WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Post Reply
User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19846
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by cero2k » Jun 16th, '20, 09:35

Source: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe- ... -19-313371

In a statement issued on Monday night, WWE announced that a developmental talent has tested positive for COVID-19.

The statement was from WWE associate medical director Dr. Jeffrey Dugas. It noted that the person who tested positive was last at the Performance Center on June 9. No other individuals that attended the Performance Center have reported symptoms, but "all talent, production crew and employees on site at the training and production facilities will be tested for COVID-19 immediately."

WWE plans to continue with its normal television production schedule following those test results.

The full statement is available below:
A developmental talent, who was last on site at WWE’s training facility on Tuesday, June 9, has tested positive for COVID-19. Since that time, no other individuals that attended the facility have reported symptoms. However, out of an abundance of caution and to ensure the health and safety of the company's performers and staff, all talent, production crew and employees on site at the training and production facilities will be tested for COVID-19 immediately. Following the test results, WWE plans to proceed with its normal television production schedule.
NXT/Performance Center wrestlers have been in the crowd as fans for WWE television shows since the May 25 episode of Raw. Tonight's Raw was the first show to include a small amount of fans in the crowd in addition to the NXT/Performance Center wrestlers.



***********************************************

UPDATE: WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings due to positive COVID-19 test
https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe- ... est-313381

WWE has canceled tomorrow's scheduled Raw and Smackdown tapings due to a developmental wrestler testing positive for COVID-19 who was at the NXT tapings this past Tuesday.

The plan is for all key members of the staff that works the shows as well as all the talent to be tested tomorrow, which would be the first COVID-19 testing the company has done.

Next week’s episodes of Raw (June 22) and SmackDown (June 26) will be taped on Wednesday, as well as 205 Live. NXT will also be taped on Wednesday.

WWE issued the following statement tonight regarding the positive test:
A developmental talent, who was last on site at WWE’s training facility on Tuesday, June 9, has tested positive for COVID-19. Since that time, no other individuals that attended the facility have reported symptoms. However, out of an abundance of caution and to ensure the health and safety of the company's performers and staff, all talent, production crew and employees on site at the training and production facilities will be tested for COVID-19 immediately. Following the test results, WWE plans to proceed with its normal television production schedule.
Image

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19846
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by cero2k » Jun 16th, '20, 09:40

This company had been telling the 'crowd' that if they wanted to wear a mask, then to not come at all.

THEN. NOW. And FOREVER. FUCK VINCE McMAHON AND WWE!
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25242
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 16th, '20, 10:24

Speaking of potential lawsuits...
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19846
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by cero2k » Jun 16th, '20, 11:19

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 10:24
Speaking of potential lawsuits...
no joke, they said that they're finally going to test everyone FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, and if more people come out positive, it's gonna be bad, really bad.
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25242
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 16th, '20, 11:28

cero2k wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 11:19
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 10:24
Speaking of potential lawsuits...
no joke, they said that they're finally going to test everyone FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, and if more people come out positive, it's gonna be bad, really bad.
That one is a risk talent are taking by showing up. That, ultimately, is on the talent's choice. It's the whole "don't show up if you're going to wear a mask" thing (which I hadn't heard before you mentioned it) which is what really opens them up to a lawsuit to me because they're are telling people not to take active measures to protect themselves.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5909
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 16th, '20, 11:48

I mean so many just don't give a shit and/or don't believe in this virus shit anyway so why would Vince Mcmahon.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19846
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by cero2k » Jun 16th, '20, 11:52

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 11:28
That one is a risk talent are taking by showing up. That, ultimately, is on the talent's choice. It's the whole "don't show up if you're going to wear a mask" thing (which I hadn't heard before you mentioned it) which is what really opens them up to a lawsuit to me because they're are telling people not to take active measures to protect themselves.
dude, stop excusing the company. WWE NEEDED to be doing testing from day 1 if they were going to be running shows, they're fucking BILLIONAIRES and can't do more than check temperatures at the door, for fucks sake. Talent are scared shit they're gonna get fired for not showing up, especially after the company tells you to not even bother coming to work if you want to BE SAFE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH! there is ZERO excuse for the company, Vince McMahon and his whole family and friends are pieces of shit.
I mean so many just don't give a shit and/or don't believe in this virus shit anyway so why would Vince Mcmahon.
It's not that he doesn't believe, he perfectly knows its real, he just doesn't give a single shit about the health of the people. He had 71 yr old Ric Flair right there in the same place where people are testing positive. He's a piece of shit.
Image

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5909
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 16th, '20, 11:55

cero2k wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 11:52
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 11:28
That one is a risk talent are taking by showing up. That, ultimately, is on the talent's choice. It's the whole "don't show up if you're going to wear a mask" thing (which I hadn't heard before you mentioned it) which is what really opens them up to a lawsuit to me because they're are telling people not to take active measures to protect themselves.
dude, stop excusing the company. WWE NEEDED to be doing testing from day 1 if they were going to be running shows, they're fucking BILLIONAIRES and can't do more than check temperatures at the door, for fucks sake. Talent are scared shit they're gonna get fired for not showing up, especially after the company tells you to not even bother coming to work if you want to BE SAFE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH! there is ZERO excuse for the company, Vince McMahon and his whole family and friends are pieces of shit.
I mean so many just don't give a shit and/or don't believe in this virus shit anyway so why would Vince Mcmahon.
It's not that he doesn't believe, he perfectly knows its real, he just doesn't give a single shit about the health of the people. He had 71 yr old Ric Flair right there in the same place where people are testing positive. He's a piece of shit.
Said it since the beginning- there's no reason wrestling should still be happening right now at all. People can go work or play videya games or for THE LOVE OF PETE watch the network. All that stay home shit DID NOT exempt wrestlers.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19846
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by cero2k » Jun 16th, '20, 12:07

KILLdozer wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 11:55

Said it since the beginning- there's no reason wrestling should still be happening right now at all. People can go work or play videya games or for THE LOVE OF PETE watch the network. All that stay home shit DID NOT exempt wrestlers.
150% THIS. Wrestling is not an essential business. SPORTS are not essential business.
Image

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5909
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 16th, '20, 12:23

cero2k wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 12:07
KILLdozer wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 11:55

Said it since the beginning- there's no reason wrestling should still be happening right now at all. People can go work or play videya games or for THE LOVE OF PETE watch the network. All that stay home shit DID NOT exempt wrestlers.
150% THIS. Wrestling is not an essential business. SPORTS are not essential business.
I'm just gonna call it what it is: it's choreographed, scripted fighting, which is NOT a needed factor of ANYONE'S life.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25242
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 16th, '20, 12:33

cero2k wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 11:52
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 11:28
That one is a risk talent are taking by showing up. That, ultimately, is on the talent's choice. It's the whole "don't show up if you're going to wear a mask" thing (which I hadn't heard before you mentioned it) which is what really opens them up to a lawsuit to me because they're are telling people not to take active measures to protect themselves.
dude, stop excusing the company. WWE NEEDED to be doing testing from day 1 if they were going to be running shows, they're fucking BILLIONAIRES and can't do more than check temperatures at the door, for fucks sake. Talent are scared shit they're gonna get fired for not showing up, especially after the company tells you to not even bother coming to work if you want to BE SAFE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH! there is ZERO excuse for the company, Vince McMahon and his whole family and friends are pieces of shit.

I'm not excusing the company at al. I agree that they should have been testing from day one, but that doesn't mean there are legal grounds for a lawsuit!
You say talent are worried about getting fired for not showing up? That doesn't seem to have been much of an issue in who got fired and who didn't. It's understandable that they're worried, but until you have evidence that such things are actually happening, you have zero legal argument, and lawsuits need to be based on facts and legal precedent. Just because they're billionaires and bad people doesn't mean they don't get the same legal protections as everyone else.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25242
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 16th, '20, 12:35

cero2k wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 12:07

150% THIS. Wrestling is not an essential business. SPORTS are not essential business.
And yet I haven't heard a peep from you about AEW. Testing or not, people aren't wearing masks there, and you can easily transmit the virus to someone by breathing on them while getting tested. Tests are not foolproof. My uncle had pretty much all of the symptoms and was sick as hell and his test came back negative.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19846
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by cero2k » Jun 16th, '20, 14:16

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 12:35
cero2k wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 12:07

150% THIS. Wrestling is not an essential business. SPORTS are not essential business.
And yet I haven't heard a peep from you about AEW. Testing or not, people aren't wearing masks there, and you can easily transmit the virus to someone by breathing on them while getting tested. Tests are not foolproof. My uncle had pretty much all of the symptoms and was sick as hell and his test came back negative.
I've said it before that they also shouldn't be running, but at least they're testing, actual testing, at least the people there get the CHOICE to use masks if they want. Yes, they're not forcing it, but they sure as hell are not telling you to not show up if you want to wear a mask. I don't have to bring up AEW because even if they're pushing to keep running, they're treating this far more seriously and they try to protect their people faaar more.
Image

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5909
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 16th, '20, 17:34

Maybe, which doesn't make it any better...these fuckin ' shitasses just mean by "if you're gonna come in here with masks on don't even bother...", because only gonna do so much for you if you're going to some big packed wrestling show.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19846
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: WWE developmental talent tests positive for COVID-19, WWE postpones Tuesday TV tapings

Post by cero2k » Jun 16th, '20, 18:54

KILLdozer wrote:
Jun 16th, '20, 17:34
Maybe, which doesn't make it any better...these fuckin ' shitasses just mean by "if you're gonna come in here with masks on don't even bother...", because only gonna do so much for you if you're going to some big packed wrestling show.
They legit said that because they were 6-feet apart, they didn't think it was necessary to have masks. That's some redneck excuse at the local Walmart if I've ever seen one. They can't even own their own mishandling.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests