Sami Callihan signs new multi-year deal with Impact Wrestling

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Sami Callihan signs new multi-year deal with Impact Wrestling

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 1st, '21, 12:30

https://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/sami ... ing-329041

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Jan 1, 2021 7:19 am

Sami Callihan has signed a new multi-year deal to remain with Impact Wrestling.

On Twitter, Callihan announced at the start of the new year that he's signed a new two-year deal with Impact Wrestling.

"Today marks when I WOULD have been a FREE AGENT," Callihan wrote. "I just RE-SIGNED with @IMPACTWRESTLING, 2 years for BIG money. I got other offers...but I don’t give a damn. This is MY company. I made this company. I will be champion again in 2021."

PWInsider reported in December that Callihan was expected to remain with Impact Wrestling.

Callihan is a former Impact World Champion. He held the title from October 2019 to January 2020. At Turning Point in November, Callihan unsuccessfully challenged Rich Swann for the Impact World Championship.

Callihan will be in action on the first Impact episode of 2021. He's facing Eddie Edwards on Tuesday's show.

In this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reported on Ethan Page's contract status with Impact Wrestling:

Ethan Page, who is no longer with the company as he decided not to sign a new deal, which breaks up The North as a team since Josh Alexander has months left, has pulled all of his merchandise effective now. Pulling merchandise often is a prelude of going to WWE but there is nothing confirmed on that front
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Sami Callihan signs new multi-year deal with Impact Wrestling

Post by cero2k » Jan 2nd, '21, 18:26

hmmm i'm not gonna lie, I don't know what's left for him on Impact, it kinda feels like they won't go with him for a world title run anymore, he's not likely ever going babyface, and i'm completely over with his feuds with Edwards and Swann. He could benefit from some time away from the company, but I understand there's not really anywhere he could go