Report: Mauro Ranallo to miss tonight's episode of NXT

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Report: Mauro Ranallo to miss tonight's episode of NXT

Post by cero2k » Nov 27th, '19, 09:27

Source: f4wonline.com

Mauro Ranallo will reportedly not be at NXT tonight.

John Pollock of POST Wrestling reported that Mauro will not be at NXT this week at Full Sail University. Ranallo hasn’t called any WWE events since NXT TakeOver: WarGames this past Saturday.

Triple H on the WarGames post-show said that Ranallo, who is the lead announcer of NXT, would be calling matches the following day at Survivor Series. However, Ranallo was not on the card. During the show, Michael Cole on commentary said that Ranallo was set to be at the event, but his voice blew out and was unable to be part of the show.

This stems from a tweet Corey Graves posted on Twitter during TakeOver where he wrote “Just for the record guys, I know you wouldn’t know it, but there’s actually a WWE Hall of Famer AND a former Ring of Honor Champion on commentary. I’d imagine they have a lot to offer."

Ranallo has since deactivated his Twitter account.

Bob-O

Re: Report: Mauro Ranallo to miss tonight's episode of NXT

Post by Bob-O » Nov 27th, '19, 10:50

We can never truly understand one's mental illness, we can only be sympathetic to it. You don't get to decide how somebody feels. It's very real. Even in our recent chats about racism, I've never faulted anyone for feeling discriminated, with me it's all about understanding why they feel that way.

Corey Graves is an asshole, not only for criticizing one of his own, but for apparently leaving this tweet up despite people (Meltzer!) begging him to take it down. That said...

In an effort to understand, what Corey said wasn't that bad. To call off two days of work, maybe more, over it... surely there's more to it than this. Much worse has been said about me by superiors, employees, and peers alike... and I love The Bi Polar Rock n Roller... but ya still gotta go to work, man. I can't fathom not showing up to work unless physically unable or quitting.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 27th, '19, 11:11

Bob-O wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 10:50
In an effort to understand, what Corey said wasn't that bad. To call off two days of work, maybe more, over it... surely there's more to it than this. Much worse has been said about me by superiors, employees, and peers alike... and I love The Bi Polar Rock n Roller... but ya still gotta go to work, man. I can't fathom not showing up to work unless physically unable or quitting.
it's completely fair criticism, but like everyone has said, there is zero need to do it over the speaker for the world to hear, if Graves legit felt like it was an issue, he should have told talked to Mauro personally, or talk to Hunter. With a job like Mauro's being mentally healthy is more important than being physically healthy, ESPECIALLY with a live mic.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 27th, '19, 11:20

cero2k wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 11:11 With a job like Mauro's being mentally healthy is more important than being physically healthy, ESPECIALLY with a live mic.
It makes one wonder if Shawn Micheals losing his smile would be viewed differently in today's environment.

Corey apparently apologized for offending people on a completely different medium... but still didn't take down the tweet.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 27th, '19, 17:39

What is he supposed to have said wrong? Did he basically call him a loudmouth that monopolizes the announcing?

And fuck Beth Phoenix. I'm not sure who's worse or better out of her and "other blonde announcer " Renee Young...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 27th, '19, 18:22

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 17:39 What is he supposed to have said wrong? Did he basically call him a loudmouth that monopolizes the announcing?
it's wrong to shame a person with mental disorders out in twitter and pretty much provoking a breakdown.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 27th, '19, 20:51

cero2k wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 18:22
KILLdozer wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 17:39 What is he supposed to have said wrong? Did he basically call him a loudmouth that monopolizes the announcing?
it's wrong to shame a person with mental disorders out in twitter and pretty much provoking a breakdown.
I still didn't see nor understand where he did anything directed against him...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 27th, '19, 20:54

It came off to me more like Graves thought that everyone saying "oh no! Mauro won't be there was a show of a lack of confidence in Nigel and Beth, and Grabes was trying to say "just because Mauro won't be there doestdoesn't mean commentary will be bad."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 27th, '19, 21:47

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 20:51

I still didn't see nor understand where he did anything directed against him...
did you read the tweet?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 27th, '19, 21:52

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 20:54 It came off to me more like Graves thought that everyone saying "oh no! Mauro won't be there was a show of a lack of confidence in Nigel and Beth, and Grabes was trying to say "just because Mauro won't be there doestdoesn't mean commentary will be bad."
Graves made the original tweet during Takeover. Mauro was supposed to be on Survivor Series and was supposed to be on NXT, missing both shows was a consequence of the tweet. Graves just straight up said that Mauro is hogging all the mics, no other intentions

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 27th, '19, 22:27

cero2k wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 21:52
Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 20:54 It came off to me more like Graves thought that everyone saying "oh no! Mauro won't be there was a show of a lack of confidence in Nigel and Beth, and Grabes was trying to say "just because Mauro won't be there doestdoesn't mean commentary will be bad."
Graves made the original tweet during Takeover. Mauro was supposed to be on Survivor Series and was supposed to be on NXT, missing both shows was a consequence of the tweet. Graves just straight up said that Mauro is hogging all the mics, no other intentions
In the future, can we please make sure the Tweets are presented in their original context, because this is now the second time I've run into trouble with this recently.

Yes, Graves said something dumb. Also, he clearly didn't watch the show, because Beth's performances over the past few weeks make it clear that she has very little to offer other than a mixture of WWE buzzwords and phrases that don't even make sense in the order she puts them in.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 27th, '19, 22:38

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 22:27
cero2k wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 21:52
In the future, can we please make sure the Tweets are presented in their original context, because this is now the second time I've run into trouble with this recently.

Yes, Graves said something dumb. Also, he clearly didn't watch the show, because Beth's performances over the past few weeks make it clear that she has very little to offer other than a mixture of WWE buzzwords and phrases that don't even make sense in the order she puts them in.
Yeah she sucks. Her and Renee were horrible together in the MYC 2.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 28th, '19, 22:51

Leave the negativity out and I could honestly deal with less yelling like a raving lunatic on commentary lol.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 29th, '19, 05:29

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 22:38
"I wonder what WWE Hall Of Famer Beth Phoenix thinks about this?" are 12 words I've never said.
KILLdozer wrote: Nov 28th, '19, 22:51 Leave the negativity out and I could honestly deal with less yelling like a raving lunatic on commentary lol.
I've always been a mark for it lol... Mauro, Joey Styles, Vince McMahon, Shiavone... I think it brings energy to a show. I'd like to see more of a dynamic between Mauro and Nigel, as it's been a year or two and I feel like they're two guys that've never met, but I think without the lunatic yelling it wouldn't feel like the same show...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 29th, '19, 16:06

....and that honestly wasn't bad of an episode at all announcing wise. Tom Phillip's was there.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Nov 29th, '19, 17:54

Bob-O wrote: Nov 29th, '19, 05:29
"I wonder what WWE Hall Of Famer Beth Phoenix thinks about this?" are 12 words I've never said.
KILLdozer wrote: Nov 28th, '19, 22:51 Leave the negativity out and I could honestly deal with less yelling like a raving lunatic on commentary lol.
I've always been a mark for it lol... Mauro, Joey Styles, Vince McMahon, Shiavone... I think it brings energy to a show. I'd like to see more of a dynamic between Mauro and Nigel, as it's been a year or two and I feel like they're two guys that've never met, but I think without the lunatic yelling it wouldn't feel like the same show...
I love Mauro. Besides his... enthusiastic commentary, he seems to have a lot of knowledge and between him and Nigel, I feel like we get a lot of insight on the commentary table, and his excitement is contagious!

What bothers me about him is the pop culture references tbh...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 29th, '19, 19:02

Serujuunin wrote: Nov 29th, '19, 17:54
Bob-O wrote: Nov 29th, '19, 05:29

I love Mauro. Besides his... enthusiastic commentary, he seems to have a lot of knowledge and between him and Nigel, I feel like we get a lot of insight on the commentary table, and his excitement is contagious!

What bothers me about him is the pop culture references tbh...
That's the other thing I hate about him...EVERYTHING is a reference to something.