Ronda Rousey not in the plans for WWE WrestleMania

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Ronda Rousey not in the plans for WWE WrestleMania

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 30th, '20, 18:05

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Josh Nason | @joshnason | Jan 30, 2020 6:59 am

On Wednesday's edition of Wrestling Observer Radio (sub needed), Dave Meltzer said that Ronda Rousey is not scheduled for this year's WrestleMania in Tampa, FL.

According to Meltzer, the direction will be Charlotte Flair using her Royal Rumble-earned title shot to challenge NXT Champion Rhea Ripley for the company's biggest show of the year with Flair becoming more of a presence on NXT TV.

Meltzer said he doesn't know the reason Rousey won't be at WrestleMania.

A few days shy of her 33rd birthday, Rousey will be on Corey Graves' After The Bell podcast Thursday.

Rousey saw her 231-day reign as Raw women's champion end at 2019's WrestleMania, giving her the first loss of her young pro wrestling career, also the last match she's had to date in WWE.

The current WrestleMania card for both announced and expected matches is as follows:

WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Drew McIntyre
WWE Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs. Roman Reigns
NXT Champion Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair
Edge vs. Randy Orton
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Ronda Rousey not in the plans for WWE WrestleMania

Post by cero2k » Jan 30th, '20, 19:50

kinda funny how WWE spent all this money to bring in Ronda and Cain and in a way Fury, and none of them are really doing anything for WWE

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 30th, '20, 21:09

cero2k wrote: Jan 30th, '20, 19:50 kinda funny how WWE spent all this money to bring in Ronda and Cain and in a way Fury, and none of them are really doing anything for WWE
Yup. It's almost like they haven't learned their lesson. They've had... what? Two success with this sort of thing in the past twenty-five years (Tyson and Trump)?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 30th, '20, 22:54

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 30th, '20, 21:09
cero2k wrote: Jan 30th, '20, 19:50 kinda funny how WWE spent all this money to bring in Ronda and Cain and in a way Fury, and none of them are really doing anything for WWE
Yup. It's almost like they haven't learned their lesson. They've had... what? Two success with this sort of thing in the past twenty-five years (Tyson and Trump)?
I'd call Rhonda a success, even if she didn't stick around the full two years. Fury has a fight next month, so it's not surprising he hasn't been around. Not sure what happened to Cain... he was telling people he was going to be in The Royal Rumble match, so I'm wondering if they're saving him for something...

Fantasy booking here... but maybe he pops up in NXT... ~maaaybe~ to shut up another MMA guy that likes to run his mouth...

Likely not, but if Cain's actually serious about sticking around, some time in Orlando would probably do him A LOT of good...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 31st, '20, 10:51

Thankfully. We really don't need another 3 months of *"I'm SO pissed off right now! Face*
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 31st, '20, 20:16

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 31st, '20, 10:51 Thankfully. We really don't need another 3 months of *"I'm SO pissed off right now! Face*
Who's that? Rhonda? C'mon man! She's cute as a button when she's all riled up!

The "...I don't care what the script says, I'm going to beat the shit out of you the next time I see you..." tweet might be my favorite thing ever typed by thumbs. Ever.

She's just adorable!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 31st, '20, 21:31

Bob-O wrote: Jan 31st, '20, 20:16
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 31st, '20, 10:51 Thankfully. We really don't need another 3 months of *"I'm SO pissed off right now! Face*
Who's that? Rhonda? C'mon man! She's cute as a button when she's all riled up!

The "...I don't care what the script says, I'm going to beat the shit out of you the next time I see you..." tweet might be my favorite thing ever typed by thumbs. Ever.

She's just adorable!
Too bad it literally never happened lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.