Dustin Rhodes posts statement on departure from WWE

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Dustin Rhodes posts statement on departure from WWE

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 22nd, '19, 01:36

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Apr 21, 2019 11:26 pm

The day after he was announced as his brother Cody's opponent for AEW Double or Nothing, Dustin Rhodes posted a statement about his departure from WWE.

Rhodes wrote that he requested and was granted his release from WWE. He thanked the company, the fans, and his co-workers and asked that fans continue to support him wherever this journey leads him next:

Hello @wweuniverse! To begin, I want to say just how much I appreciate you allowing me to entertain you over these long and winding years. Being the son of the legendary Dream has been and will always be an immense honor and blessing to me, and I have always done my best to fill his shoes while transitioning into my own. I have had so many ups and downs in our great business and I've learned from every time that I have fallen down and every mistake I have made.

My life has been an open book for you fans and friends all over this wide world. You've been there to see my trials and tribulations and have stuck with me through it all. You've hated me, you've loved me, you've laughed with me and you've cried with me. You've immensely enjoyed my antics and entertainment, and I would like to think that I've done a good job. That I've done my father proud. I was born straight into the thick of this business. It is and has always been my life and I have loved every moment of the ride. I want to thank you all for the unwavering support you have given me. Thank you.

With that being said, I've been putting my body through quite a bit these last 30 years, and many opportunities that have been presented to me have taken a backseat to my love of wrestling. I have requested my release from WWE and it has been granted. I am taking this time to explore some of those many opportunities. Life is too short to not take ALL the chances you feel driven to take, and I will give this next chapter my full focus and effort. I would appreciate your continued support as I turn this page in my life and go wherever this journey may lead me next.

@WWE has given me and my family such incredible years and experiences and I have nothing but respect and warmth for everyone there. The roster is stacked with awe-inspiring talent who want the best and are breaking down all barriers to grab that coveted, elusive brass ring. To @WWE and to each and every one of my co workers, I love you, I appreciate you, and I thank you for loving and taking care of me for so long, Keep doing your thing and find *you* out there. Thank you so very much and God bless.

Remember and never forget the name of......#Goldust.

Til next time...

Rhodes also posted a video of him saying goodbye to his Goldust character.

Double or Nothing is taking place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, May 25. Rhodes will be having his first match since undergoing double knee surgery in July 2018.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Dustin Rhodes posts statement on departure from WWE

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 22nd, '19, 01:38

A shrewd move by WWE. A Cody vs. Dustin match will suck and drag the AEW card down, and Cody took the bait because he can't help himself.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Apr 22nd, '19, 07:08

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 01:38 A shrewd move by WWE. A Cody vs. Dustin match will suck and drag the AEW card down, and Cody took the bait because he can't help himself.
Literally the most underwhelming announcement of a match possible. Cody is on the up another match be Dustin does nothing.

Should’ve signed Dustin to be his manager or something. Or just have him do a run-in to help him win or something. Would have a lot more impact that this.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 22nd, '19, 07:10

XIV wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 07:08
Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 01:38 A shrewd move by WWE. A Cody vs. Dustin match will suck and drag the AEW card down, and Cody took the bait because he can't help himself.
Literally the most underwhelming announcement of a match possible. Cody is on the up another match be Dustin does nothing.

Should’ve signed Dustin to be his manager or something. Or just have him do a run-in to help him win or something. Would have a lot more impact that this.
Especially the run-in idea, as that would carry some real shock value if he had managed to keep his release quiet (which my guess is he would have, as I didn't hear anyone report that he had been released until after AEW announced this match).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 22nd, '19, 09:22

you guys have no idea what fans want now a days. people will be excited to see these guys wrestle and this is the match that had been rumored for a while now

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 22nd, '19, 09:41

cero2k wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 09:22 you guys have no idea what fans want now a days. people will be excited to see these guys wrestle and this is the match that had been rumored for a while now
Of course they have no idea!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Apr 22nd, '19, 23:39

cero2k wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 09:22 you guys have no idea what fans want now a days. people will be excited to see these guys wrestle and this is the match that had been rumored for a while now
Why is the match exciting? What about it is a financial draw? How does this match sell a single ticket?
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 23rd, '19, 08:45

XIV wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 23:39
Why is the match exciting? What about it is a financial draw? How does this match sell a single ticket?
tickets are sold out, they don't need to worry about that, plus it's not the main event, they have bigger things getting fans. And it's not long that fans always went crazy at the idea of Goldust vs Cody in WWE, they wanted it for Wrestlemania of all places. Exciting, idk, it's as exciting as Kofi vs Bryan to me, they're just matches, just like Cody vs Aldis last year, and fans were going crazy for that match too. If anything else, the AEW crowd will like this

XIV

Post by XIV » Apr 23rd, '19, 23:21

cero2k wrote: Apr 23rd, '19, 08:45
XIV wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 23:39
tickets are sold out, they don't need to worry about that, plus it's not the main event, they have bigger things getting fans. And it's not long that fans always went crazy at the idea of Goldust vs Cody in WWE, they wanted it for Wrestlemania of all places. Exciting, idk, it's as exciting as Kofi vs Bryan to me, they're just matches, just like Cody vs Aldis last year, and fans were going crazy for that match too. If anything else, the AEW crowd will like this
We’ll see how it plays out next month.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 29th, '19, 12:31

Cody's promo