NXT Talent Advised Not To Call Out RAW And SmackDown Stars After Incident Involving Brock Lesnar and Matt Riddle

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

NXT Talent Advised Not To Call Out RAW And SmackDown Stars After Incident Involving Brock Lesnar and Matt Riddle

Post by Bob-O » Jan 29th, '20, 10:19

Source: heelbynature

WWE held a media class today at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, FL.

According to PWInsider, there was a specific mention to not call out or tweet RAW and SmackDown talent without their knowledge. This was in response to an incident that occurred at the Royal Rumble Sunday between Brock Lesnar and Matt Riddle.

In regard to stories that Brock Lesnar and Matt Riddle had a run-in at the Royal Rumble backstage, where Lesnar made it clear to Riddle (who constantly talks about retiring Lesnar on social media) that he will never work with Riddle, so he should knock it off, there’s absolutely truth to the story, to the point that earlier today, during a media class at the WWE Performance Center, there was a specific mention of not tweeting and calling out talents from Raw and Smackdown without their knowledge, which got a big laugh from the NXT talents in attendance.

Various sources including Pro Wrestling Sheet, Fightful, and talkSpot have confirmed a verbal altercation between Lesnar and Riddle occured prior to the Royal Rumble. Alex McCarthy of talkSport states that Lesnar specifically told Riddle that he should quit speaking about him, as they will never work together.

Brock Lesnar reportedly said the following to Matt Riddle backstage.
“Kid, you might as well stop saying my name and tagging me in shit because you and I will never work together. Ever.”

Many began speculating that Riddle was punished during the Royal Rumble, being eliminated almost immediately, but that apparently was always the plan. Matt Riddle posted the following message on Twitter following the Royal Rumble.

Matt Riddle has been very vocal on social media about his feelings towards Brock Lesnar, going as far as stating he wanted to retire him.

Big Red Machine

Re: NXT Talent Advised Not To Call Out RAW And SmackDown Stars After Incident Involving Brock Lesnar and Matt Riddle

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 29th, '20, 10:33

Good. NO ONE should be shooting their own angles.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Re: NXT Talent Advised Not To Call Out RAW And SmackDown Stars After Incident Involving Brock Lesnar and Matt Riddle

Post by Bob-O » Jan 29th, '20, 11:02

Bob-O wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 10:19 there was a specific mention of not tweeting and calling out talents from Raw and Smackdown without their knowledge, which got a big laugh from the NXT talents in attendance.
The fact that they laughed, in turn, made me laugh.
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 10:33 Good. NO ONE should be shooting their own angles.
I think there's room for this, as long as it's only a couple of guys doing it. If the entire nxt locker room was popping off trying to get noticed that way it'd be a little cringey, I'm not trying to see Mia Yim tell Trish Stratus she's gonna go to her house and make her eat a plate of her own shit on Facebook, but I think the Riddle stuff is fun trolling by a guy that's good enough to get away with it and legitimately doesn't care if he can't.

The Goldberg/WCW stuff was kind of out there, but this retire Lesnar thing is kind of genius. If it works out down the road, great! If it doesn't, he's the guy "Brock's afraid of" for the rest of his career no matter where he ends up.

I can't, for a second, believe that if half of the urban legends surrounding Vince McMahon's aura are true that he doesn't see a young Vinny Mac in Riddle. Old Man Vince just doesn't want to deal with a cranky Lesnar, but I feel like Vince has to respect the balls...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 29th, '20, 11:29

Bob-O wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 10:19
“Kid, you might as well stop saying my name and tagging me in shit because you and I will never work together. Ever.”
hmmm, so i guess Lesnar isn't interested in making money after all. Neither is WWE for that matter. I've had it all wrong all along.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 29th, '20, 13:15

I'm trying to think why he's just saying it'll never happen...maybe he just doesn't like the way he goes about it and wants to shut him up lol...then again he HAS NEVER faced an NXT guy soooo ...

"Levels and tiers of stardom".
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 29th, '20, 13:30

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 13:15 I'm trying to think why he's just saying it'll never happen...maybe he just doesn't like the way he goes about it and wants to shut him up lol...then again he HAS NEVER faced an NXT guy soooo ...

except he had a long ass feud with the first ever NXT champion and is now feuding against a former NXT champion

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 29th, '20, 14:01

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 13:15 I'm trying to think why he's just saying it'll never happen...maybe he just doesn't like the way he goes about it and wants to shut him up lol...then again he HAS NEVER faced an NXT guy soooo ...

Yeah, I think that's what it's all about. Brock's line of thinking is that he makes 7 figures a fight, ring or octagon, Riddle's not on that level - combined with a very diva-esque "I'm sooooo out of your league little boy, get my name outcha mouth"

But, to Riddle's credit - in a very Russo-esque way is laughing it off saying, "...yet, here we are. So you've been reading my social media I see..." , which has been his plan all along.
cero2k wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 13:30 except he had a long ass feud with the first ever NXT champion and is now feuding against a former NXT champion
Right, but before he let Keith Lee knock him down he's never even acknowledged NXT as a brand.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 29th, '20, 17:57

cero2k wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 11:29
Bob-O wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 10:19
hmmm, so i guess Lesnar isn't interested in making money after all. Neither is WWE for that matter. I've had it all wrong all along.
Brock is interested in making money. We're just no longer in the era where PPV buyrates are the big thing that does that. Brock makes just as much money no matter what the buyrate is. What Brock isn't interested in doing is working hard.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 29th, '20, 21:36

cero2k wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 13:30

except he had a long ass feud with the first ever NXT champion and is now feuding against a former NXT champion
The thin line between all this is they weren't NXT at the time.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 29th, '20, 21:43

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 21:36
cero2k wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 13:30

The thin line between all this is they weren't NXT at the time.
What he said.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 29th, '20, 21:52

Apparently, Riddle "has enough heat" that WWE PC didn't hesitate to post a YouTube video about it today...

I absolutely love how serious he is at the end. This video is perfect to show somebody that "doesn't get" Matt Riddle.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Jan 30th, '20, 08:26

Bob-O wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 21:52 Apparently, Riddle "has enough heat" that WWE PC didn't hesitate to post a YouTube video about it today...

I absolutely love how serious he is at the end. This video is perfect to show somebody that "doesn't get" Matt Riddle.
I'm typically suspicious of the reporting dirtsheets do, and this just adds to that. Why the hell would you do a promotional video if you wanted someone to stop talking about wanting to wrestle a main roster guy?
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 30th, '20, 10:02

NWK2000 wrote: Jan 30th, '20, 08:26
Bob-O wrote: Jan 29th, '20, 21:52 Apparently, Riddle "has enough heat" that WWE PC didn't hesitate to post a YouTube video about it today...

I'm typically suspicious of the reporting dirtsheets do, and this just adds to that. Why the hell would you do a promotional video if you wanted someone to stop talking about wanting to wrestle a main roster guy?
Ok Doubtin NWK- Edge was reported to be at the RR and was lol.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 30th, '20, 10:27

Nobody's gonna be 100% in the dirtsheet game. Meltzer blew the thing out of proportion it seems, saying Riddle was being "sent a message" with his quick elimination in the rumble, while other guys with "connections" only confirmed the Riddle/Lesnar verbal exchange. The "major heat" gets the clicks.

It doesn't mean anything comes of it, but if Lesnar had actual issues with Riddle calling him out there's no way The PC runs this video - which tells me there's not much "major heat" on Matt Riddle.

I mean, he's an athlete saying his goal is to retire the most successful guy in the industry who's cut from the same cloth. There's nothing offensive about that, if anything I'd think it should be a little flattering. The Goldberg stuff not so much, but having a goal and communicating that goal aren't bad things.

When presented with the man who's professional goal is to retire you, what would the appropriate response be?

A. You probably will lol! Let's plan on that in another couple years! Hopefully you don't, but you're really good and I'm old so...

or

B. Yeah... they told me what you've been saying and I'm not going out like that. I've barely heard of you as it is, it's probably a good idea to choose a different goal. Stop wasting your time, I don't see this match happening any time soon.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Jan 30th, '20, 22:11

Bob-O wrote: Jan 30th, '20, 10:27 The "major heat" gets the clicks.

It doesn't mean anything comes of it, but if Lesnar had actual issues with Riddle calling him out there's no way The PC runs this video - which tells me there's not much "major heat" on Matt Riddle.
^This is exactly why I'm skeptical of literally all dirtsheet reporting. It blows things out of context when obvious context clues would indicate a significantly less heightened emotional state.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.