Tribute to legends of Memphis wrestling set for AEW Dynamite

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Tribute to legends of Memphis wrestling set for AEW Dynamite

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 1st, '20, 21:31

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Jan 1, 2020 8:05 pm

AEW will be paying tribute to the legends of Memphis wrestling next week.

During tonight's Dynamite, it was announced that Memphis wrestling legends will be honored on next Wednesday's episode of the show. It was noted that some legends will be appearing in person, though further details weren't revealed.

Next week's Dynamite is taking place at the Landers Center in Southaven, Mississippi. Southaven is part of the greater Memphis area.

AEW is billing next week's Dynamite as the anniversary edition of the show, with it taking place on the one-year anniversary of the company's Double or Nothing rally.

Cody & Dustin Rhodes vs. The Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr. & Fenix), Riho vs. Kris Statlander for the AEW Women's Championship, Kenny Omega & Hangman Page vs. Private Party (Marq Quen & Isiah Kassidy), and Sammy Guevara vs. Christopher Daniels are set for next week's Dynamite. Jon Moxley will also reveal whether or not he's accepting Chris Jericho's offer to join the Inner Circle.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Tribute to legends of Memphis wrestling set for AEW Dynamite

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 1st, '20, 21:32

I REALLY hope they don't waste much time with this. Promotions doing this sort of thing in 2020 feels desperate and is also overdone to hell, and I doubt it will actually draw any viewers who wouldn't otherwise watch.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Re: Tribute to legends of Memphis wrestling set for AEW Dynamite

Post by Bob-O » Jan 2nd, '20, 09:01

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 1st, '20, 21:32 I REALLY hope they don't waste much time with this. Promotions doing this sort of thing in 2020 feels desperate and is also overdone to hell, and I doubt it will actually draw any viewers who wouldn't otherwise watch.
With nobody announced for the show I doubt they're trying to move the viewership needle with it and doing it more to sell tickets. Lawler and Double J are the only two names that come to mind that ~might~ boost ratings nationally, and both have deals with WWE.

Maybe we get a heel Cornette appearance...? "First of all, I don't know why these idiots invited me here tonight, I'm from Louisville and never wanted anything to do with you Hillbillies..." and cue Janella, but who knows.

I'm more intrigued by billing this "The Anniversary Edition" when last week was the mini ppv...