Konnan named head writer for new Arolucha promotion

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Konnan named head writer for new Arolucha promotion

Post by cero2k » Nov 15th, '17, 11:58

Source: f4wonline.com

A new promotion called Arolucha, Inc. announced today that Charles "Konnan" Ashenoff has been named its head writer.

Arolucha is the promotion written about a few times in the Observer that Aroluxe is backing, and is expected to be running a television pilot taping in December in Nashville.

Ashenoff, who is the booker for The Crash promotion based in Tijuana, as well as working for Impact, was a key in gathering the talent roster for Lucha Underground, and was expecting to be used as the head writer there, but that company instead went with Christopher DeJoseph, and Ashenoff was out of the promotion by its second season, shortly after brokering the deal to get Rey Mysterio Jr. into Lucha Underground.

Vince Russo's name has also been mentioned as far as creative with this promotion. The name has come up as an assistant writer but there is no confirmation of a deal in place at this point.

Aroluxe, headed by Jason Brown and former wrestlers Ron and Don Harris, had been doing production for TNA and had an ownership stake in the promotion, and at one point were close to taking over control of the company. They are no longer involved with Impact after controlling interest was purchased by Anthem Entertainment.

Big Red Machine

Re: Konnan named head writer for new Arolucha promotion

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 15th, '17, 12:06

cero2k wrote: Nov 15th, '17, 11:58 Source: f4wonline.com

A new promotion called Arolucha, Inc. announced today that Charles "Konnan" Ashenoff has been named its head writer.

Arolucha is the promotion written about a few times in the Observer that Aroluxe is backing, and is expected to be running a television pilot taping in December in Nashville.

Ashenoff, who is the booker for The Crash promotion based in Tijuana, as well as working for Impact, was a key in gathering the talent roster for Lucha Underground, and was expecting to be used as the head writer there, but that company instead went with Christopher DeJoseph, and Ashenoff was out of the promotion by its second season, shortly after brokering the deal to get Rey Mysterio Jr. into Lucha Underground.

Vince Russo's name has also been mentioned as far as creative with this promotion. The name has come up as an assistant writer but there is no confirmation of a deal in place at this point.

Aroluxe, headed by Jason Brown and former wrestlers Ron and Don Harris, had been doing production for TNA and had an ownership stake in the promotion, and at one point were close to taking over control of the company. They are no longer involved with Impact after controlling interest was purchased by Anthem Entertainment.
Why the f*ck would anyone even think about hiring Vince Russo for anything at this point? I wouldn't trust him not to f*ck up being a trash collector.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 15th, '17, 12:31

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 15th, '17, 12:06

Why the f*ck would anyone even think about hiring Vince Russo for anything at this point? I wouldn't trust him not to f*ck up being a trash collector.
it's Aroluxe, they're in the same vein as Russo when it comes to trash

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 15th, '17, 12:38

cero2k wrote: Nov 15th, '17, 12:31
Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 15th, '17, 12:06

it's Aroluxe, they're in the same vein as Russo when it comes to trash
Good point, and we know that Russo thinks that non-Americans can't draw in the US which gives him something in common with the Harris Brothers... but gosh darn it if those Nazis aren't willing to put their Nazism aside for the sake of business. I'm shocked they would even back a Lucha promotion. Good for them.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 8th, '17, 14:50

I'm an American. If I'm watching wrestling here in America, I don't give a sh!t about a Japanese guy. I don't give a sh!t about a Mexican guy. That's just the truth.
- Vince Russo -

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 9th, '17, 16:07

cero2k wrote: Dec 8th, '17, 14:50
I'm an American. If I'm watching wrestling here in America, I don't give a sh!t about a Japanese guy. I don't give a sh!t about a Mexican guy. That's just the truth.
- Vince Russo -
Well... at least now I know there is no need to even start watching this promotion.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation