Bruce Mitchell Fired from PWTorch After Publishing Article Claiing Brodie Lee Died from COVID and People Covered it Up

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Bruce Mitchell Fired from PWTorch After Publishing Article Claiing Brodie Lee Died from COVID and People Covered it Up

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 30th, '20, 17:00

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2020/12/29 ... jon-huber/

By Wade Keller, PWTorch editor

December 29, 2020

Addendum (12-29-20)

Bruce Mitchell is no longer a staff member of Pro Wrestling Torch. I spoke with him earlier today and let him know my decision, as well as the reasons behind it.

I thank him for over 30 years of contributions that helped shape and grow Pro Wrestling Torch. Bruce informed and entertained readers and listeners with sharp, hard-hitting, informed columns and podcasts.

In addition, he has been a dear friend outside of the professional realm. I wish him well.

I also apologize to the Huber family for any pain the column caused.

Editor’s Note (12-28-20)

Yesterday on PWTorch.com, senior columnist Bruce Mitchell published an editorial concerning the death of Jon Huber (a/k/a Brodie Lee, Luke Harper) that did not go through the normal vetting and editing process for Mitchell’s columns in general, and especially for such a sensitive topic.

I was not given the opportunity to see the column before it was published.

Out of deference to Bruce’s 30 years as a staff writer, I chose not to immediately remove or edit the column as I assessed the situation, which included a discussion with him.

Based on that conversation and additional reporting, I decided that the column does not meet our standards for publication. The piece has been removed from the site.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Bruce Mitchell Fired from PWTorch after Publishing Article Claiing Brodie Lee Died from COVID and Peopel Covered it

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 30th, '20, 17:01

Raise your hand if you're shocked that Bruce Mitchell jumped to an inappropriate conclusion.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: Bruce Mitchell Fired from PWTorch after Publishing Article Claiing Brodie Lee Died from COVID and Peopel Covered it

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 30th, '20, 18:25

Idek no Bruce Mitchell...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 30th, '20, 21:51

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 30th, '20, 17:01 Raise your hand if you're shocked that Bruce Mitchell jumped to an inappropriate conclusion.
not shocked at all, I did however expected him to recognize he fucked up and apologize

NWK2000

Re: Bruce Mitchell Fired from PWTorch After Publishing Article Claiing Brodie Lee Died from COVID and People Covered it

Post by NWK2000 » Dec 31st, '20, 00:04

Good. He will not be missed.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.