CM Punk Sells Out and joins WWE Backstage

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

CM Punk Sells Out and joins WWE Backstage

Post by cero2k » Nov 13th, '19, 08:26

Source: f4wonline.com

After a five-year absence from WWE programing, CM Punk resurfaced on tonight’s episode of WWE Backstage.

Renee Young introduced Punk towards the end of tonight's show. Punk entered the studio to “Cult of Personality,” walked to the camera, and said “It’s as simple as this: just when they think they have the answers, I change the culture.” He then said he would be on next week’s episode of Backstage.

In a press release, it was noted that Punk would be joining WWE Backstage as a special contributor and analyst. He will be making select appearances in the studio with regular hosts Young and Booker T.

It was reported previously in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Punk’s agents contacted FOX about being part of WWE Backstage. He took part in a screen test but no information on his status had been revealed until now.

Punk walked out of WWE in January 2014, the day after that year's Royal Rumble.

WWE Backstage airs on Tuesdays at 11 p.m. Eastern time on FS1. It's a FOX Sports production, which means that Punk will be working for FOX rather than WWE.

NWK2000

Re: CM Punk Sells Out and joins WWE Backstage

Post by NWK2000 » Nov 13th, '19, 09:24

A friend of mine described this in the most on-point way possible
"Christ has risen, and everyone is disappointed"
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 13th, '19, 09:38

NWK2000 wrote: Nov 13th, '19, 09:24 A friend of mine described this in the most on-point way possible
"Christ has risen, and everyone is disappointed"
lol, Jesus came back and he turned out to be an Adam Sandler fan.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 13th, '19, 09:53

Ans they debuted himon THIS show? Boy did they sure waste what could have been an all-time loud pop.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Nov 13th, '19, 10:46

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 13th, '19, 09:53 Ans they debuted himon THIS show? Boy did they sure waste what could have been an all-time loud pop.
Would it though? The way he screwed around Cabana has made Punk much less popular.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 13th, '19, 11:03

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 13th, '19, 09:53 Ans they debuted himon THIS show? Boy did they sure waste what could have been an all-time loud pop.
I think the fact that they avoided that pop is all the confirmation we need that this is a Fox Only deal and we shouldn't expect Punk in the ring any time soon. I remember that being a 'thing' a few months ago, WWE was having reservations because fans would be demanding a match they couldn't deliver... I think keeping him away from a live crowd was a good idea, imo.

Good lord though, it will go down in history as the most underwhelming HUGE return of all time:

Then Paige going, "Is this a rib!? Is this a rib!?", turned it from underwhelming to cringe-worthy for me. But, really happy Samoa Joe was there for it. If you watch him, he's so happy!
Last edited by Bob-O on Nov 13th, '19, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 13th, '19, 11:05

NWK2000 wrote: Nov 13th, '19, 10:46
Would it though? The way he screwed around Cabana has made Punk much less popular.
This is the WWE fanbase were talking about. Fickle and with zero idea what a Colt Cabana is

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 13th, '19, 11:08

Bob-O wrote: Nov 13th, '19, 11:03
Then Paige going, "Is this a rib!? Is this a rib!?", turned it from underwhelming to cringe-worthy for me.
Wait til you read Rollins trying to get a match on Twitter. I hate wrestling. Why couldn't I get into D&D or drugs or fishing. Why did it had to be wrestling?

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 13th, '19, 11:09

cero2k wrote: Nov 13th, '19, 11:05
NWK2000 wrote: Nov 13th, '19, 10:46
This is the WWE fanbase were talking about. Fickle and with zero idea what a Colt Cabana is
Much the way Vince McMahon will always get his pop's and "we're not worthy" bows no matter how much everyone admits he needs to go away, if Punk stepped out into an arena Colt Cabana would be the last thing on anyone's minds...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Nov 13th, '19, 11:26

cero2k wrote: Nov 13th, '19, 11:08
Then Paige going, "Is this a rib!? Is this a rib!?", turned it from underwhelming to cringe-worthy for me.
Wait til you read Rollins trying to get a match on Twitter. I hate wrestling. Why couldn't I get into D&D or drugs or fishing. Why did it had to be wrestling?
I actually quit twitter and Instagram because I got so sick of how all the wrestlers were on social media. And unfollowing people doesn’t work because twitter keeps showing me things that are “because you follow X” or whatever bullsh*t algorithm they have that follows my internet usage and shows me shit.

I enjoy wrestling way more now that I just watch the shows and none of the backstage/social media crap.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 13th, '19, 11:48

Everyone in the world should quit Twitter, Instagram, etc. Limited Facebook use is fine, but that's it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 13th, '19, 12:05

cero2k wrote: Nov 13th, '19, 11:08
Hey fat boy! It's not too late to get into pumping iron and get all jacked up, pumped, and ripped! They're gonna be calling YOU Cage! Or you could be Jeff Cobb Jr!

Smokin dope just isn't for everyone anyway 🤷‍♂️💪
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Nov 13th, '19, 15:20

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 13th, '19, 11:48 Everyone in the world should quit Twitter, Instagram, etc. Limited Facebook use is fine, but that's it.
I don't even use facebook either lol. The only thing I ever even use Twitter for is music, just to find out when people are in the studio or going on tour or whatever.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 14th, '19, 18:08

Can we just leave Renee Young on that show where she belongs and while we're at, throw Beth Phoenix on there too?

They're both the same exact level of weird inflection at times plus they sound exactly the same so whatever.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.