WWE Raw ratings down, still well above pre-ThunderDome levels

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

WWE Raw ratings down, still well above pre-ThunderDome levels

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 1st, '20, 16:02

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe- ... els-319106

By Dave Meltzer | @davemeltzerWON | Sep 1, 2020 1:54 pm

The second Raw in the ThunderDome, going against strong sports competition, averaged 1.90 million viewers and a 0.58 rating in 18-49.

Those numbers were down seven percent in viewers and 13 percent in 18-49 from last week's strong Raw debut in the new arena and day after SummerSlam episode. But the numbers were still far above what the show did during most of the pandemic. They are still well below pre-pandemic numbers as the last full month average before the pandemic was 2.29 million viewers, 0.74 in 18-49, and 0.53 in 18-34.

Raw went head-to-head with the NBA on TNT, which did 2.39 million viewers and 0.96 in 18-49 for the game against the first 90 minutes of Raw, and 2.84 million viewers and 1.19 in 18-49 for the game against the last 90 minutes of Raw. The NHL playoff game on NBC Sports Network did 1.42 million viewers and 0.45 in 18-49.

Raw was 23rd overall last night, and fifth if you factor out news coverage. In 18-49, Raw was fifth behind the two NBA games, 90 Day Fiance, and Below Deck Mediterranean. Raw was fourth in males 18-49 behind the NBA and the NBA post-game show, seventh in 18-34, and sixth in males 12-34.

The big story was a 19 percent first-to-third hour drop. It seems to indicate more interest than usual coming off Payback, but more audience loss than has been the case in recent weeks. That indicates people were not as interested in the three-way to determine the title contender at Clash of Champions as compared to other recent main events.

The first-to-third hour drops were 18 percent with women 18-49, 15 percent with males 18-49, a 19 percent increase during that time period among teenage girls, a 25 percent decrease in teenage boys, and a 20 percent decrease in over 50. The latter number is the big difference maker and far more of a drop than is usual.

Raw was down 24 percent in viewers, 30 percent in 18-49, and 40 percent in 18-34 as compared to the same week last year.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.10 million viewers
9 p.m. 1.88 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.70 million viewers
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: WWE Raw ratings down, still well above pre-ThunderDome levels

Post by cero2k » Sep 1st, '20, 16:50

almost half a million people dropped from hour 1 to 3, all the people that came back do to Retributions and Thunderdomes and Big Dawgs and Underground matches are once again starting to fall slowly. They're gonna be back to their low numbers soon

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 1st, '20, 17:27

cero2k wrote: Sep 1st, '20, 16:50 almost half a million people dropped from hour 1 to 3, all the people that came back do to Retributions and Thunderdomes and Big Dawgs and Underground matches are once again starting to fall slowly. They're gonna be back to their low numbers soon
Well Reigns would be SD, but I don't think these people came for Retribution, either. I think these are just slightly higher post-PPV numbers. My guess is that they're back to normal next week rather than a gradual fall.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 1st, '20, 18:17

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 1st, '20, 17:27
Well Reigns would be SD, but I don't think these people came for Retribution, either. I think these are just slightly higher post-PPV numbers. My guess is that they're back to normal next week rather than a gradual fall.
Wasn't Reigns on RAW last week? But you're right, they're both post-ppv RAWs. I also have to imagine that some people have kept up with Retribution because at this point, there should be some developments in the story.

It reminds me of a joke from Alvarez some weeks back: Aces and Eights had a viewing party for retribution and it was a laughing stock

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 1st, '20, 22:36

Roman wasn't on Raw last week. They just kept plugging the contract signing.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation