Fenix suffers leg injury at Big Time Wrestling show

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Fenix suffers leg injury at Big Time Wrestling show

Post by cero2k » Aug 24th, '19, 07:55

Source: f4wonline.com

Yet another key match for AEW's All Out PPV could potentially be in jeopardy as Fenix was injured in a match in Pawtucket, Rhode Island on Friday night.

Fenix & Pentagon Jr. were facing Juventud Guerrera & Teddy Hart for Big Time Wrestling when the injury happened.

Fenix superkicked Hart and then picked up Guerrera, and collapsed and grabbed his leg. He rolled out of the ring and waved for help from the back. Fenix was brought to the back. In the ring, in what was clearly an audible, Guerrera immediately pinned Pentagon, who rushed to the back to check on his brother.

Early reports that he was seriously injured and may have broken his leg were premature. He was walking on the leg, but it was weak. He was hopeful it was only a sprain and was saying that he thought he would be able to do his ladder match at All Out in Chicago.

We will update when he has it examined.

We are only eight days away from All Out, where Pentagon & Fenix are scheduled to defend their AAA Tag Team titles in a ladder match against The Young Bucks. Fenix is also scheduled for AAW in Chicago prior to AEW.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Fenix suffers leg injury at Big Time Wrestling show

Post by cero2k » Aug 24th, '19, 07:56

man, AEW is getting their first big reality check this week with injuries

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Aug 24th, '19, 09:44

It won't take long before they only let their roster work with select partners (AAA, OWE although I don't understand what this promotion is supposed to be, PWG? and NJPW?) and not just anywhere that isn't on TV. That's basically two of their three big matches in the toilet (and the third is not much of a draw) and while they had PAC to make up for Moxley, they don't have much to replace Fenix (Jobber Kid again?) or the entire team (debut LAX earlier?).

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Aug 24th, '19, 10:49

Take the titles off the line and replace him with Luchasaurous. AEW Fans would just fine with that. I'd be fine with that...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 24th, '19, 22:08

Bob-O wrote: Aug 24th, '19, 10:49 Take the titles off the line and replace him with Luchasaurous. AEW Fans would just fine with that. I'd be fine with that...
AEW fans will be just fine with anything their cult leaders give them.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 25th, '19, 09:45

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 24th, '19, 22:08
Bob-O wrote: Aug 24th, '19, 10:49 Take the titles off the line and replace him with Luchasaurous. AEW Fans would just fine with that. I'd be fine with that...
Did the Young Bucks slash your tires, or did you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 25th, '19, 09:50

It's an injury, only an entitled sociopath would be pissed of not getting Fenix. They're not just changing the script because Jim Jones didn't like the show hours before starting.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 25th, '19, 09:53

cero2k wrote: Aug 25th, '19, 09:50
It's an injury, only an entitled sociopath would be pissed of not getting Fenix. They're not just changing the script because Jim Jones didn't like the show hours before starting.
I DID hear the Kool-Aid in catering was to die for....
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 25th, '19, 10:35

cero2k wrote: Aug 25th, '19, 09:50
Yeah, I should have phrased that a lot better.

But I think there is a large core of this AEW audience that would go absolutely nuts for anyone put in front of them. Not just be accepting of a change in the card because of an injury, but actively go bonkers, and as opposed to WWE where it's just naiveté or TNA where it comes from resentment of WWE (and, to a lesser extent, of ROH) that has convinced them that their way is the only way to save everyone from WWE, I think AEW has very deliberately cultivated an atmosphere where they can get anything over just by repeating it on their show a few times. The current zeitgeist everywhere is very kitschy and people are willing to- and even actively tryingto- turn anything they see into the next big thing/meme/whatever, and I think the Bucks in particular have done an excellent job of cultivating that to their advantage.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3