Ethan Page, Sami Callihan Free Agency News, Taya's Contract Also Up Soon

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Ethan Page, Sami Callihan Free Agency News, Taya's Contract Also Up Soon

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '20, 18:43

https://www.sescoops.com/ethan-page-sam ... ency-news/

By Ian Carey
December 12, 2020

Impact Wrestling’s Ethan Page and Sami Callihan reportedly both have contracts that expire at the end of the year. According to a recent report from PW Insider, one is expected to leave the promotion and the other is expected to stay.

Sami Callihan, a former Impact World Champion, is expected to stay with the company. Callihan debuted for the promotion in late 2017 and has been a featured performer since the current management regime came in around the same time.

Ethan Page, 1/2 of the North, is expected to leave the promotion at the end of the month. His tag-team partner, Josh Alexander, still has somewhere around 9 months left on his deal. Page recently spoke to SI.com about his pending free agency.

“Impact has been amazing. They’re allowing me the opportunity to chat with other companies, and they’re handling this in an extremely professional manner. I’m open to chatting with other people, but my interest is hearing how Impact values me and what they’re willing to offer,” he said.

Some dissension was teased between Page and his partner on this week’s episode of Impact Wrestling.

Taya Valkyrie’s contract with Impact also expires at the end of the month. There is no word on where she might end up, however.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Ethan Page, Sami Callihan Free Agency News, Taya's Contract Also Up Soon

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '20, 21:04

Callihan i'm sure is gonna try to use this AEW Impact cross over to get a contract there, but I don't think they'd give him one. Page i have no idea where he is going, but if he breaks up the north, i think he's gonna get lost in the shuffle again, karate man and all.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '20, 21:15

cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 21:04 Callihan i'm sure is gonna try to use this AEW Impact cross over to get a contract there, but I don't think they'd give him one. Page i have no idea where he is going, but if he breaks up the north, i think he's gonna get lost in the shuffle again, karate man and all.
Agreed on all points. Page seems like something of a Bridge-Burner, but he seems pretty much out of places to go (assuming he won't go to ROH if his view on Delirious hasn't changed).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '20, 22:08

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 21:15
cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 21:04 Callihan i'm sure is gonna try to use this AEW Impact cross over to get a contract there, but I don't think they'd give him one. Page i have no idea where he is going, but if he breaks up the north, i think he's gonna get lost in the shuffle again, karate man and all.
Agreed on all points. Page seems like something of a Bridge-Burner, but he seems pretty much out of places to go (assuming he won't go to ROH if his view on Delirious hasn't changed).
Page is lucky that at this point, if he talks some good game, he could get NXT to sign him for sure, just to keep him away from AEW.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '20, 22:36

cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 22:08
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 21:15
Page is lucky that at this point, if he talks some good game, he could get NXT to sign him for sure, just to keep him away from AEW.
I can't imagine WWE will take him.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation