Charlotte Flair And Andrade Apply For Trademarks On In-Ring Monikers

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Charlotte Flair And Andrade Apply For Trademarks On In-Ring Monikers

Post by cero2k » Dec 2nd, '19, 11:21

Source: fightful.com

On Nov. 27, Charlotte Flair applied to trademark the terms "The Queen of Wrestling" (her WWE nickname) and "Ashley Flair" (a combination of her real name and wrestling name) Both were listed with the following description:
IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Graphic T-shirts; Hats; Hooded sweat shirts; Pants; T-shirts; Short-sleeved or long-sleeved t-shirts

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services, namely, live appearances by a professional wrestling and sports entertainment personality; Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer; Providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network
On the same day, Charlotte's boyfriend Andrade applied to trademark "El Idolo" (his WWE nickname) and "La Sombra" (his ring name in CMLL) with the following description.
IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Hats; Pants; Shirts

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services, namely, live appearances by a professional wrestling and sports entertainment personality; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a professional wrestler and sports entertainment personality; Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer; Providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network.
WWE has a trademark on "Andrade 'Cien' Almas" but there are no records for the trademark on "Charlotte Flair."

KILLdozer

Re: Charlotte Flair And Andrade Apply For Trademarks On In-Ring Monikers

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 2nd, '19, 14:44

Charlotte Flair is never leaving WWE lol. Just to say it...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 2nd, '19, 14:46

KILLdozer wrote: Dec 2nd, '19, 14:44 Charlotte Flair is never leaving WWE lol. Just to say it...
nah, they're just being smart and making sure you have backups. all wrestlers should, hell, have you considered buying TheDozerRevolution.com ?

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 2nd, '19, 15:18

This reminds me, did we ever hear on the status of the potential Adam Cole trademark by WWE?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 2nd, '19, 19:55

Serujuunin wrote: Dec 2nd, '19, 15:18 This reminds me, did we ever hear on the status of the potential Adam Cole trademark by WWE?
This I'd the very first I'm hearing about it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 2nd, '19, 20:44

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 2nd, '19, 19:55
Serujuunin wrote: Dec 2nd, '19, 15:18 This reminds me, did we ever hear on the status of the potential Adam Cole trademark by WWE?
hasn't passed yet, not sure how it works, but there's a 'Opposition' date of two months ago. I think that's when someone can contest against it? idk

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield ... 4apqi0.2.1

Word Mark ADAM COLE
Filing Date September 4, 2018
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition October 8, 2019
Owner (APPLICANT) World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 1241 East Main Street Stamford CONNECTICUT 06902

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 2nd, '19, 22:24

I read about it on here a while ago, but literally the only thing I remember about it was someone making a comment about testing Cole's loyalty to WWE to give up his indy name or something, and then I completely forgot about it until now.
cero2k wrote: Dec 2nd, '19, 20:44
hasn't passed yet, not sure how it works, but there's a 'Opposition' date of two months ago. I think that's when someone can contest against it? idk

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield ... 4apqi0.2.1

Word Mark ADAM COLE
Filing Date September 4, 2018
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition October 8, 2019
Owner (APPLICANT) World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 1241 East Main Street Stamford CONNECTICUT 06902
I wouldn't know the first thing about anything about laws, especially in the States, I was mostly just curious if WWE gave up or if he gave in or what happened. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to find that out lol.