Daniel Bryan: ‘I Think I’m Just Done Being A Full-Time Wrestler'

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Daniel Bryan: ‘I Think I’m Just Done Being A Full-Time Wrestler'

Post by cero2k » Mar 19th, '20, 08:00

Source: wrestletalk.com

It seems as though 2020 could be the last year we see Daniel Bryan as a full-time in ring performer.

Bryan appeared on the latest Bella Twins podcast alongside wife Brie Bella and her sister Nikki to speak about the coming months, in which Brie is set to give birth to their second child.

Bryan revealed that WWE had agreed to give Bryan 6 weeks paternity leave, something he is very grateful for.
“WWE has been great, they’re going to give me 6 weeks of maternity leave, which so few places in the United States do that. So, I’ll get to be home that first 6 weeks, but after that it’s not long until my contract is up.”
He then admitted that it’s very likely that upon his return, he won’t be wrestling full-time, especially as his contract will be up later this year.
“We’ve been talking about what we do from there, but to me, in my mind, it’s almost… I think I’m just done being a full-time wrestler. You know what I mean?

“I love being a dad. I will always love wrestling. I will always love wrestling, and I will always want to do wrestling.

“But when I say ‘always want to do wrestling’ that means maybe once a month, or once every couple of months.”
At 38, Bryan is definitely one of the more experienced wrestlers in WWE, and while he can still go like anyone in terms of his physical performances, he doesn’t seem like the sort of person WWE will be wheeling out in 20 years time to have one last match in Saudi Arabia.

Big Red Machine

Re: Daniel Bryan: ‘I Think I’m Just Done Being A Full-Time Wrestler'

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 19th, '20, 08:12

I take this to mean that he'll be taking various indy dates as he pleases, plus setting things up so that he can work AEW, ROH, TNA, MLW, NJPW and whoever else he wants, because all of them would be crazy to say no to him, even if he is dimultaneously working someone else's TV.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 19th, '20, 09:25

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 19th, '20, 08:12 I take this to mean that he'll be taking various indy dates as he pleases, plus setting things up so that he can work AEW, ROH, TNA, MLW, NJPW and whoever else he wants, because all of them would be crazy to say no to him, even if he is dimultaneously working someone else's TV.
all of them except WWE, they would rather let him go altogether and pretend he never existed than to share him with the competition. I'm taking this as he wants the Taker schedule

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 19th, '20, 21:37

cero2k wrote: Mar 19th, '20, 09:25
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 19th, '20, 08:12 I take this to mean that he'll be taking various indy dates as he pleases, plus setting things up so that he can work AEW, ROH, TNA, MLW, NJPW and whoever else he wants, because all of them would be crazy to say no to him, even if he is dimultaneously working someone else's TV.
all of them except WWE, they would rather let him go altogether and pretend he never existed than to share him with the competition. I'm taking this as he wants the Taker schedule
'Taker or even Brock... he said he'd be open to once or twice a month. I know he's frugal, but I can't believe he'd go the not-WWE route in terms of being a dad and the stability they bring... Vince will pay him NOT to go work for other people, maybe even the leeway to work NJPW and come back to an open door like Jericho.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 20th, '20, 07:19

Bob-O wrote: Mar 19th, '20, 21:37
cero2k wrote: Mar 19th, '20, 09:25
'Taker or even Brock... he said he'd be open to once or twice a month. I know he's frugal, but I can't believe he'd go the not-WWE route in terms of being a dad and the stability they bring... Vince will pay him NOT to go work for other people, maybe even the leeway to work NJPW and come back to an open door like Jericho.
We all seem to be discounting he possibility that he might become a commentator or something like that.

It's also possible that they could book him like Gargano and Ciampa have been booked in NXT where they only wrestle a few times a year, but the booking does it's best to disguise that fact via storylines.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3