Page 1 of 2

WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 27th, '19, 16:59
by cero2k
Source: f4wonline.com

Image

WWE's return to Saudi Arabia is set for Halloween.

WWE's Arabic website announced today that Crown Jewel 2019 will take place at King Fahd International Stadium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on Thursday, October 31. Tickets will go on sale on Monday (September 30) at 6 p.m. local time.

Seth Rollins, Kofi Kingston, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, The New Day, Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Rey Mysterio, and NXT's Mansoor are advertised for Crown Jewel, along with Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair making special appearances.

The Undertaker also appeared in a video announcing the show.

With SmackDown moving to Friday nights on FOX, SmackDown will take place the day after Crown Jewel.

WWE's first Crown Jewel event was held in Riyadh last November, with WWE going ahead with the show despite the murder of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

Crown Jewel 2019 will be the fourth event in WWE's 10-year deal with the Saudi General Sports Authority.

Alexa Bliss and Natalya traveled to Saudi Arabia for Super ShowDown this June, but a match between them was not approved by the Saudi government.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 27th, '19, 16:59
by cero2k
Wyatt looks incredibly stupid in this poster.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 27th, '19, 17:40
by Serujuunin
cero2k wrote:
Sep 27th, '19, 16:59
Wyatt looks incredibly stupid in this poster.
Only in this poster? Are you sure?

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 27th, '19, 18:49
by KILLdozer
Serujuunin wrote:
Sep 27th, '19, 17:40
cero2k wrote:
Sep 27th, '19, 16:59
Wyatt looks incredibly stupid in this poster.
Only in this poster? Are you sure?
I thought that was a picture of you...HAHA JK.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 27th, '19, 20:01
by Serujuunin
KILLdozer wrote:
Sep 27th, '19, 18:49
Serujuunin wrote:
Sep 27th, '19, 17:40
cero2k wrote:
Sep 27th, '19, 16:59
Wyatt looks incredibly stupid in this poster.
Only in this poster? Are you sure?
I thought that was a picture of you...HAHA JK.
Nah dude, I’m WAY scarier.

I’m what the Fiend has nightmares about.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 27th, '19, 21:20
by Bob-O
Hahahahaha! Look at f'n Xavier Woods... like he knows he probably shouldn't be on a PPV poster, but it just so happens to be THIS ppv poster... he knows their whole schtick is going to get axed (or their heads), but he's still back there thinkin' about dry humping something anyway... on a poster with all former/current heavyweight champions, and Big E who is going to troll the shit out of the situation and likely be decapitated for real on the internet.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 27th, '19, 23:08
by KILLdozer
Serujuunin wrote:
Sep 27th, '19, 20:01
KILLdozer wrote:
Sep 27th, '19, 18:49
Serujuunin wrote:
Sep 27th, '19, 17:40


Only in this poster? Are you sure?
I thought that was a picture of you...HAHA JK.
Nah dude, I’m WAY scarier.

I’m what the Fiend has nightmares about.
That I can believe.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 28th, '19, 21:48
by Big Red Machine
Serujuunin wrote:
Sep 27th, '19, 17:40
cero2k wrote:
Sep 27th, '19, 16:59
Wyatt looks incredibly stupid in this poster.
Only in this poster? Are you sure?
Beat me to it.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 29th, '19, 04:37
by XIV
"The Fiend" shouldn't be on posters.

Why would a character like The Fiend is made out to be agree to stand still and have promotional photographs taken? He wouldn't. Look at any PPV poster containing Kane or the Undertaker. They are still remarkably in character, everyone can tell here that Bray Wyatt has been uniform with everyone else standing slightly to one side and allowed the camera operative take a picture without taking a mandible claw for their troubles.

Shit like this gets overlooked so often.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 29th, '19, 10:19
by Big Red Machine
XIV wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 04:37
"The Fiend" shouldn't be on posters.

Why would a character like The Fiend is made out to be agree to stand still and have promotional photographs taken? He wouldn't. Look at any PPV poster containing Kane or the Undertaker. They are still remarkably in character, everyone can tell here that Bray Wyatt has been uniform with everyone else standing slightly to one side and allowed the camera operative take a picture without taking a mandible claw for their troubles.

Shit like this gets overlooked so often.
They've photoshopped him in from an existing image, just like with all of the others.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 29th, '19, 12:38
by XIV
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 10:19
XIV wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 04:37
"The Fiend" shouldn't be on posters.

Why would a character like The Fiend is made out to be agree to stand still and have promotional photographs taken? He wouldn't. Look at any PPV poster containing Kane or the Undertaker. They are still remarkably in character, everyone can tell here that Bray Wyatt has been uniform with everyone else standing slightly to one side and allowed the camera operative take a picture without taking a mandible claw for their troubles.

Shit like this gets overlooked so often.
They've photoshopped him in from an existing image, just like with all of the others.
Doesn’t matter where they’ve photoshopped him in from. It still doesn’t work.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 29th, '19, 13:12
by Big Red Machine
XIV wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 12:38
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 10:19
XIV wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 04:37
"The Fiend" shouldn't be on posters.

Why would a character like The Fiend is made out to be agree to stand still and have promotional photographs taken? He wouldn't. Look at any PPV poster containing Kane or the Undertaker. They are still remarkably in character, everyone can tell here that Bray Wyatt has been uniform with everyone else standing slightly to one side and allowed the camera operative take a picture without taking a mandible claw for their troubles.

Shit like this gets overlooked so often.
They've photoshopped him in from an existing image, just like with all of the others.
Doesn’t matter where they’ve photoshopped him in from. It still doesn’t work.
Are you saying that the Fiend being photographed like this breaks kayfabe and thus hurts the character, or that using the character in such a mundane way hurts the character?

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 29th, '19, 20:13
by Serujuunin
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 13:12
XIV wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 12:38
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 10:19


They've photoshopped him in from an existing image, just like with all of the others.
Doesn’t matter where they’ve photoshopped him in from. It still doesn’t work.
Are you saying that the Fiend being photographed like this breaks kayfabe and thus hurts the character, or that using the character in such a mundane way hurts the character?
I think its the first. I get where he's coming from too. I didn't think of it until he said it but it's bugging me now too lol

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Sep 30th, '19, 02:41
by XIV
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 13:12
XIV wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 12:38
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 10:19


They've photoshopped him in from an existing image, just like with all of the others.
Doesn’t matter where they’ve photoshopped him in from. It still doesn’t work.
Are you saying that the Fiend being photographed like this breaks kayfabe and thus hurts the character, or that using the character in such a mundane way hurts the character?
I mean, both are true. but I was referring to breaking kayfabe and hurting the chracter. I even googled old PPV posters containing Kane or The Undertaker and both have them in character and kayfabe which hurts less than "I'm this uncontrollable personality of a psychopath but sure I'll pause of a nice photo the same as everyone elese".

It's just one of those small things that bugs me and hurts a character because it shows that it's phoney.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Oct 1st, '19, 23:45
by Big Red Machine
XIV wrote:
Sep 30th, '19, 02:41
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 13:12
XIV wrote:
Sep 29th, '19, 12:38


Doesn’t matter where they’ve photoshopped him in from. It still doesn’t work.
Are you saying that the Fiend being photographed like this breaks kayfabe and thus hurts the character, or that using the character in such a mundane way hurts the character?
I mean, both are true. but I was referring to breaking kayfabe and hurting the chracter. I even googled old PPV posters containing Kane or The Undertaker and both have them in character and kayfabe which hurts less than "I'm this uncontrollable personality of a psychopath but sure I'll pause of a nice photo the same as everyone elese".

It's just one of those small things that bugs me and hurts a character because it shows that it's phoney.
Different lines, then, as I find the photo-shop explanation perfectly good. I'm sure in all of the footage they've had of him, there was a frame they could take where he matched this position. Or maybe they even glued the head from one Fiend screenshot onto the body of another.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Oct 2nd, '19, 08:47
by cero2k
Big Red Machine wrote:
Oct 1st, '19, 23:45


Different lines, then, as I find the photo-shop explanation perfectly good. I'm sure in all of the footage they've had of him, there was a frame they could take where he matched this position. Or maybe they even glued the head from one Fiend screenshot onto the body of another.
I think it can be ok as far as the poster is about him, but this one just makes him look like one of the boys, even if photoshopped

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Oct 2nd, '19, 11:27
by XIV
cero2k wrote:
Oct 2nd, '19, 08:47
Big Red Machine wrote:
Oct 1st, '19, 23:45


Different lines, then, as I find the photo-shop explanation perfectly good. I'm sure in all of the footage they've had of him, there was a frame they could take where he matched this position. Or maybe they even glued the head from one Fiend screenshot onto the body of another.
I think it can be ok as far as the poster is about him, but this one just makes him look like one of the boys, even if photoshopped
Exactly this. Photoshopped or not, this is not how to present this character.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Oct 2nd, '19, 17:13
by Big Red Machine
XIV wrote:
Oct 2nd, '19, 11:27
cero2k wrote:
Oct 2nd, '19, 08:47
Big Red Machine wrote:
Oct 1st, '19, 23:45


Different lines, then, as I find the photo-shop explanation perfectly good. I'm sure in all of the footage they've had of him, there was a frame they could take where he matched this position. Or maybe they even glued the head from one Fiend screenshot onto the body of another.
I think it can be ok as far as the poster is about him, but this one just makes him look like one of the boys, even if photoshopped
Exactly this. Photoshopped or not, this is not how to present this character.
So would you be okay if he were on a poster by himself?

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Oct 2nd, '19, 19:19
by cero2k
Big Red Machine wrote:
Oct 2nd, '19, 17:13


So would you be okay if he were on a poster by himself?
i'd be, preferably as dark halloween looking one, not a Crown Jewel one.

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Posted: Oct 3rd, '19, 08:51
by XIV
Big Red Machine wrote:
Oct 2nd, '19, 17:13
XIV wrote:
Oct 2nd, '19, 11:27
cero2k wrote:
Oct 2nd, '19, 08:47


I think it can be ok as far as the poster is about him, but this one just makes him look like one of the boys, even if photoshopped
Exactly this. Photoshopped or not, this is not how to present this character.
So would you be okay if he were on a poster by himself?
I’d prefer he wasn’t on posters at all, it just doesn’t fit.