ROH launches investigation into accusations made against talent

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

ROH launches investigation into accusations made against talent

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 12:45

source: https://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/ro ... ent-314131

Ring of Honor has launched an investigation into accusations made against its talent during the #SpeakingOut movement.

In ROH's statement announcing the investigation, it was said that the promotion will provide an update on the investigation once it concludes. ROH's full statement is available below:
At Ring of Honor, we pride ourselves on the respectful and inclusive environment we have built, one that ensures all employees can work in a place where they feel safe and respected.

We take these matters extremely seriously and have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to this type of behavior.

Ring of Honor has launched an immediate investigation into the claims made against its currently contracted wrestlers. We will update you on our investigation once it concludes.
ROH's Marty Scurll issued two statements earlier this week after being accused of sexually abusing an inebriated 16-year-old girl in 2015.

"In 2015 after a wrestling event in the UK, I had a brief consensual sexual encounter with a woman. In that moment, at a bar, in those circumstances, I had no cause to question her age. I don't say any of this lightly or to seek absolution for my ignorance. Although I did not become aware of her age until after the encounter, the reality of the age disparity is not lost on me. I understand that although our encounter was technically legal in the UK, my lack of good judgment that evening has disappointed many fans," Scurll wrote in a portion of his second statement.

It was confirmed this January that Scurll signed a new deal with ROH and is now part of the promotion's booking team.