Bad Bunny hands WWE 24/7 title to R-Truth on Raw

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Bad Bunny hands WWE 24/7 title to R-Truth on Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 16th, '21, 09:56

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/bad- ... raw-335976

By Bryan Rose | @br26 | Mar 15, 2021 7:37 pm

Bad Bunny handed the WWE 24/7 title to R-Truth tonight on Raw, ending his reign with the championship.

During a backstage segment on tonight’s Raw, R-Truth tried to sneak up and attack Bad Bunny to win the championship back. Damien Priest, however, pointed R-Truth out before he could attack. Truth, who was carrying Stone Cold Steve Austin merchandise, responded by giving Bad Bunny the merch he had on him. He told Bad Bunny, however, that he wanted his title back. After some deliberation with Priest, Bad Bunny gave the championship to R-Truth, saying he respected Truth and the business.

This ends Bad Bunny’s reign with the championship after 28 days, pinning a laid out Akira Tozawa on the February 15 edition of Raw. This starts R-Truth’s 50th reign as champion.

During his run as champion, Bad Bunny showcased the championship during high profile events, including his appearances on Saturday Night Live and last night’s Grammy Awards. Bad Bunny won a Grammy last night for Best Latin Pop or Urban Album.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Bad Bunny hands WWE 24/7 title to R-Truth on Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 16th, '21, 09:57

Seems to me that if he really respected the business, he'd have insisted on actually getting pinned instead of trading a championship away for merch that he could easily just buy from WWEShop.com

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 16th, '21, 11:50

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 09:57 Seems to me that if he really respected the business, he'd have insisted on actually getting pinned instead of trading a championship away for merch that he could easily just buy from WWEShop.com
Somehow, trading the belt for merch doesn't even sound like the worst thing that has happened around this title

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 16th, '21, 11:57

cero2k wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 11:50
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 09:57 Seems to me that if he really respected the business, he'd have insisted on actually getting pinned instead of trading a championship away for merch that he could easily just buy from WWEShop.com
Somehow, trading the belt for merch doesn't even sound like the worst thing that has happened around this title
It’s not as ridiculous as the Ironman Metal Heavyweight Championship or whatever it’s called, but it’s as close as WWE would get to it.

The tried to capture the magic of the early 00’s Hardcore title skits and they’ve missed. It’s awful and boring.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 16th, '21, 13:09

XIV wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 11:57
It’s not as ridiculous as the Ironman Metal Heavyweight Championship or whatever it’s called, but it’s as close as WWE would get to it.

The tried to capture the magic of the early 00’s Hardcore title skits and they’ve missed. It’s awful and boring.
it's not by a mile, but they're also completely different types of promotions. Now that i follow DDT more closely, i'm surprised by how little that title takes up time from the shows, it's rare that it's featured, and when it is, it tends to be the 2nd match, which is always a comedy match regardless, and it's an actual match. Most of the title changes are all from social media videos.

the current 24/7 title to me feels like a new version of the guest GM, the perfect excuse to involve whatever random celebrity for a week or two.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 16th, '21, 22:44

Wtf are you legitimately on these days to think like this?

There's no GOT DANGED "respecting the business " involved over this comedy, crap, nonsense garbage title!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 16th, '21, 22:46

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 22:44
Wtf are you legitimately on these days to think like this?

There's no GOT DANGED "respecting the business " involved over this comedy, crap, nonsense garbage title!
I'm pointing out that the dude is out of touch in the way he thinks he is respecting the business.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 19th, '21, 09:36

XIV wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 11:57
And it's amazing because they supposedly have these professional Hollywood "writers" there, and yet, when they have, the comedy has gotten much worse than it was back in the Attitude Era and early 2003. Have any of these comedy writers other than Gewirtz ever actually been funny in WWE?

This can be added to the long list of stuff that WWE actually managed to do well in the past and yet has completely sucked at when they brought it back because they don't seem to understand what actually made the thing work in the first place. I wrote a whole thing on how disappointed I was in the way the drafting for the new brand split was handled, and in that article I noted that so many of the answers for how to do it right were easily available to WWE in their own archives. You'd think that if you're doing a brand split, part of the creative process would be to rewatch the build-up to and early execution of the original to see what went right, what went wrong, and why, and they didn't seem to do that.

Here, again, they either didn't go back and watch any of the 24/7 Rule stuff, or they somehow didn't understand the comedy, which is, again, astounding when you realize that there are people on the Creative team who are supposedly professional Hollywood comedy writers..

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 19th, '21, 15:15

The problem is this, Crash Holly and the Hardcore Title were the original R Truth and 24/7.

Several things are missing that made it what it was.

Firstly, Crash Holly was being funny in a situational kind of way, not by being a joke or making bad jokes or being “crazy”. He’d just get chased down slides, hire the APA and stuff and a chunk of it was entertaining as hell.

Secondly, with the Hardcore title at least someone got hit with a weapon or had already had a match before being pinned. A relatively fresh person should easily get out of a roll-up which is often how the 24-7 title is won and it’s just one pin and done.

I’m not saying the Hardcore title was great, but the fact that it had enough magic about it that the Undertaker wanted to hold it, shows that it had some validity at the time (considering he never chased mid card titles), some of it was fun and decent, but none of the 24/7 has been good.
Have A Nice Day!