work. Doesn't have to be a big name, doesn't have to be anybody, just somebody who can work."

"There's a lot of talent out there that should be wrestling and they are not, who knows why?"

It was also revealed that in honor of his son Reid, Flair's retirement robe will be raffled with proceeds benefiting The First Step Foundation, an organization dedicated to helping people recover from addiction.

Nashville Deputy Mayor Brenda Haywood announced that July 31 will officially be "Ric Flair Day" in the city.

Ric Flair's Last Match will take place Sunday, July 31 from the Nashville Municipal Auditorium as part of Starrcast V. It will air live on FITE TV.

Ric Flair's last match
Impact World Champion Josh Alexander defends against Jacob Fatu
The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) vs. The Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edward)
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Two matches announced for 'Ric Flair's Last Match' event

Post by cero2k » Jun 24th, '22, 02:07

those two matches actually sound really good