Killer Kross released by Impact Wrestling

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Killer Kross released by Impact Wrestling

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 18th, '19, 18:30

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Bryan Rose | @br26 | Dec 18, 2019 2:19 pm

Killer Kross is officially a free agent after being at an impasse with Impact Wrestling for months over his contract.

Impact announced today that Kross is no longer with the promotion. The statement on their website simply states: “IMPACT Wrestling has come to terms on the release of Kevin Kesar (Killer Kross).”

Kross has not been seen on Impact television since July when Eddie Edwards defeated him in a first blood match at Slammiversary. It was reported back in May that he had requested his release, but Impact did not grant it. Kross finished his program with Edwards at Slammiversary and has not been used since.

Kross’ contract was set to expire this month, but Impact had the option of rolling the contract over another year.

Although he has not been on Impact television in months, Kross has continued to work independent dates. He’s also been booked by AAA, taking part in their Guerra de Titanes event back on December 14.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Killer Kross released by Impact Wrestling

Post by cero2k » Dec 18th, '19, 20:11

and now he's completely cooled off. if he had been professional, kept working with Impact, he would had been hot by the time of his release. WWE will still hire him tho, so good for him.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Dec 18th, '19, 21:25

cero2k wrote: Dec 18th, '19, 20:11 and now he's completely cooled off. if he had been professional, kept working with Impact, he would had been hot by the time of his release. WWE will still hire him tho, so good for him.
He'll pick back up. He's got a distinct look, and when he's pushed as unstoppable he does it as believably as anyone. I wouldn't mind him and Damien Priest being a unit.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 18th, '19, 21:32

cero2k wrote: Dec 18th, '19, 20:11 and now he's completely cooled off. if he had been professional, kept working with Impact, he would had been hot by the time of his release. WWE will still hire him tho, so good for him.
Really? I see him headed to ROH. He seems like the type of guy they really want, whereas NXT and AEW might like him but don't need him.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 19th, '19, 09:00

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 18th, '19, 21:32

Really? I see him headed to ROH. He seems like the type of guy they really want, whereas NXT and AEW might like him but don't need him.
i'm just guessing he's going after Scarlett Bordeuax, he's definitely looking for money, and WWE will most likely be willing to make an offer. If he was smart, he'd take the AAA/(AEW or ROH) paychecks combined

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 24th, '19, 08:11

I feel like AEW would pass on him. Nothing to do with talent, I just feel like they've got plans in place and aren't in the market to pay him the money he's looking for to sit back for six months. I don't feel like they have anything to gain with his act at the moment... nothing that would justify the payday.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 24th, '19, 09:08

Bob-O wrote: Dec 24th, '19, 08:11 I feel like AEW would pass on him. Nothing to do with talent, I just feel like they've got plans in place and aren't in the market to pay him the money he's looking for to sit back for six months. I don't feel like they have anything to gain with his act at the moment... nothing that would justify the payday.
he's a great act, but it would just be another 'goth dark cult satanic' gimmick, and they probably don't care about it. He's a hell of a promo tho, which i think would flourish more in AEW than NXT

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 24th, '19, 12:03

cero2k wrote: Dec 24th, '19, 09:08
Bob-O wrote: Dec 24th, '19, 08:11 I feel like AEW would pass on him. Nothing to do with talent, I just feel like they've got plans in place and aren't in the market to pay him the money he's looking for to sit back for six months. I don't feel like they have anything to gain with his act at the moment... nothing that would justify the payday.
he's a great act, but it would just be another 'goth dark cult satanic' gimmick, and they probably don't care about it. He's a hell of a promo tho, which i think would flourish more in AEW than NXT
That's what I'm saying. The way he left Impact, where he was being used, was kind of... "I know my worth and I want paid NOW"... I don't see AEW bringing him to be the centerpiece of Dark Order or anything close to a position that would warrant the paycheck he's after. While it sounds ridiculous, I could absolutely see him being the mouthpiece in a tag team with Mojo Rawley or Damien Priest and getting paid.

I like the ROH/AAA idea, but he could have stayed with Impact and done the same thing. I'm following the money here, and it always winds up in the same place...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 26th, '19, 10:53

Bob-O wrote: Dec 24th, '19, 12:03 I could absolutely see him being the mouthpiece in a tag team with Mojo Rawley or Damien Priest and getting paid.
man, that just sounds sad. You killed all my holiday happiness right there

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 26th, '19, 18:54

cero2k wrote: Dec 26th, '19, 10:53
Bob-O wrote: Dec 24th, '19, 12:03 I could absolutely see him being the mouthpiece in a tag team with Mojo Rawley or Damien Priest and getting paid.
man, that just sounds sad. You killed all my holiday happiness right there
Sorry...
I don't like it much either, but in a perfect world he'd have just stayed put on Impact...

For what it's worth, I'd rather see Killer Cross be the missing piece to the puzzle that let's Mojo go full beast mode than The Gimp for The Butcher and The Blade...