Shad Gaspard missing after getting caught in rip current

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Shad Gaspard missing after getting caught in rip current

Post by cero2k » May 18th, '20, 11:54

src: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/shad ... ent-311221

Former WWE wrestler Shad Gaspard is currently missing after being caught in a rip current while swimming at Venice Beach, California on Sunday (May 17).

TMZ reported today that police are desperately searching for Gaspard after he and his son "were among a group of swimmers caught in a strong rip current around 4 PM -- with lifeguards racing into the water to pull everyone out." The report states that Gaspard's son was rescued, with one witness telling them that Gaspard directed rescuers to help his son first.

TMZ wrote that the last time Gaspard was seen was when another big wave crashed down on him during the rescue. An official with the Los Angeles Fire Department told media they believe Gaspard "did submerge."

Divers and helicopters have been used in the search for Gaspard.

Gaspard was at the beach with his son and his wife Siliana. A graphic Siliana posted says Gaspard was last seen at Marina Del Rey Beach. Anyone who has seen him is urged to call 911 or contact his family.

Gaspard teamed together with JTG as Cryme Tyme during his WWE career. Gaspard's projects outside of the ring have included acting and writing.

XIV

Re: Shad Gaspard missing after getting caught in rip current

Post by XIV » May 18th, '20, 12:27

I was just reading about this.
Not being found immediately likely means he's dead unfortunately.
Water currents are not joke.
His only hope is drifting to a buoy, but that would be in the near vicinity and would have likely been found already if that was the case.
Sad for his family, especially his son being part of that.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 18th, '20, 13:20

Yet another reason why swimming pools are much better than beaches. Rip currents are genuinely terrifying. Poor guy.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 20th, '20, 09:18

UPDATE

Shad Gaspard's body found in Venice Beach
src: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/shad ... ach-311381

The Los Angeles County coroner confirmed the body of former WWE wrestler Shad Gaspard was found near a lifeguard tower in Venice Beach, CA, early Wednesday morning.

Two people walking on the beach at low tide at 1:30 AM local time reported the body to local police who then contacted the the L.A. fire department to investigate. Officials confirmed there were no signs of foul play.

While swimming in the Pacific Ocean with his 10-year-old son and other swimmers Sunday, Gaspard was caught in a strong rip current. He directed lifeguards to save his son first before disappearing after a wave crashed down on him, submerging him. The U.S. Coast Guard suspended their search Tuesday after searching for nearly 17 hours.

Gaspard was 39 years old.

He was signed by WWE to a developmental deal in 2005 and he and Jayson Paul (JTG) made their WWE Raw debut as Cryme Tyme in October 2006. He remained in WWE until his release in November 2010. Wrestling sparingly since then, he was trying to make it as an actor in Hollywood.

XIV

Post by XIV » May 20th, '20, 09:29

Unfortunate inevitability. Sad for his family.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 20th, '20, 12:43

I didn't know this until yesterday, but he and Mohamed Hassan wrote a graphic novel together. I'm trying to find somewhere to buy a copy of it. It seems like it could be good.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » May 21st, '20, 01:07

Big Red Machine wrote: May 20th, '20, 12:43 I didn't know this until yesterday, but he and Mohamed Hassan wrote a graphic novel together. I'm trying to find somewhere to buy a copy of it. It seems like it could be good.
What was it about?
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 21st, '20, 01:32

XIV wrote: May 21st, '20, 01:07
Big Red Machine wrote: May 20th, '20, 12:43 I didn't know this until yesterday, but he and Mohamed Hassan wrote a graphic novel together. I'm trying to find somewhere to buy a copy of it. It seems like it could be good.
What was it about?
A former hitman who tries to get out of the business but his associates won't let him so they murder his wife in front of him and his ten year old son, so the father and the son embark on a campaign of revenge.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 21st, '20, 01:46

Big Red Machine wrote: May 21st, '20, 01:32
What was it about?
A former hitman who tries to get out of the business but his associates won't let him so they murder his wife in front of him and his ten year old son, so the father and the son embark on a campaign of revenge.
Isn't that essentially Spawn with a tweak or two?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 21st, '20, 01:56

KILLdozer wrote: May 21st, '20, 01:46

What was it about?
Not even close.

In Spawn it's him who is dead, not the wife, Spawn isn't seeking revenge, there's no kid involved, Spawn is a supernatural comic and this one isn't.

Not even close.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 21st, '20, 03:22

Big Red Machine wrote: May 21st, '20, 01:56
KILLdozer wrote: May 21st, '20, 01:46

Not even close.

In Spawn it's him whose is dead, not the wife, Spawn isn't seeking revenge, there's no kid involved, Spawn is a supernatural comic and this one isn't.

Not even close.
Well...never read a comic in my life!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » May 21st, '20, 04:46

What was it about?
This sounds f'in sweet!
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Post by XIV » May 21st, '20, 04:53

Look at the news on it, it's called "Assassin & Son: Path of Vengeance" and #1 goes on sale in the UK on 27th May and due to be monthly.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 21st, '20, 08:35

XIV wrote: May 21st, '20, 04:53 Look at the news on it, it's called "Assassin & Son: Path of Vengeance" and #1 goes on sale in the UK on 27th May and due to be monthly.
If it's not out yet, that explain why I can't find it.

Seems like a good way to give something to the family, and explore a dimension of this man that I never new existed until now. I'm always interested to see how wrestlers handle other forms of storytelling.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » May 21st, '20, 15:00

Big Red Machine wrote: May 21st, '20, 08:35
XIV wrote: May 21st, '20, 04:53 Look at the news on it, it's called "Assassin & Son: Path of Vengeance" and #1 goes on sale in the UK on 27th May and due to be monthly.
If it's not out yet, that explain why I can't find it.

Seems like a good way to give something to the family, and explore a dimension of this man that I never new existed until now. I'm always interested to see how wrestlers handle other forms of storytelling.
I hope that it continues.
I’ll definitely be getting the first one to try it out!
Have A Nice Day!