Vince McMahon, WWE give talents 30 days to end third party deals

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Vince McMahon, WWE give talents 30 days to end third party deals

Post by cero2k » Sep 9th, '20, 10:38

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 8th, '20, 12:24
Climate change is irrelevant here. Just because they're more guilty on that (and I don't think it's fair to blame WWE for being a big contributor to climate change) doesn't mean they're more guilty here.
Also your analogy is unfair to the talent. They're adults making their own choices. They're not drug addicts. Don't say they're "addicted to fortune and fame." They're adults making choices about what is important to them.
Yeah, choices made based on getting more money and fame, no one is in WWE for the 'art of wrestling'.

Big Red Machine

Re: Vince McMahon, WWE give talents 30 days to end third party deals

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 9th, '20, 11:57

cero2k wrote: Sep 9th, '20, 10:38
Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 8th, '20, 12:24
Climate change is irrelevant here. Just because they're more guilty on that (and I don't think it's fair to blame WWE for being a big contributor to climate change) doesn't mean they're more guilty here.
Also your analogy is unfair to the talent. They're adults making their own choices. They're not drug addicts. Don't say they're "addicted to fortune and fame." They're adults making choices about what is important to them.
Yeah, choices made based on getting more money and fame, no one is in WWE for the 'art of wrestling'.
I'm not sure that's true. My guess would be that if you asked Bray Wyatt or Charlotte or The Miz, what they are doing is their version of the art of wrestling. It might not be what we like, and it's probably a consequence of either grown up just a WWE fan and/or coming up through WWE's system, but I don't think it's fair to say that they're not doing it for their version of the "art" of it (and Miz and Bray in particular).
I don't think New Day would be acting any different on the indies (maybe Woods would be doing more cosplay, but that's about it). A lot of people in NXT have been basically the same character. The Kevin Owens we have now isn't much different from the babyface Kevin Steen we got in 2013-2014. If they think they're getting the same artistic freedom (other than maybe not being able to cuss) then I don't think it's fair to call them sellouts.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3