Page 1 of 1

Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy win WWE Raw Tag Team titles

Posted: Jan 20th, '20, 21:44
by Big Red Machine
Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Josh Nason | @joshnason | Jan 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy defeated the Viking Raiders to win the WWE Raw tag team titles on Monday's edition of Raw from Wichita, Kansas,

The duo had held the titles since October 14, 2019.

The end came when Murphy hit a flying knee to Erik who fell into the ropes. As the referee pulled Murphy away, Rollins hit Erik with a curb stomp, giving Murphy the pin and win. Ivar was taken out of action prior to that when Rollins pushed him off the top rope onto the outside. The match went just over eleven minutes.

The title match was set up following the show's opening segment when the Raiders joined Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens in running off Rollins, Murphy, and the AOP.

While this marks Murphy's first WWE Raw or SmackDown tag team title reign, this is Rollins' sixth as a Raw tag team champion as he's held the titles with Roman Reigns, Jason Jordan, Braun Strowman, and Dean Ambrose twice.

Re: Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy win WWE Raw Tag Team titles

Posted: Jan 20th, '20, 21:44
by Big Red Machine
Not the AoP? That's kind of odd.

Re: Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy win WWE Raw Tag Team titles

Posted: Jan 20th, '20, 21:49
by Big Red Machine
By the way, Rollins is now only 3 partners away from tying Kane's record, in just over seven years on the roster. For comparison, Miz and Kofi are also at five partners, but he's been on the roster for twice as long.

Re: Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy win WWE Raw Tag Team titles

Posted: Jan 20th, '20, 22:35
by Bob-O
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jan 20th, '20, 21:44
Not the AoP? That's kind of odd.
I agree, but I'm going to write it off as continuity...

In AOP's vignettes during their reintroduction they didn't care about titles, they just wanted to fight and offered their services to the highest bidder.

Re: Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy win WWE Raw Tag Team titles

Posted: Jan 20th, '20, 23:32
by NWK2000
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jan 20th, '20, 21:44
Not the AoP? That's kind of odd.
Bodyguards who are also in title contention have proven to be ineffective bodyguards (see: Diesel)

Re: Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy win WWE Raw Tag Team titles

Posted: Jan 23rd, '20, 10:38
by XIV
NWK2000 wrote:
Jan 20th, '20, 23:32
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jan 20th, '20, 21:44
Not the AoP? That's kind of odd.
Bodyguards who are also in title contention have proven to be ineffective bodyguards (see: Diesel)
Kind of mute when the two other people involved are a World Champion level competitor and a midcarder who could chase the midcards titles...

My little hope is that they're building this stable situation until after Wrestlemania when Undisputed Era debut and challenge f*cking shit up.

But then I just realise that I wouldn't want Adam Cole RUINED by main roster WWE.

Re: Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy win WWE Raw Tag Team titles

Posted: Jan 23rd, '20, 14:38
by NWK2000
XIV wrote:
Jan 23rd, '20, 10:38
NWK2000 wrote:
Jan 20th, '20, 23:32
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jan 20th, '20, 21:44
Not the AoP? That's kind of odd.
Bodyguards who are also in title contention have proven to be ineffective bodyguards (see: Diesel)
Kind of mute when the two other people involved are a World Champion level competitor and a midcarder who could chase the midcards titles...

My little hope is that they're building this stable situation until after Wrestlemania when Undisputed Era debut and challenge f*cking shit up.

But then I just realise that I wouldn't want Adam Cole RUINED by main roster WWE.
I mean, you're right, but I like the fact that they're avoiding obvious conflicts of interest and letting the AOPs just be heavies.

Eh, I don't think Triple H would give away his top heel faction while he was still in power, so I think you're good

Re: Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy win WWE Raw Tag Team titles

Posted: Jan 25th, '20, 01:08
by Serujuunin
NWK2000 wrote:
Jan 23rd, '20, 14:38
XIV wrote:
Jan 23rd, '20, 10:38
NWK2000 wrote:
Jan 20th, '20, 23:32


Bodyguards who are also in title contention have proven to be ineffective bodyguards (see: Diesel)
Kind of mute when the two other people involved are a World Champion level competitor and a midcarder who could chase the midcards titles...

My little hope is that they're building this stable situation until after Wrestlemania when Undisputed Era debut and challenge f*cking shit up.

But then I just realise that I wouldn't want Adam Cole RUINED by main roster WWE.
I mean, you're right, but I like the fact that they're avoiding obvious conflicts of interest and letting the AOPs just be heavies.

Eh, I don't think Triple H would give away his top heel faction while he was still in power, so I think you're good
Part of me thinks Adam Cole is too good for them to ruin, he would just be the diamond in the pile of sh*t...

But then I look at the track record and it makes me sweat a little.

Re: Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy win WWE Raw Tag Team titles

Posted: Jan 25th, '20, 09:36
by Bob-O
Serujuunin wrote:
Jan 25th, '20, 01:08
Part of me thinks Adam Cole is too good for them to ruin, he would just be the diamond in the pile of sh*t...

But then I look at the track record and it makes me sweat a little.
Don't ever say ANYONE is too good for Vince to ruin, as he will ask you politely to hold his beer...

Adam Cole IS a diamond, but he reminds me of all my favorite guys from ECW that were super over and 21 year old me couldn't wait to see debut in WWE or WCW... Taz, Sandman, Sabu, Shane Douglas, Tommy Dreamer... and we know how all that worked out.

When they can't get Nakamura off the midcard with an S-Tier mouthpiece, I don't have much faith in anyone.

Re: Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy win WWE Raw Tag Team titles

Posted: Jan 25th, '20, 12:36
by Serujuunin
Bob-O wrote:
Jan 25th, '20, 09:36
Serujuunin wrote:
Jan 25th, '20, 01:08
Part of me thinks Adam Cole is too good for them to ruin, he would just be the diamond in the pile of sh*t...

But then I look at the track record and it makes me sweat a little.
Don't ever say ANYONE is too good for Vince to ruin, as he will ask you politely to hold his beer...

Adam Cole IS a diamond, but he reminds me of all my favorite guys from ECW that were super over and 21 year old me couldn't wait to see debut in WWE or WCW... Taz, Sandman, Sabu, Shane Douglas, Tommy Dreamer... and we know how all that worked out.

When they can't get Nakamura off the midcard with an S-Tier mouthpiece, I don't have much faith in anyone.
That was the one example that actually came to mind first lol, but then there’s Balor, Joe (until recently, but I’m holding my breath until I see where this goes), IMO Ricochet and Aleister Black, Sami Zayn, Cesaro... the list of names makes me sad.

I just love Adam Cole though. My mom said, the very first time she ever watched him wrestle, that he was this generation’s HBK, and he just keeps getting better. I think all around, Gargano is my favorite, but Cole is probably the best (in WWE/NXT, obviously, as my scope is very limited lol)

Returning to the original post, I’m watching old 205Live now (just got to Murphy’s title win), and I’m so happy he’s getting some attention on RAW. He’s really so good. And even though I’m not really feeling the angle, rubbing shoulders with Rollins can be a really good thing.

Re: Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy win WWE Raw Tag Team titles

Posted: Jan 26th, '20, 22:03
by NWK2000
Bob-O wrote:
Jan 25th, '20, 09:36
Serujuunin wrote:
Jan 25th, '20, 01:08
Part of me thinks Adam Cole is too good for them to ruin, he would just be the diamond in the pile of sh*t...

But then I look at the track record and it makes me sweat a little.
Don't ever say ANYONE is too good for Vince to ruin, as he will ask you politely to hold his beer...

Adam Cole IS a diamond, but he reminds me of all my favorite guys from ECW that were super over and 21 year old me couldn't wait to see debut in WWE or WCW... Taz, Sandman, Sabu, Shane Douglas, Tommy Dreamer... and we know how all that worked out.

When they can't get Nakamura off the midcard with an S-Tier mouthpiece, I don't have much faith in anyone.
I think the people who operate best in Vince's WWE are people who can play doofuses when the time is right and still go out there and wrestle their asses off. Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, and Daniel Bryan are the three names that pop into my head, and Adam Cole, hell the entire UE, are as good as all of them.