Major Name Rumored To Be Returning At WWE Royal Rumble

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

Major Name Rumored To Be Returning At WWE Royal Rumble

Post by Bob-O » Jan 11th, '20, 09:37

Source: wrestlingnews.co

The Edge-WWE return rumors have been circulating for months and thus far, there has been no concrete timetable for his return.

However, a source told WrestleZone’s Bill Prichard that Edge’s return is coming and fans should expect to see him later this month as part of the Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

Prichard says his source told him that Edge will make his in-ring return in the Men’ Royal Rumble match. The source did not say if this would be a one-off appearance but it was noted that Edge in the Rumble match is considered to be a “lock.” If that is the case, then it would indicate that he has been cleared to in-ring activity.

Edge made an appearance last August during the SummerSlam Kickoff show and he hit a spear on Elias. It was around that time when he signed a new contract and PWInsider reported this week that his deal is very lucrative, which would indicate that his contract is not just a Legends deal for appearances. The financial terms of his deal would strongly suggest that he would be doing more than just showing up occasionally for non-physical segments.

As previously noted, Edge has gotten himself in great shape and is said to be feeling better than he has in several years. The belief backstage in WWE is that he will wrestle on big shows, similar to Brock Lesnar.

Ironically, as Edge is returning to the company, one of his long-time in-ring foes is expected to leave the company next month.

Serujuunin

Re: Major Name Rumored To Be Returning At WWE Royal Rumble

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 11th, '20, 11:34

So, as excited as I am for this... I can’t help but worry.

What’s changed over the years that suddenly his neck is okay to wrestle again?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '20, 15:44

Bob-O wrote: Jan 11th, '20, 09:37 Source: wrestlingnews.co

Ironically, as Edge is returning to the company, one of his long-time in-ring foes is expected to leave the company next month.
Cena? Jeff Hardy? Matt Hardy?
I'm much more intrigued by this comment than I am by an in-ring return for a 46-year-old Edge.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 11th, '20, 15:45

Serujuunin wrote: Jan 11th, '20, 11:34 So, as excited as I am for this... I can’t help but worry.

Years of rest and recovery.

His neck probably couldn't handle 250 days on the road fulltime, but a Rumble Appearance, a Wrestlemania Match... maybe one of those sweet sweet Saudi paychecks... he's probably good to go without much risk. I doubt he'll be doing spears through the ropes to the floor...

I'm guessing, given the neck thing, he'll be on a schedule like Undertaker was. He'll show up ~just~ often enough that we don't forget about him, probably do some tag matches...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '20, 15:45

Serujuunin wrote: Jan 11th, '20, 11:34 So, as excited as I am for this... I can’t help but worry.

Probably just years of healing is my guess, or maybe some new surgery? I believe Sheamus is currently wrestling with spinal stenosis.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 11th, '20, 15:48

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 11th, '20, 15:44
Bob-O wrote: Jan 11th, '20, 09:37 Source: wrestlingnews.co

Cena? Jeff Hardy? Matt Hardy?
I'm much more intrigued by this comment than I am by an in-ring return for a 46-year-old Edge.
Hidden text.
Matt Hardy. There's a bunch of rumors about him, none of them involve him signing a new deal