PAC aka Neville No Longer Under WWE Contract

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

PAC aka Neville No Longer Under WWE Contract

Post by cero2k » Aug 25th, '18, 14:23

Source: F4WOnline.com

Neville is out of his WWE contract after nearly a year of dormancy.

Pro Wrestling Sheet first reported last night that Neville is no longer under a WWE contract. WWE has since confirmed the news, with Dave Meltzer noting that Neville is free to wrestle elsewhere now.

Neville stopped appearing on television in October of last year and hasn't been seen in pro wrestling since. Reports indicated early this year that negotiations to bring him back had stalled, with WWE opting to freeze his contract and keep him under his contract indefinitely until he either returned to WWE or negotiated a release from the company.

Neville had been with the WWE since 2012, first starting out in NXT and becoming champion of that brand. He was called up to the main roster in 2015 and was moved to the cruiserweight division towards the end of 2016, winning the Cruiserweight title twice.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: PAC aka Neville No Longer Under WWE Contract

Post by cero2k » Aug 25th, '18, 14:38

Ospreay vs PAC please!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 26th, '18, 00:25

cero2k wrote: Aug 25th, '18, 14:38 Ospreay vs PAC please!
Apparently you're not the only one who had this thought:

Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Aug 26th, '18, 09:47

What ever happened to the 90 No-Compete Clause? I actually don't remember the last time a WWE contract expired... do they still do that?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 26th, '18, 09:52

Bob-O wrote: Aug 26th, '18, 09:47 What ever happened to the 90 No-Compete Clause? I actually don't remember the last time a WWE contract expired... do they still do that?
Contracts always expire nowadays. The things they almost never do is fire/release people (other than Enzo & Cass). WWE contracts tend to be three-year contracts and Neville was first signed in the summer of 2012, so his contract should have been up just about now.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

DHRainmaker

Post by DHRainmaker » Aug 26th, '18, 10:18

Pac vs Ishimori, Pac vs Kushida, Pac vs Dragon Lee, Pac vs Hiromu when he comes back, Pac vs Yoh and Pac vs Sho would all be matches I'd love to see in NJPW and if he goes to ROH I'd love to see him face Lethal, Gresham and Martinez as well.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 26th, '18, 10:25

That was strange though....finally he's done after a year of nothing and supposedly just leaving one night? Lol
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 26th, '18, 13:48

DHRainmaker wrote: Aug 26th, '18, 10:18 Pac vs Ishimori, Pac vs Kushida, Pac vs Dragon Lee, Pac vs Hiromu when he comes back, Pac vs Yoh and Pac vs Sho would all be matches I'd love to see in NJPW and if he goes to ROH I'd love to see him face Lethal, Gresham and Martinez as well.
I selfishly want him to do a run with impact. Aries, Sydal, Fenix, Pentagon, even cage.

XIV

Post by XIV » Aug 26th, '18, 14:03

That Marty Scurll Instagram post where he’s holding a Neville action figure...

I reckon he’ll appear at all in
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 26th, '18, 15:01

cero2k wrote: Aug 26th, '18, 13:48
DHRainmaker wrote: Aug 26th, '18, 10:18 Pac vs Ishimori, Pac vs Kushida, Pac vs Dragon Lee, Pac vs Hiromu when he comes back, Pac vs Yoh and Pac vs Sho would all be matches I'd love to see in NJPW and if he goes to ROH I'd love to see him face Lethal, Gresham and Martinez as well.
I selfishly want him to do a run with impact. Aries, Sydal, Fenix, Pentagon, even cage.
So why not just root for him to go to ROH/NJPW/CMLL/RevPro and you can still see 90% of those matches in PWG or AAW anyway?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 26th, '18, 15:06

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 26th, '18, 15:01
So why not just root for him to go to ROH/NJPW/CMLL/RevPro and you can still see 90% of those matches in PWG or AAW anyway?
Get out of here anti-TNA guy.

DHRainmaker

Post by DHRainmaker » Aug 26th, '18, 15:42

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 26th, '18, 15:06

Get out of here anti-TNA guy.
Well Aries is with Impact yet was able to do a quick run in ROH recently so maybe Pac could sign with NJPW or ROH and do a brief run with Impact. Also Pac vs Johnny Impact would be awesome as well

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 26th, '18, 16:49

Inside joke lol

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Aug 26th, '18, 17:49

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 26th, '18, 09:52
Bob-O wrote: Aug 26th, '18, 09:47 What ever happened to the 90 No-Compete Clause? I actually don't remember the last time a WWE contract expired... do they still do that?
Contracts always expire nowadays. The things they almost never do is fire/release people (other than Enzo & Cass). WWE contracts tend to be three-year contracts and Neville was first signed in the summer of 2012, so his contract should have been up just about now.
You're not wrong, I guess I was thinking Enzo, Cass, Aries, Cody... all of whom were termed early so they could jump right into other things. But besides Lesnar's forever expiring contract extensions, I can't think of a time recently when somebody's time was up in WWE and they went someplace else.

I haven't heard about the 90 Day No Compete in forever, I wondered if it was still a thing. With no competition it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't, just curious.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 26th, '18, 17:55

90 days? No, who cares anymore! It's as you said...who do they see as competition, so asual, why really give a fuck at am!?! Lol.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 27th, '18, 12:57

Cuz i also want to see impact get him, see a proper storyline between Aries/sydal and Pac. The beauty of Impact is that he can come and go, he's not chained up to a contract, I don't want him to win the title, so he can come, do a long feud, fail, take time off from impact and go to other promotions, then come back fresh and do another program. Like i said, it's a selfish thing because Impact is the one show I don't miss.

truth is, i'm just happy he's out and I hope he goes anywhere that I can watch.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 27th, '18, 13:15

cero2k wrote: Aug 27th, '18, 12:57

Cuz i also want to see impact get him, see a proper storyline between Aries/sydal and Pac. The beauty of Impact is that he can come and go, he's not chained up to a contract, I don't want him to win the title, so he can come, do a long feud, fail, take time off from impact and go to other promotions, then come back fresh and do another program. Like i said, it's a selfish thing because Impact is the one show I don't miss.

truth is, i'm just happy he's out and I hope he goes anywhere that I can watch.
Eh. It might be that Aries, Sydal, and Cage are three guys who I don't have too much interest in watching Pac wrestle. Cage is bad and Aries does way too much gimmicky stuff now. Plus, I really don't think Pac vs. Fenix will look too much different than Ospreay vs. Fenix or Ricochet vs. Fenix, Guevara vs. Fenix, etc.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 27th, '18, 13:21

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 27th, '18, 13:15
Eh. It might be that Aries, Sydal, and Cage are three guys who I don't have too much interest in watching Pac wrestle. Cage is bad and Aries does way too much gimmicky stuff now. Plus, I really don't think Pac vs. Fenix will look too much different than Ospreay vs. Fenix or Ricochet vs. Fenix, Guevara vs. Fenix, etc.
Aries vs Neville was good in 205Live back when 205Live sucked, so I can only imagine that Impact could do something great with them, the promos alone would be worth it. PAC vs Cage interests me a lot in terms of how it would look, mainly because PAC is as ripped as a dude his size can be, as of now, I just have that clash of styles and looks that calls me. The rest is just good wrestling exhibitions. And Fenix is awesome, i could watch the same match over and over again. Between Impact and ROH, i have more interest in PAC vs Impact feuds.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 27th, '18, 13:44

cero2k wrote: Aug 27th, '18, 13:21
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 27th, '18, 13:15
Aries vs Neville was good in 205Live back when 205Live sucked, so I can only imagine that Impact could do something great with them, the promos alone would be worth it. PAC vs Cage interests me a lot in terms of how it would look, mainly because PAC is as ripped as a dude his size can be, as of now, I just have that clash of styles and looks that calls me. The rest is just good wrestling exhibitions. And Fenix is awesome, i could watch the same match over and over again. Between Impact and ROH, i have more interest in PAC vs Impact feuds.
I'm not saying ROH has really good match-ups for him other than Martinez (which I think would be a much better version Pac vs. Cage), but the ROH/CMLL/NJPW/RevPro package as a whole offers a lot more, especially if TNA is letting their guys work elsewhere and thus it doesn't prevent us from seeing things like Pac vs. Fenix. If he goes to TNA, there is pretty much zero chance of us seeing him vs. Ospreay or Bodom or Zack or KUSHIDA or Dragon Lee or Hiromu or Lethal or Omega or Scurll, or anyone else like that.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation