Dalton Castle becomes free agent, reportedly has Ring of Honor offer

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Dalton Castle becomes free agent, reportedly has Ring of Honor offer

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 10th, '21, 20:05

https://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/da ... fer-329846

By Josh Nason | @joshnason | Jan 10, 2021 1:38 pm

Former Ring of Honor World Champion Dalton Castle is a free agent.

98.5 The Sports Hub's James Stewart first reported the news with Wrestling Inc. adding the 34-year-old has a "good" offer from ROH but is exploring all of his options.

Castle was part of the company's recent Pure Title tournament, losing in the first round to Jay Lethal. Since then, he defeated Brian Johnson but lost to Brody King and Rey Horus. His last appearance was on the losing end of a ten-man tag on their Christmas show.

Castle (Brett Giehl) has primarily worked for ROH since 2013. He defeated Cody Rhodes for the World title at 2017's Final Battle before eventually losing it to Jay Lethal in June 2018. He also held the company's six-man tag titles with The Boys in June 2017 before losing them to the Young Bucks and Adam Cole.

An accomplished amateur wrestler, the Rochester, NY, native has been a pro since 2009.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Dalton Castle becomes free agent, reportedly has Ring of Honor offer

Post by cero2k » Jan 10th, '21, 20:35

idk if there would be any interest from the promotions, but I'd imagine that his whole gimmick would be suitable for AEW and WWE. I feel like ROH is done playing with that toy and moved on

Big Red Machine

Re: Dalton Castle becomes free agent, reportedly has Ring of Honor offer

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 10th, '21, 21:05

cero2k wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 20:35 idk if there would be any interest from the promotions, but I'd imagine that his whole gimmick would be suitable for AEW and WWE. I feel like ROH is done playing with that toy and moved on
The stuff with the Boys? Yes. ROH is done with it. But he definitely fits in well with the more mat-based approach, too. My guess is that if AEW wants him, he goes to AEW, but if they're not interested, he's definitely staying in ROH.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3