WWE Files NWO Trademark for "Wrestling Purposes"

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

WWE Files NWO Trademark for "Wrestling Purposes"

Post by Bob-O » Jun 5th, '18, 07:04

Source: wrestlingnews.co

WWE has filed some new trademarks and there’s a couple that you might find interesting.
The company has recently filed for Woken Warrior, Skull King, and The Ultimate Warrior symbol, and Immortals, among others. Those are for merchandise purposes.

They have also filed trademarks for the NWO. One is for merchandising and the other one is for wrestling purposes. Here is what the filing says the trademark is for:

“Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing and staging events with wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely blogs, in the fields of sports entertainment”

We’ll see if this turns out to be anything significant. The NWO trademarks were filed on 5/30/18.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: WWE Files NWO Trademark for "Wrestling Purposes"

Post by cero2k » Jun 5th, '18, 09:11

first ones sound like normal nicknames or stuff for the Immortals video game which i don't even know if it's still out there.

Second would tell me that it's just the usual trademarks you file in order to keep the property intact. Or maybe Reigns is turning heel and creating the NWO again

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 5th, '18, 18:51

cero2k wrote: Jun 5th, '18, 09:11 Second would tell me that it's just the usual trademarks you file in order to keep the property intact. Or maybe Reigns is turning heel and creating the NWO again
You're right, it's probably nothing, it's just weird, I was talking at work yesterday about The NWO, how it's weird WWE never did a whole lot with it despite owning the rights(especially with how popular Bullet Club is/was) and who might be in it if they tried it in 2018 - then today I saw this article..

For the sake of discussion, we did come up with Roman and Ambrose to start, recruiting Ziggler and McIntyre and maybe adding Undisputed Era down the line. Talked about there being NWO Raw and NWO Smackdown (but we didn't really talk about who'd be NWO Smackdown).

Related/Unrelated, we also talked about what a convenient way that'd be to bring Hogan back... and how hilarious it'd be to watch Saudi Arabia get all pissed because WWE sent the wrong Hogan...

So let me ask everyone, who's in your 2018 NWO? I'm curious...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 5th, '18, 20:56

NWO would easily be Cena as Hogan. Ziggler and Galloway could definitely be Nash and Hall as the 'outsiders' that are pissed of the promotion. Roman would be Luger. Orton could be Macho Man, but i'd also like the idea of Orton leading the Undisputed Era as the new Horsemen faction. Bring back Brad Maddox as Eric Bischoff. Goldust as Vincent.

AJ would be Sting.

Strowman as Goldberg obviously.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 5th, '18, 21:28

Are we going for just nWo as a heel stable, or something that is in some way either in the spirit of the original or at least the spirit of the name?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 5th, '18, 22:41

I'd say The Revival would be better as Hall and Nash.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jun 6th, '18, 08:38

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 5th, '18, 22:41 I'd say The Revival would be better as Hall and Nash.
They're not really "outsiders" or people pissed at the promotion. They just prefer old style wrestling. Galloway and Ziggler are you better choice simply because they both have quite legitimate gripes with being overlooked that they could use in promos and as a reason for their involvement.

Cena would have to be your Hogan... but to really turn heel he would have to be absolutely savage and piss the kids off.

I would start with the three. you would have Strowman in a Goldberg position... and you could almost have Orton in the Sting position... because Sting was willing to be whatever WCW needed him to be in order to overcome NWO... Orton has the personality where you know he'd do heel things and face things in order to do whatever and the fans would still appreciate it. I'd actually cast AJ in the DDP role. Where NWO would continually go after recruiting that babyface character and not liking him spurning their advances.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 6th, '18, 09:18

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 5th, '18, 22:41 I'd say The Revival would be better as Hall and Nash.
those guys SHOULD be the Anderson and Tully from the horseman group

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 6th, '18, 21:44

So The Revival aren't overlooked or underutilized currently? Lmao ok...I definitely see the Horseman idea though as well.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jun 6th, '18, 23:54

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 6th, '18, 21:44 So The Revival aren't overlooked or underutilized currently? Lmao ok...I definitely see the Horseman idea though as well.
Didn’t say that.

Just McIntyre and Ziggler have YEARS of being overlooked to draw from.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 7th, '18, 10:38

XIV wrote: Jun 6th, '18, 23:54
KILLdozer wrote: Jun 6th, '18, 21:44 So The Revival aren't overlooked or underutilized currently? Lmao ok...I definitely see the Horseman idea though as well.
Didn’t say that.

Just McIntyre and Ziggler have YEARS of being overlooked to draw from.
Ziggler's had opportunity after opportunity and can't peak to that final upper level. It's not all management. He's not as charismatic as he is great in ring. McIntyre has always been successful one way or the other...wherever he's been. Maybe he should have been bigger last time, but he will still doing well...until obscurity into 3 men band lol...then he was NXT champion.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 7th, '18, 10:42

This had me thinking though....who would be THE HORSEMAN? No Rollins or Ambrose, enough of them in groups lol. I'd say The Revival, possibly Bryan, and just need a bigger guy...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 7th, '18, 10:43

Actually, just had a second thought to add to my other-Ziggler's probably had more opportunity after opportunity than anyone but Reigns lol.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 7th, '18, 11:22

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 7th, '18, 10:42 This had me thinking though....who would be THE HORSEMAN?
Undisputed Era.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 8th, '18, 07:19

That's too easy. Like if you had to actually create and form from scratch. Besides, none of them are big enough for the enforcer role.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 11th, '18, 09:10

Idk though. Looking back on this...how often does one of these "Wwe files trademark for..."

Ever really turn into anything significant or relevant? Lol.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 11th, '18, 09:17

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 11th, '18, 09:10 Idk though. Looking back on this...how often does one of these "Wwe files trademark for..."

Ever really turn into anything significant or relevant? Lol.
about 80% of them do make it to nicknames or stuff for the network, but that's about it. Like we said, that NWO one is probably just to keep the property of it, they need to renew it constantly