COVID-19 outbreak in WWE NXT, will affect plans for this week's show

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

COVID-19 outbreak in WWE NXT, will affect plans for this week's show

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 15th, '21, 15:08

https://www.f4wonline.com/nxt-news/covi ... how-335926

By Dave Meltzer | @davemeltzerWON | Mar 15, 2021 1:32 pm

There was an outbreak of COVID-19 resulting in a number of positive tests in NXT coming from the Performance Center.

Full details are unavailable past it does affect this Wednesday's NXT episode. Obviously no names are being disclosed nor has WWE addressed it publicly.

What is known is that on Thursday they were building and moving rings at the building next door to the Performance Center and it was said workers were not wearing masks. One report is that there were people who tested positive that both were and weren't there at the time.

Fightful reported earlier today that it came from something Thursday where proper precautions weren't followed.

The word broke yesterday that there was an outbreak and there were substantial numbers who tested positive. Both people testing positive, and others who had been around them, are in quarantine and would be at least through this week.

It is believed no Raw or SmackDown talent was effected by this outbreak.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: COVID-19 outbreak in WWE NXT, will affect plans for this week's show

Post by cero2k » Mar 16th, '21, 11:49

a lot of people are assuming that WWE delayed the Wrestlemania announcement because this broke out hours before the 'scheduled announcement'

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 16th, '21, 12:53

cero2k wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 11:49 a lot of people are assuming that WWE delayed the Wrestlemania announcement because this broke out hours before the 'scheduled announcement'
What announcement? You mean tickets going on sale? Wasn't that already announced? I know they pulled the date and said they'd have an update, but I think a date had already been announced.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 16th, '21, 13:15

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 12:53 What announcement? You mean tickets going on sale? Wasn't that already announced? I know they pulled the date and said they'd have an update, but I think a date had already been announced.
not sure of the specifics, but I think they were announcing the procedure of the ticket sales and open the actual ticket sale, it's a two day Wrestlemania + two day NXT + two day HOF? + RAW, so I think they were going to be making a big announcement and countdown to the start. Either way, they delayed the sale day

Another thing was that they randomly announced Drew vs Lashley at WM because they were going to sell tickets without even telling you what's on what night

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 16th, '21, 22:48

cero2k wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 13:15
Another thing was that they randomly announced Drew vs Lashley at WM because they were going to sell tickets without even telling you what's on what night
99% of promotions start selling tickets WAY before you know what will be on the card.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 17th, '21, 07:49

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 22:48
99% of promotions start selling tickets WAY before you know what will be on the card.
I agree, but then why not wait a week to announce Lashley vs Drew after Fastlane?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 17th, '21, 10:31

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 12:53
cero2k wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 11:49 a lot of people are assuming that WWE delayed the Wrestlemania announcement because this broke out hours before the 'scheduled announcement'
What announcement? You mean tickets going on sale? Wasn't that already announced? I know they pulled the date and said they'd have an update, but I think a date had already been announced.
so it seems that they had to delay because the live crowed got capped to 25K (i think both nights, WWE wanted 45K), so I think WWE didn't even know their final limit before sending out the ticket announcement.

still about 24,950 more that I feel comfortable seeing in the same place.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 17th, '21, 13:07

cero2k wrote: Mar 17th, '21, 07:49
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 22:48
I agree, but then why not wait a week to announce Lashley vs Drew after Fastlane?
This is just me speculating, but a criticism I have heard a lot over the fast week or two (mostly from people on either Keller or Powell's networks of podcasts) is that part of the reason that there isn't the usual excitement for Mania right now (usually they can at least build some excitement now matter how bad the booking has been) is that other than stuff relating to people who won Royal Rumbles, the card really isn't crystalizing the way you would expect it to this far out (even if we give them a pass on the Raw women's division due to Lacey's pregnancy, they should have been starting to heat someone up by now, especially when Asuka was out for a bit, too). Announcing Drew vs. Lashley helps with that (and also lets people know that it won't be a three-way with Miz as some have been fearing), and if there is no title defense at Fast Lane, then there is no reason to wait.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation