Impact Wrestling Releases Joey Ryan & Dave Crist, Michael Elgin Suspended

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Impact Wrestling Releases Joey Ryan & Dave Crist, Michael Elgin Suspended

Post by cero2k » Jun 22nd, '20, 21:57

Source: https://411mania.com/wrestling/impact-w ... suspended/

It’s official: Joey Ryan and Dave Crist are gone from Impact Wrestling, while Michael Elgin is suspended. Impact announced on Monday night that Ryan and Crist have had their contracts terminated effective immediately, while the company has “suspended Michael Elgin pending further review of allegations of misconduct.”

Ryan has been hit by at least 15 allegations of sexual misconduct in the last several days as wrestlers have spoken out to tell their stories of abuse, which led to his Bar Wrestling promotion shutting down. Crist has also been accused of sexual misconduct, specifically of sexually grooming a woman and sending her unwanted explicit photos, as well as an accusation of abuse and sexual assault by an ex-girlfriend.

Elgin, meanwhile, was accused of sending unwanted sexual photos which has brought allegations back to light of other past misdeeds such as his alleged cover-up of a wrestler who worked for his Glory Pro Wrestling company and was accused of sexual assault in 2017.

Ryan was set to be part of a six-man tag team match along with Rob Van Dam and Jacob Crist against Crazzy Steve and two mystery wrestlers on this week’s Impact, but PWInsider reports that the company worked all day on Monday to remove any traces of Ryan from the show and the match will not be shown. There is no word on how Jacob Crist, RVD or Katie Forbes will be used going forward, though Impact has removed Dave Crist and #CancelCulture (which served as the profile page for all its members) from its official website already.

Big Red Machine

Re: Impact Wrestling Releases Joey Ryan & Dave Crist, Michael Elgin Suspended

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 22nd, '20, 23:54

Sami Callihan is still employed. If you're going to clean house, clean house.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 23rd, '20, 10:39

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 22nd, '20, 23:54 Sami Callihan is still employed. If you're going to clean house, clean house.
I don't think a single promotion has done retroactive firings, and while Joey Ryan and Dave Crist are easy firings, i'm glad they also addressed Elgin's that got somewhat drowned in the pile.

I'm still waiting for AEW to be more precise on what happens to Havoc and for WWE to do anything at all with NXTUK. For that matter, I don't think any ROH names came out, right?

on a side note, not sure if you had followed, but ironically (is it irony?) that Joey Ryan had stopped the groping gimmick and was now doing a cancel culture one.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 23rd, '20, 11:04

cero2k wrote: Jun 23rd, '20, 10:39
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 22nd, '20, 23:54 Sami Callihan is still employed. If you're going to clean house, clean house.
I don't think a single promotion has done retroactive firings, and while Joey Ryan and Dave Crist are easy firings, i'm glad they also addressed Elgin's that got somewhat drowned in the pile.

I'm still waiting for AEW to be more precise on what happens to Havoc and for WWE to do anything at all with NXTUK. For that matter, I don't think any ROH names came out, right?
No ROH names other than the wild and non-percise accusation that Scurll is a pedophile.

From NXT UK, Gallagher was fired, everyone else is being investigated.

cero2k wrote: Jun 23rd, '20, 10:39 on a side note, not sure if you had followed, but ironically (is it irony?) that Joey Ryan had stopped the groping gimmick and was now doing a cancel culture one.
Yes, this is irony

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 23rd, '20, 11:10

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 23rd, '20, 11:04
only acting on him lets me think they had some really strong evidence already, or just wanted to get rid of him anyway, but eitherway, they need to act on the rest.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 23rd, '20, 11:18

cero2k wrote: Jun 23rd, '20, 11:10
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 23rd, '20, 11:04
only acting on him lets me think they had some really strong evidence already, or just wanted to get rid of him anyway, but eitherway, they need to act on the rest.
Right.

The point Wade Keller has made is that they might have evidence or statements that we don't know about, and that they're not supposed to be talking about for lawyer reasons. My guess is that it's probably true at least in the case of Riddle, just because that's the one where a lawyer has publicly been involved.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation