WWE officially confirms John Morrison returning to company

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

WWE officially confirms John Morrison returning to company

Post by cero2k » Dec 4th, '19, 08:36

Source: f4wonline.com

Over two months after it was first reported, WWE has confirmed that John Morrison (John Hennigan) is returning to the company.

The official announcement of Morrison returning was made on tonight's episode of WWE Backstage. WWE.com noted that the contract Morrison signed is a multi-year deal.

Morrison tweeted about the announcement: "Confirmed. I have signed with @WWE - I’ve never been as good at anything as I am at wrestling & I can’t wait to stand again in a #WWE ring opposite the most talented people in the business"

WWE Backstage's Ryan Satin said that creative ideas for Morrison's return are still being worked on and it isn't clear when Morrison will make his first appearance or which brand he'll be on.

PWInsider first reported that Morrison had signed with WWE in September, with their report also being confirmed by Dave Meltzer.

Morrison departed Impact Wrestling after Slammiversary XVII this July. He was a one-time World Champion while with Impact.

When Morrison returns, it will be the first time he's appeared for WWE since 2011.

Bob-O

Re: WWE officially confirms John Morrison returning to company

Post by Bob-O » Dec 4th, '19, 16:22

cero2k wrote: Dec 4th, '19, 08:36 WWE Backstage's Ryan Satin said that creative ideas for Morrison's return are still being worked on and it isn't clear when Morrison will make his first appearance or which brand he'll be on.
Lol "creative ideas"...

He's going to be #12 in The Rumble, he's going to save himself from elimination doing some parkour stuffs, he's going to get punted over the top rope by Rowan. The internet will be mad because that's Kofi's job.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 4th, '19, 18:44

Bob-O wrote: Dec 4th, '19, 16:22
cero2k wrote: Dec 4th, '19, 08:36 WWE Backstage's Ryan Satin said that creative ideas for Morrison's return are still being worked on and it isn't clear when Morrison will make his first appearance or which brand he'll be on.
Lol "creative ideas"...

He's going to be #12 in The Rumble, he's going to save himself from elimination doing some parkour stuffs, he's going to get punted over the top rope by Rowan. The internet will be mad because that's Kofi's job.
Meanwhile Kofi will be in a tag match with Big E that they’ll probably lose and everyone will sadly remember where Kofi used to be and how he’s fallen right back down the ladder again.

And then Morrison will bedazzle his abs and call someone Marty Janetty.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 4th, '19, 19:49

As much as I agree with the above and agree with how he was used last time...maybe they'll actually take of the fact he was champion everywhere he went in the meantime ....
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 5th, '19, 08:23

KILLdozer wrote: Dec 4th, '19, 19:49 As much as I agree with the above and agree with how he was used last time...maybe they'll actually take of the fact he was champion everywhere he went in the meantime ....
They don't do that, though. McIntyre is the only one I can think of recently (maybe ever...?) that come back to a better spot than when they left.

Not to shit before I eat, because "anything can happen", but guys that come back regardless of how long they were gone, come back to the spot they left. Especially somebody as memorable, yet forgettable, as Morrison... he's going to get plopped into a nostalgia spot and challenge for the United States Title.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 5th, '19, 08:28

Dude... imagine "Johnny Entertainment" in NXT. Top heel right there who could turn Cole babyface
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 5th, '19, 08:41

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 08:28 Dude... imagine "Johnny Entertainment" in NXT. Top heel right there who could turn Cole babyface
Johnny Entertainment and The Real Rock and Rolla... god that'd be so good.

Now I'm going to be more pissed when he's jobbing to Corbin in unannounced matches.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 5th, '19, 11:22

Bob-O wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 08:41
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 08:28 Dude... imagine "Johnny Entertainment" in NXT. Top heel right there who could turn Cole babyface
Johnny Entertainment and The Real Rock and Rolla... god that'd be so good.

Now I'm going to be more pissed when he's jobbing to Corbin in unannounced matches.
I had a talk about Corbin the other day...put that man back in the mid /upper mid card where he belongs. And grow his hair...and beard. He's got that Lashley look going where his face and head are ridiculously smooth everywhere...and it just doesn't look well in pro wrestling lol....and it's even worse on him.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 5th, '19, 15:17

KILLdozer wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 11:22 I had a talk about Corbin the other day...put that man back in the mid /upper mid card where he belongs. And grow his hair...and beard. He's got that Lashley look going where his face and head are ridiculously smooth everywhere...and it just doesn't look well in pro wrestling lol....and it's even worse on him.
He's going bald lol... balding doesn't look good on anyone.

Although he could grow it out and introduce a new character... WWE-SHOP-ZONE FREEEAK!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 5th, '19, 15:38

Bob-O wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 15:17
KILLdozer wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 11:22 I had a talk about Corbin the other day...put that man back in the mid /upper mid card where he belongs. And grow his hair...and beard. He's got that Lashley look going where his face and head are ridiculously smooth everywhere...and it just doesn't look well in pro wrestling lol....and it's even worse on him.

Although he could grow it out and introduce a new character... WWE-SHOP-ZONE FREEEAK!
I've said it before a long time ago...get him a beanie or a bandana and bring back the old look with the tanks and vests and stuff...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 5th, '19, 15:56

you're wasting your BTE jokes on Dozer, but I got it and lol'd

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 5th, '19, 15:58

KILLdozer wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 15:38

I've said it before a long time ago...get him a beanie or a bandana and bring back the old look with the tanks and vests and stuff...
bald man growing hair
grow beard
bring back bandana
bring back tank top

like this?
Hidden text.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 5th, '19, 16:10

cero2k wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 15:58
KILLdozer wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 15:38

bald man growing hair
grow beard
bring back bandana
bring back tank top

like this?
Hidden text.
Nawh Corbin's really too skinny AND also out of shape for that...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 5th, '19, 18:08

KILLdozer wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 16:10 Nawh Corbin's really too skinny AND also out of shape for that...
Would it be too 90's to "Isaac Yankem" his ass and do a total re-do? Throw a mask on him, give him a new name... what ever happened to that? Maybe the bench got too big, but it used to be when a talented guy was struggling to get a gimmick over they got him a new one. Or even when guys weren't struggling and they turned One Man Gang into a black guy because they thought it was funny. My point is, there came a point where guys only got one shot... and depending on how much they like you, they might let you take that exact same shot again... or sometimes over and over and over and over again... but I feel like the "back to the drawing board" approach to talent development has been long forgotten.

Tell me Corbin under a mask wouldn't be absolute money. I don't care if you can see his shitty tattoos or not, people'd get over it and it'd be money.