Alberto Del Rio arrested, accused of sexual assault

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Alberto Del Rio arrested, accused of sexual assault

Post by Big Red Machine » May 10th, '20, 21:02

https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestli ... ult-310661

By Bryan Rose | @br26 | May 10, 2020 6:46 pm

Note: This story has been updated with additional information.

Jose Rodriguez, best known under ring names Alberto Del Rio and Alberto El Patron, has been arrested on sexual assault charges.

According to an NBC affiliate in San Antonio, Texas, Rodriguez allegedly sexually assaulted the victim after he accused her of being unfaithful. According to an affidavit, she said Rodriguez became angry after she wouldn't admit to infidelity. He slapped her repeatedly in the back of the head. The victim said that Rodriguez forced her downstairs, made her wear a dress and dance for him. She told police that Rodriguez said for her not to cry because if she did, he would take her son and "drop him off in the middle of the road somewhere".

The arrest paperwork then alleged that Rodriguez tied the woman's hands with boxing straps, put a sock in her mouth and sexually assaulted her for several hours using various objects. The paperwork also said that Rodriguez punched the victim in the back, causing visible injuries. The victim told detectives she did not remember much after he placed his hand around their throat.

The victim told police that Rodriguez had assaulted her on more than one occasion.

TMZ later confirmed that Rodriguez is still in custody.

Rodriguez, who has largely wrestled in Mexico for the last year, most recently fought against Tito Ortiz on a Combate Americas card back in December. He lost via first round submission
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: Alberto Del Rio arrested, accused of sexual assault

Post by XIV » May 11th, '20, 02:03

This is a serious allegation which in the UK would potentially carry a severe 15+ year sentence, I can't imagine that other places would too far away from this.
Whether he is ultimately, charged. found guilty or let go with no further action, very few mainstream companies will now hire him.
He's no longer young, this will drag out for a period of time and I think just too much water has burst the banks and broken all of his bridges.

I'd consider him mostly done.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 11th, '20, 08:42

XIV wrote: May 11th, '20, 02:03 This is a serious allegation which in the UK would potentially carry a severe 15+ year sentence, I can't imagine that other places would too far away from this.
Whether he is ultimately, charged. found guilty or let go with no further action, very few mainstream companies will now hire him.
He's no longer young, this will drag out for a period of time and I think just too much water has burst the banks and broken all of his bridges.

i believe he's out right now with $50K bail. This is a repeat offense nonetheless, he needs to stay locked up

XIV

Post by XIV » May 12th, '20, 00:58

cero2k wrote: May 11th, '20, 08:42
XIV wrote: May 11th, '20, 02:03 This is a serious allegation which in the UK would potentially carry a severe 15+ year sentence, I can't imagine that other places would too far away from this.

i believe he's out right now with $50K bail. This is a repeat offense nonetheless, he needs to stay locked up
I analyse criminals and assess risk of release for a living and let me tell you something...

This guy has some seriously poor emotional management, he has the anti-social attitude that he can take what he wants, negative attitudes towards women and a level of self-entitlement. Probably narcissistic and an anti-social personality disorder.

These are consistent patterns in behaviour, not just in his offending, but also in his conduct with companies and look at the whole very public Paige relationship.

If he has done this offence, it is sadistic, done over a sustained period of time and he should absolutely be incarcerated for the protection of the public.
Have A Nice Day!