WWE WrestleMania 36 being filmed this week

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

WWE WrestleMania 36 being filmed this week

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 21st, '20, 21:05

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Josh Nason | @joshnason | Mar 21, 2020 3:56 pm

In one of the most bizarre periods of time for both professional wrestling and the world in general, this year's WWE WrestleMania will not be live and will instead be filmed this Wednesday and Thursday at the Performance Center in Orlando, FL.

The specifics were first reported by PWInsider's Mike Johnson and confirmed by both Dave Meltzer and POST Wrestling's John Pollock. This year's two night event will also feature segments and matches from other non-disclosed locations, but it's unclear when those will be taped.

Johnson confirmed this week's taping schedule which was first reported by Pollock Friday and confirmed by Meltzer. The next two SmackDowns were set to be filmed today (Saturday) while NXT content is on deck for Sunday. On Monday, the next two Monday Night Raws will be filmed with WrestleMania coming the two days after that.

What happens after the two nights of WrestleMania, scheduled for Saturday, April 4th, and Sunday, April 5th, is still unclear as the world struggles with the coronavirus pandemic. As many states enact 'shelter in place' mandates in an effort to curb the spread of the virus, Florida has yet to do so. However, that may be taken out of their hands if the United States decides to take a more aggressive step in that direction.

WrestleMania was scheduled for a one day event in Tampa, FL, before WWE announced the decision to run the show in their Performance Center in front of no fans instead. There will be no Hall of Fame or TakeOver as part of the lead-up as in years past.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: WWE WrestleMania 36 being filmed this week

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 21st, '20, 21:06

My first thought was "so how can I to avoid spoilers? But then I realized that I'm not really sure there are any matches I'm excited enough about to want to avoid spoilers for. MAYBE Becky vs. Baszler?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 22nd, '20, 13:43

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 21st, '20, 21:06 My first thought was "so how can I to avoid spoilers? But then I realized that I'm not really sure there are any matches I'm excited enough about to want to avoid spoilers for. MAYBE Becky vs. Baszler?
I think it's important to avoid spoilers, cuz otherwise you'll confirm it's not worth checking out at all. If you avoid them, at least you may still be curious.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 22nd, '20, 14:45

cero2k wrote: Mar 22nd, '20, 13:43
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 21st, '20, 21:06 My first thought was "so how can I to avoid spoilers? But then I realized that I'm not really sure there are any matches I'm excited enough about to want to avoid spoilers for. MAYBE Becky vs. Baszler?
I think it's important to avoid spoilers, cuz otherwise you'll confirm it's not worth checking out at all. If you avoid them, at least you may still be curious.
I mean... it's WrestleMania. It will be hard not to watch it, and especially if I know it's not going to be a terrible marathon.

I guess you can add Drew vs. Brock to the list of matches I'm curious about, and if we actually do wind up getting something like Dragon/Gulak/? vs. Zayn/Cesaro/Nakamura I'll definitely want to see it, plus there will wind up being stuff like Edge vs. Orton that will definitely be worth seeing. It's just ore of a thing where there isn't any match that I really feel will lose some major excitement point by having it spoiled (matches on night 2 of the G1 are still awesome, but if you give me the choice between having a match on night 2 spoiled or having one of the block finals spoiled, I'm picking night 2 every time).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation