Eva Marie set to return to WWE

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Eva Marie set to return to WWE

Post by cero2k » Oct 12th, '20, 17:55

src: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/eva- ... wwe-322406

After being gone for three years, Eva Marie is returning to WWE.

Dave Meltzer has confirmed that Eva Marie is set to return to the company. This was first reported by Cultaholic. PWInsider additionally reported that Marie is in Orlando for this week’s tapings and is currently undergoing additional testing. An agreement regarding a return came the week of 9/20. It isn't immediately clear if she will be returning as a wrestler or as a personality.

Marie was signed to a WWE developmental deal back in 2013 and was picked to be a part of the first season of Total Divas. She soon started to appear on the main roster and worked matches, despite having little training.

She moved to NXT in 2015, then returned to the main roster a year later. Following the new brand split, Marie was sent to SmackDown and started a new gimmick with a lengthy narration introducing her before each match. Her gimmick also had her faking events that would prevent her from wrestling.

In August of 2017, Marie announced that she had parted ways with WWE. She has since started her own YouTube channel and appeared as a cast member on the second season of Celebrity Big Brother.

Serujuunin

Re: Eva Marie set to return to WWE

Post by Serujuunin » Oct 12th, '20, 20:25

Oh god please no.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 12th, '20, 21:44

Cero, please tell me that October 12th is some sort of second April Fool's Day type of thing in your culture.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 12th, '20, 22:43

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 12th, '20, 21:44 Cero, please tell me that October 12th is some sort of second April Fool's Day type of thing in your culture.
I originally thought it was just dirt sheet crap from Cultaholic, but I guess Meltz confirmed true.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 13th, '20, 14:36

I will be a fan of this if they acknowledge that she finally got over the "harassment from fans" that caused her to no show her last match in 2016
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 13th, '20, 16:55

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 13th, '20, 14:36 I will be a fan of this if they acknowledge that she finally got over the "harassment from fans" that caused her to no show her last match in 2016
She showed no interest in the business and no aptitude for it. How can you possibly be in favor of this in any way? Her exit was perfectly fine and kayfabe acceptable, and she was portrayed as (and came off in real life as) the sort of person who you don't want to see overcome such things because she deserved the massive amounts of shade she got.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 14th, '20, 08:13

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 13th, '20, 16:55
She showed no interest in the business and no aptitude for it. How can you possibly be in favor of this in any way? Her exit was perfectly fine and kayfabe acceptable, and she was portrayed as (and came off in real life as) the sort of person who you don't want to see overcome such things because she deserved the massive amounts of shade she got.
We've known each other for, what, a decade now, and you haven't picked up on the fact that IWC disgruntlement brings me joy?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 14th, '20, 08:20

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 14th, '20, 08:13
We've known each other for, what, a decade now, and you haven't picked up on the fact that IWC disgruntlement brings me joy?
I figured your contrarianism had some sort of limit.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 14th, '20, 14:13

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 14th, '20, 08:20
NWK2000 wrote: Oct 14th, '20, 08:13
I figured your contrarianism had some sort of limit.
FOR HE IS....LIMITLESS.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 15th, '20, 08:58

FOR HE IS...BRETT BIRNBERG PART 2.. .🤦‍♂️
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 15th, '20, 09:00

I also saw her in a video just the other day where she Sliced Bread and just barely got over enough to not drop her own self on her head...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 15th, '20, 09:26

KILLdozer wrote: Oct 15th, '20, 09:00 I also saw her in a video just the other day where she Sliced Bread and just barely got over enough to not drop her own self on her head...
So basically the same thing Shotzi Blackheart did two weeks ago on NXT, and they sure do love pushing Shotzi.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 15th, '20, 11:07

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 15th, '20, 09:26
KILLdozer wrote: Oct 15th, '20, 09:00 I also saw her in a video just the other day where she Sliced Bread and just barely got over enough to not drop her own self on her head...
So basically the same thing Shotzi Blackheart did two weeks ago on NXT, and they sure do love pushing Shotzi.
Yeah that's actually exactly what I thought of, and you could even hear gasps of concern as well. So hopefully she doesn't do lots of in-ring stuff just for her own safety...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Oct 16th, '20, 16:52

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 15th, '20, 09:26
At least Shotzi does it with some energy. Eva Marie just looks like a wet piece of cardboard, and has about as much charisma. To me, it feels like every time she’s in the ring she’s just phoning it in.

(And I don’t even like Shotzi.)