AEW Rally News, Jericho and PAC join AEW, Double or Nothing, More

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

AEW Rally News, Jericho and PAC join AEW, Double or Nothing, More

Post by cero2k » Jan 8th, '19, 20:49

Source: f4wonline.com

After months of speculation, All Elite Wrestling is, indeed, real, and the group will hold their first public appearance Tuesday at a "Double or Nothing" rally in Jacksonville, Florida, which you can watch here starting at 5 p.m. Eastern:

The Young Bucks, Cody, Brandi Rhodes, Christopher Daniels, Scorpio Sky, Frankie Kazarian, and Hangman Page will appear along with other "special guests." The event is free to the public and will be held outside TIAA Bank Field, which is where the Jacksonville Jaguars play.

The group is expected to make some announcements about the promotion and more about Double or Nothing, their follow up to last September's All In event.

One name missing from the list of attendees is Kenny Omega. The now-former IWGP Heavyweight Champion said he's leaving New Japan Pro Wrestling and has reportedly received offers from both WWE and AEW, with Omega to AEW being teased on this week's Being the Elite episode. Omega's contract with NJPW is up at the end of January.

-- The sequel to All In officially has its date and location.

At Tuesday's All Elite Wrestling rally in Jacksonville, Florida, it was confirmed that AEW Double or Nothing will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 25, 2019. That's the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.

This will be the first show produced by AEW. All In was held in the Chicago area over Labor Day weekend in 2018.

Starrcast II was also announced via Twitter.

Chris Jericho made an appearance at the AEW rally, announcing that he'll be at Double or Nothing. Jericho said he's "all in with All Elite Wrestling" and that AEW is going to change the whole universe.

Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks noted that AEW's second show will be taking place in Jacksonville. Further details weren't provided, but it was noted that "a large portion of the gate" will go towards benefiting victims of gun violence.

-- PAC made an appearance at today's All Elite Wrestling rally.

Hangman Page on stage and was talking about becoming the first ever AEW World champion when PAC's Dragon Gate music hit. That was when he came out in full gear, sporting Dragon Gate’s Open the Dream Gate championship.

PAC said he was here in AEW and that he was already a champion. The two then had a staredown before PAC made his exit. Hangman said if that was meant to be some sort of challenge, he accepts. It isn't clear at this time if PAC has officially signed with the promotion.

Formerly known as Neville in the WWE, PAC officially left the promotion last August after spending nearly a year at home due to contract disputes. Since then, he was wrestled mainly for Dragon Gate, winning their top title back on December 4.

During the rally, it was announced that the first show under the AEW banner, Double or Nothing, would take place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on May 25.

-- Tuesday's All Elite Wrestling rally concluded with an appearance by Chris Jericho.

Jericho announced that he's "all in with All Elite Wrestling." He said he wasn't there for the money -- he's there because he believes in doing something different and new. He hyped up the promotion, saying that they're going to change the whole universe.

AEW's Twitter later posted video of Jericho signing with the promotion.

Jericho also announced that he'll be at AEW Double or Nothing at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 25, 2019. The show is the sequel to All In.

At the first All In, Jericho made a surprise appearance and attacked Kenny Omega, promoting Jericho & The Young Bucks' six-man tag match against Omega, Cody Rhodes & Marty Scurll at last year's Jericho Rock 'N' Wrestling Rager at Sea cruise.

Jericho lost the IWGP Intercontinental title to Tetsuya Naito at New Japan Pro Wrestling's Wrestle Kingdom 13 on January 4. In his post-match comments, Jericho said he was interested in going after Hiroshi Tanahashi's IWGP Heavyweight Championship.

Serujuunin

Re: AEW Rally News, Jericho and PAC join AEW, Double or Nothing, More

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 8th, '19, 21:46

Not even being familiar with the indies, these are a lot of pretty high profile names. I really want this to be available somewhere where I can watch it easily, I'm interested to see where this goes!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 8th, '19, 22:27

This was cool! But, I'm on the internet, so I have to complain...

-Why in the world would they put the pyro in front of the stage? Every single person there should know better than that.
-I get this was more of a "live" thing being broadcast than a "production" with a live crowd, but man... I wish they'd have mic'd the crowd. The whole thing from my seat seemed dead. PAC showed up naked and nobody seemed to notice.
-People need to STOP putting the fans in charge of things. It's become such a cliche, hot off WWE doing it, just stop - or at least address HOW you plan to do that. I'm sick of hearing it, just put on a good show, I don't want to be in charge of anything.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 8th, '19, 22:31

agree on your second point, they should have booked a nice venue with a good stage and sound and make it a press conference.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 8th, '19, 22:48

haha The Khans wouldn't let them in the stadium...

"So where we gonna set up? 50 Yard Line? Right outside the tunnel?"

"Oh? No... the field isn't a good idea..."

"Ok, so, the room where you do press conferences? Or, maybe in the lobby right inside the gate?"

"...or... how 'bout the parking lot? We were thinking the parking lot. We left the pyro stuff and one microphone in a crate outside the loading docks for you."

"You guys aren't going to be there?"

"No."

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 9th, '19, 10:11

so, with PAC coming in, apparently CIMA, T-Hawk, and more Dragon Gate guys are coming in, i'm guessing working with Dragon Gate could had been an issue when talking with NJPW